Page 90 of 143 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Didn't he sign with the Dolphins?
    Bennett denied they have even spoken and there has been no confirmation yet. So he should still be available and certainly cheaper than an established half.
    Psmitty

Affiliate wrap: Lofi double helps Burleigh to dominant win over Magpies
    https://www.titans.com.au/

The Burleigh Bears put in an almost flawless first half performance to down Souths Logan Magpies in their Round 7 Hostplus Cup match.

The Bears ran in five first-half tries before the Magpies were able to get on the board, with Justin Fai crashing over for the home side in the 37th minute to give a glimmer of hope of a comeback.

However, Burleigh had too many strong performers across the park, including skipper Sami Sauiluma who scored a double and was brutal in defence and speedy winger Alofiana Khan-Pereira, who also crossed for two tries.

The 20-year-old Titan was a live-wire with ball in hand, running for 181 metres in only nine runs, with four tackle breaks and two line breaks helping Burleigh's strong left edge.

Orchestrating much of the attack was halfback Guy Hamilton who took out the Hastings Deering player of the match honours in the win.

The Bears next face Mackay Cutters at Pizzey Park on Saturday night.

Tweed had the week off, set to face off against the Northern Pride at Piggabeen on Saturday afternoon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Phil Gould says Titans need to focus on defensive-minded players after Kieran Foran signing
    Marc Churches
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/titans-...5-8182207c761b

Rugby league guru Phil Gould says he can't understand why the Titans' recruitment continues to chase attacking players rather than "hard-nosed forwards" following the signing of Manly veteran Kieran Foran.

Foran, who returned to Manly last season, will officially join the Titans in 2023 after signing on for a two-year deal, understood to be worth about $750,000-a-season.

News of Foran's signature couldn't have come at a more crucial time for the Titans with the club searching for answers after five-straight losses. They have won just two from nine games to start the year.

Gould conceded the crafty playmaker will bring a wealth of experience but said the signing continues a recent trend of bringing in players with attacking mindsets, as they leak points at the other end.

"Kieran Foran I'm a real fan of. I think he's a good buy in certain respects for a team like the Titans because he's got experience," Gould told Nine's 100% Footy.

"But he's yet another purchase that's being made around attacking football rather than the defensive mindset.

"They've never really recruited someone who's that hard-edge and hard-nosed leadership bloke that values defence, values the grind and values gritting his way through a game of football.

"They've never gone down that line. Everyone they've bought, if you look at it, they've come in and enhanced their attacking game... I just think the Titans are lacking that leadership edge. That really hard-nosed forward like a Kevin Campion, Jeremy Smith or someone like that, who can come in, lead the way and value winning close games in a grinding situation."

Foran has played 247 NRL games, including 34 appearances with Manly in his most recent stint after injuries hampered his tenure with the Bulldogs between 2018 and 2020.

In recent years, the Titans have brought in the likes of rampaging forwards Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and David Fifita, playmaker Will Smith, lock Isaac Liu, centre Esan Marsters and wingers Corey Thompson and Jamayne Isaako.

"The team doesn't have a defensive bend, it doesn't have a defensive resolve," Gould added.

"We saw that with the Roosters the other night. They're a very dangerous attacking team.

"The Titans make you nervous when you play against them, they can put 30 or 40 on you."

While discussing the Titans' defensive woes, Gould made mention of a try during the second half which saw Roosters fullback James Tedesco go over.

"Look how they just stand back and wait there as the Roosters come to them. That one vision there shows me there is little emphasis placed on defence," Gould said.

"All backing away from the ball and allowing easy passes to the try line... you need defensive minded people.

"You're not going to win football games in the NRL doing that."

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Injury report: Jolliffe, Sami return likely; Fifita progressing well
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...gressing-well/

The Gold Coast Titans are set to welcome back hard man Jaimin Jolliffe and flyer Phil Sami this week after the duo were given the green light for a return by high performance staff.

Recovering from a left calf injury sustained against the Cowboys, Jolliffe was a chance of returning last Saturday, but was opted to be rested a further week with a good chance of a return this coming week after being given the all clear for selection.

The same goes for electrifying back Sami, who has overcome a PCL injury to also be ready and able should Justin Holbrook call on his services for the Round 10 clash against the Dragons.

In further good news for the club, David Fifita has begun running this week as he rehabs a Grade 2 MCL sprain sustained against the Penrith Panthers.

He is working hard to return in Round 12 against the Broncos.

Watch the full Titans injury report below with high performance manager Klint Hoare.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Phil Gould says Titans need to focus on defensive-minded players after Kieran Foran signing
    Marc Churches
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/titans-...5-8182207c761b

Foran, who returned to Manly last season, will officially join the Titans in 2023 after signing on for a two-year deal, understood to be worth about $750,000-a-season."
    $750,000 a season. Wasn’t that for 2 seasons?? I know I want him here (like right now). But he is not worth that. I am guessing the reporter has it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    $750,000 a season. Wasn’t that for 2 seasons?? I know I want him here (like right now). But he is not worth that. I am guessing the reporter has it wrong.
    You are right and the article is wrong. Pretty big mistake there.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Yeah $750k for the 2 years with us...$375k per year...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Courier-Mail roasting says it all … too long to post but pulls no punches. Just relieved it didn’t quote the two premierships bs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Roosters apparently chasing Munster according to Kent. Foran/Keary partnership anyone? Possibly the most injury prone halves pairing in history but would be brilliant when fit.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Roosters apparently chasing Munster according to Kent. Foran/Keary partnership anyone? Possibly the most injury prone halves pairing in history but would be brilliant when fit.
    How can they possibly keep Keary, Tedesco, Walker, Munster, Manu under the cap. They must have underpaid forwards.

QLD Cup

I really hope we are going hard after Ryan Matterson as a ball playing middle.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Could we go after Jackson Hastings instead? He would theoretically be a cheaper option, I don't know what his contract situation is

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Did you see the way he left the wests tigers?
    Do we need more drama here!

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Signed with dolphins

I would like to have a crack at signing Justin Olam as he is off contract at the Storm soon.

Reported tonight that Jacob Little being shopped around as well.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady