Page 83 of 143 FirstFirst ... 33 73 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 93 133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Come on MT. You said you couldn't fathom my ongoing reasons after I'd taken the time to explain them, in detail. I took it that you thought my reasoning was nonsensical.

Not sure why you're apologising for having a different view. We've played enough tennis on this topic for you to know that isn't warranted.
    No way did I think your reasons were nonsensical. I disagree with them but respect them as always.
    Just thought your comeback was a bit precious but certainly happy to put the tennis racquets down as we'll not agree on this one.
    My posts, like many others I see, are just reflecting a frustrated supporter base I feel.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 29-04-22 at 02:40 PM.

JC and Paps seem to have a different relationship with terra firma. Paps seems grounded while JC appears to be disconnected but he’s not alone amongst our group. As for Sexton, I can’t find a similarity with any half in my living memory going back to the mid-sixties. DH would agree that lightweights like Valley’s Ross Threlfo offered significantly more. Clark has been discussed and putting him up as a middle would just be desperation in my opinion. We are in a world of hurt I reckon and I nervously wait to hear that Fifita or some of our quality young backs will dessert us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Only 4kgs difference with Paps slightly the heavier, so you may have a point. I'll just back my gut feeling and hope I'm wrong. I mentioned JC's defence but in his games this season he showed little in attack either. Always looked sharp but never made a break.
    Yeah I agree with you, he’s not there yet, but I’m not ready to throw him away based on size alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    JC and Paps seem to have a different relationship with terra firma. Paps seems grounded while JC appears to be disconnected but he’s not alone amongst our group. As for Sexton, I can’t find a similarity with any half in my living memory going back to the mid-sixties. DH would agree that lightweights like Valley’s Ross Threlfo offered significantly more. Clark has been discussed and putting him up as a middle would just be desperation in my opinion. We are in a world of hurt I reckon and I nervously wait to hear that Fifita or some of our quality young backs will dessert us.
    Sexton is in the DCE mould in my estimation, though obviously not as good yet.

Sexton is in the DCE mould in my estimation, though obviously not as good yet.
    Lacking in both neck and pace but I hope you’re right.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Lacking in both neck and pace but I hope you’re right.
    The neck is where DCEs pace comes from. It’s all aerodynamics

I was listening to Gus Goulds podcast this week and he spoke for about 10 minutes on the Titans and he said that we need a living breathing example of Leadership on the field that can teach our players what to do when they going gets tough. Thats why I thought we bought Liu but we really need an experienced spine player. He said Luia and Cleary learned immensely under Maloneys time at Penrith even tho they were not extremely successful whilst Maloney was there

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    I was listening to Gus Goulds podcast this week and he spoke for about 10 minutes on the Titans and he said that we need a living breathing example of Leadership on the field that can teach our players what to do when they going gets tough. Thats why I thought we bought Liu but we really need an experienced spine player. He said Luia and Cleary learned immensely under Maloneys time at Penrith even tho they were not extremely successful whilst Maloney was there
    Adam Reyn....oh wait.

Sticking with Sexton is a huge gamble as his upside looks very limited and he just isn’t improving so how long do we have to wait until he’s even an average NRL half back at best? Sometimes things just don’t work out so let’s get on the front foot and send him back to cup (his level) and bring in some xfactor. So one from left field is JC comes back at half back. I’d suggest weaver but I have no clue about the kid I just hope the wraps I’ve been reading are on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Sticking with Sexton is a huge gamble as his upside looks very limited and he just isn’t improving so how long do we have to wait until he’s even an average NRL half back at best? Sometimes things just don’t work out so let’s get on the front foot and send him back to cup (his level) and bring in some xfactor. So one from left field is JC comes back at half back. I’d suggest weaver but I have no clue about the kid I just hope the wraps I’ve been reading are on the money.
    Sorry mate I don’t see absolutely any way that JC could be a halfback, the kid has never played it in his life and he isn’t about to walk in and be able to manage a team and game at NRL level. Absolute best case would be JC at 6 and Smith 7, but could you imagine Campbell having to defend in the line for 80 minutes? Backrowers would have a field day running at him.

Junior

They can be the most talked up, hyped up schoolboy of all time but until they play against men and at NRL level you can’t compare. Look at Joseph Suaalli. The Roosters even got an exemption to play at 17 and he hasn’t really set the work on fire. Their are no guarantees about the juniors coming through

As for Sexton, I can’t find a similarity with any half in my living memory going back to the mid-sixties.
    Fading memories here but I recall, Graham Murray, Craig Coleman, & Horrie Hastings weren't very pacy. They'd easily beat Sexton but he can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Fading memories here but I recall, Graham Murray, Craig Coleman, & Horrie Hastings weren't very pacy. They'd easily beat Sexton but he can improve.
    For a half back I’m more concerned with the game smarts and management, I think Sexton has it and will only get better. Still a rookie and we need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Titslover View Post
    Sorry mate I don’t see absolutely any way that JC could be a halfback, the kid has never played it in his life and he isn’t about to walk in and be able to manage a team and game at NRL level. Absolute best case would be JC at 6 and Smith 7, but could you imagine Campbell having to defend in the line for 80 minutes? Backrowers would have a field day running at him.
    I’m happy for those to guys to switch but I think JC is a footballer and would probably surprise you. Hurricane has to get our best talent on the field and on current form that wouldn’t include Sexton

Rep Player

Sexton isn’t the only rookie half struggling with second year syndrome. Sam Walker hasn’t been great this year either.

I just thought I’d add there is no substitute for speed