Page 89 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39 79 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 99 139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2136

I'm supportive of a signing like Kieran Foran. He seems to have been around forever but he is 31, turning 32. Made his FG debut in 2009. If it happens, hopefully good fortune in injuries and off-field issues. He has been on skid row with a few clubs. Hopefully an opportunity he'd grasp with both hands.

As HS suggested, is immediate a possibility?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

It will turnout a nightmare. Rather that money used to attract a dummy half

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    It will turnout a nightmare. Rather that money used to attract a dummy half
    There should still be money next year for a hooker with Wallace $600k, ESE Rse $400k, Proctor say $250k should all be shown the door plus their are others surplus to our needs which can be covered if we fast track some of our promising juniors such as JoJo. Payten took the hit last year by blooding a number of young juniors (not spine players) and they are playing superbly.

First Grader

Our priority however should be repositioning our marquee money from an edge forward who does not determines game to the half who is the dominant player in the team. Problem is that there is little on offer for 2023. Just shows that our recruitment team including Mal do not have the street smarts to maximise the effectiveness of the cap

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post

As HS suggested, is immediate a possibility?
    Not a chance I would think.

Test playmaker to join Titans in ‘23

Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Sun 8 May 2022, 12:44 PM
    Share on social media
    Share via Facebook
    Share via Twitter
    Share via Whats-app
    Share via Reddit
    Share via Email
    The Gold Coast Titans have landed a marquee signing, with 22-Test playmaker, Kieran Foran to head to Queensland from next season.

Foran will join the Titans for seasons 2023 and 2024 and add experience and depth to the youthful Titans spine.

Foran has played 246 NRL games, primarily for the Manly Sea Eagles, and won two Premierships across two stints with the club.

Known for his strong running game and slick ballplaying, Foran has been among the top echelon of five-eighths since his debut in 2009.

Titans Head Coach Justin Holbrook said Foran will add another element to his young side.

“Kieran brings a wealth of experience to our squad and this will be invaluable for not just the halves, but the whole team,” Holbrook said.

“He is a world class player who has played in big matches and he will help bring along the young halves in our squad, as well as provide immediate impact on the field from next year.

“We know we have some great Gold Coast juniors coming through and Kieran will support that transition over the coming seasons.”

Foran has played nine games in season 2022, averaging 89 run metres, creating five try assists and seven line break assists, while scoring two tries himself.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

We need to replace our centres and work on our spine. I am sure the Roosters and others are giving little incentives in brown paper bags or from the blockchain maybe we should try that. Does our club not know about Monero.
    Psmitty

Okay now that we got Foz, it's time for us to go after Cam McInnes at hooker and a hard working second rower.

Blood Jojo Fifita for Kelly, hope Tremaine Spry is recovering well and can make a return next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Also start grooming Jayden Campbell or Paul Turner as Forans apprentice (possibly AJ, but I feel Jayden could make a better 5/8 in a few years)

I haven’t given up on Holbrook just yet but he’s on shaky ground. The “youth” excuse is still valid and for all those comparing Fifita with Kikau seem to have forgotten that it took Kikau 1/2 a lifetime to become the player he is now. Plus he still fades in and out games. Sexton and Clark are duds but that could only be discovered on the field. Too slow, poor reads, terrible passing and shocking losses of confidence.

I feel much better about the pack except for Proctor who I admit never dogs it but is just way past his use-by date, except perhaps as a middle. Ese’ese, Lisone, Jolliffe, McIntyre and Wallace are toilers but not game changers and Tino is not a 13. I think Herbert should play 13 … he’s tough, quick and can ball play … he reminds me of Radley.

Sami and Marzhew are NRL quality wingers and shouldn’t be tampered with. Marsters is a quality center as is J. Fifita no matter his age … bye bye Kelly.

That leaves fb with Campbell, Thompson, Brimson and Isaako the options. I am underwhelmed by all of them because Campbell is a year too early, Thompson a foot too short, Brimson too ineffectual and Isaako too erratic. Toss a coin between all of them.

Boyd, D Fifita and Fermor pick themselves but where? Fermor left edge, Fifita right edge and Boyd in the 7 for mine. I know we are short a 9 but I’d take either of the QCup rakes over Clark in exchange for Boyd managing that left edge. I think we are stuck with Sexton for the time being unless Turner can step up.

Just rambling AND welcome back Teke, you old bastard … lukim behin bilong u, u save.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-05-22 at 12:43 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Saw somewhere on Twitter that it was saying that Foran and his family already live in Qld. I must admit that I have thought I have seen him on the coast a month or so ago. Not sure if true but if true makes sense he comes to us. Also the CM article he says he can’t wait to have Fifita running off him. I like the sound of that.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Would fermor be better at lo k with Tino on an edge? Also agree that we need foran now. This means will smith or one of the other depth players are on their way out for sure. I feel sorry for sexton but his game is regressing, and I am not sure that is holbrooks fault. Hopefully he cleans house on TLT. I normally rate Kelly, but he was absolutely schooled last night. I will be surprised if he's in the 17 this week.

First Grader

Speaking of payten, he apparently picks his team off who are the best defenders. Probably something we should look into

Herbert at 13 I like it can really put a hit on as well I also think JOJO for Kelly and Sami on the wing
    Marzhew I not really liking for his defence to be honest and can not read the play at all yes he good at making meters but that it
    Alofiana Khan-Pereira has pace maybe that is what is needed instead (not sure)
    But I would not take me long to pick Spry when he gets on his feet ahead of Sami maybe put Sami right side
    what is Booth like as a hooker I have not seen any of his game if I have I cant remember them can not be any worst then Clark
    Boyd also need to start as a 6 on the left side as he can set up his player out side him Fermor would benefit from him there
    With JC at FB and AJ on the bench for me as a impact player for me
    I not behind the FOZ coming but give it the chance I guess I still think McInnes needs to be given a a deal here to lead our pack around he looks lost at what he is doing Offer the sharks a deal to take over his contract ant we could throw in Ese’ese or some one to sweeten the deal

Maybe we should chase Sean O'Sullivan from the Panthers. He is off contract at the end of this year and seems a decent half.
    Psmitty

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Maybe we should chase Sean O'Sullivan from the Panthers. He is off contract at the end of this year and seems a decent half.
    Didn't he sign with the Dolphins?