Page 87 of 143 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Whilst contracted to the Cows to 2023, it was reported that they were willing to swap him to get Luciano a year early. As such it sounds like he is not in their long term plans particularly with Cotter playing well.

Robson is a local junior and is a quality hooker who has all the skills as a 9 and I would be making enquiries as to whether he is interested in coming back home and a year earlier
    That's another good momeyball option

Aaron Booth is a development player and cannot be considered for first grade until round 11. He is currently coming off the bench for Burleigh and his play has been good and tight without setting the world on fire. He is sharing the No. 9 duties with Pat Politoni who has been a very good second tier comp. player for a few years.

First Grader

Just reported on Gold Coast news that Titans are chasing Kieran Foran for next year

First Grader

Just reported on Gold Coast news that Titans are chasing Kieran Foran for next year
    Honestly that is exactly what Sexton needs but i wish it could somehow happen immediately. He is pretty injury prone so I'd be concerned about him coming here as a retirement village

Fox is saying the deal is basically done.
    Psmitty

Don’t like the idea of Foran unless it’s for a low price. Has not played good football when not in a Manly jersey. Starting to worry about our recruitment. Need back row depth.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    Don’t like the idea of Foran unless it’s for a low price. Has not played good football when not in a Manly jersey. Starting to worry about our recruitment. Need back row depth.
    Aren't they building a retirement village at Parkwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Honestly that is exactly what Sexton needs but i wish it could somehow happen immediately. He is pretty injury prone so I'd be concerned about him coming here as a retirement village
    Foran Has played every minute of every game this year and I think you will find he only missed about one game last year.

That makes a lot of sense considering we never went after Reynolds! Obviously an attempt to sign a decent half after our recruitment gambles have blown up.
    He has young kids and kids from a previous and I understood he wanted to stay in Sydney for family reasons.
    Edit: someone on the Manly forum asked if the Titans remembered what happened the last time they signed a Manly half.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 05-05-22 at 07:30 PM.

I like this a lot. We need an experienced half with a cool head.

Oh boy, Kieron Foran, he only plays well when he plays against us doesn't he? Hope his family doesn't start betting on our games

I'm actually happy if we got Foran, extremely injury prone but good in defence, straightens up the attack, tough as nails and can teach the spine a lot. All depends on the $$ we would offer.

If we do get him, do we develop Jayden Campbell into a centre for next year? He obviously needs to bulk up a fair bit and has to be better in defence. But it's hard to replace AJ at fullback and we can't let him go, so Jayden to centre next year and put pressure on BK and Patty to aim up (I have been very underwhelmed by BK this year). I could see Jayden's future in 5/8 but in years time, not now.

First Grader

Tonight just shows that if you have a high class 7 who has a strong kicking game you will win more matches than you lose. Another Masterclass from Reynolds
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 05-05-22 at 09:43 PM.

Tonight just shows that if you have a high class 7 who has a strong kicking game you will win more matches than you lose. Another Masterclass from Reynolds
    Exactly. The Broncos are now around the top 8 and Souths have slipped a lot from last season. Not a coincidence I don't think..

QLD Cup

There’a no doubt that Reynolds has greatly improved the Broncos but I don’t think that all the heat the Sexton is getting on here is fair. Nathan Cleary didn’t set the world alight when he first started, it took him time to develop his game. An experienced half in Moloney really helped which is where somebody like Foran could be a benefit.

I think it’s worth remembering why we didn’t go after after Reynolds when he was available. That was because we were and are still after a top class hooker. Unfortunately Clark will never be top class. The position doesn’t come naturally to him. He can’t read the game, his passing is below average and he offers little in attack. He does have guts though. Reynolds would have provided experience but it would have been at the expense of Sexton getting game time. If we can somehow get a decent hooker for next year, Sexton will be all the better for this year.

The other thing people seem to be forgetting is, Fogarty chose to leave this year. We didn’t ask him to. If he was wanting to leave because he thought he should be starting I don’t think he would have been useful in developing Sexton. Yeah it wasn’t ideal and would have been good if he wanted to stay, but Fogarty had some real downsides to his game such as his defence and long (or should I say say short) kicking game. He had been around long enough and those facets were never going to get better.