Page 81 of 143 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2136

Coach watches feeder team play because it’s in the same place that his NRL team played the night before. Another cracker from the Mole

I thought it was April fools day when I read the Moles column, must of been a very slow rumour week for him to even think of such a story. No mention of Holbrook maybe watching the feeder team as HS mentioned and some contracted players that were playing for tweed.

I would be disappointed if the recruitment team aren't seriously looking at the Tigers hooker situation. Yes, i know its the tigers, but with Koroisau coming next year surely we could grab either Liddle or Simpkins next season.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 28-04-22 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    I would be disappointed if the recruitment team aren't seriously looking at the Tigers hooker situation. Yes, i know its the tigers, but with Koroisau coming next year surely we could grab either Liddell or Simpkins nnext season.
    They're contracted to the end of '23 and '24 respectively. They'd need to be released early.

Liddle doesn't do much for me, but Simpkin is an excellent young player. Last I heard the Tigers weren't interested in letting him walk though, even with Api coming in
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 28-04-22 at 02:08 PM.

Rep Player

Liddle is rubbish

I see that the Porpoises have signed Konrad Hurrell for next year. Good luck with that.

No to Liddle as I don’t think any better than what we have but Simpkin is worth considering

- - - Updated - - -

Gus makes sense here, Bird and Bailey had this influence. We have a good pack but no mongrel

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    No to Liddle as I don’t think any better than what we have but Simpkin is worth considering

- - - Updated - - -

Gus makes sense here, Bird and Bailey had this influence. We have a good pack but no mongrel
    Wish Keegan Hipgrave wasn't forced out of the club and medically retired. He's the type of lunatic we need, gave 100%, took a few peoples heads off and had the odd brain explosion (but that comes with the mongrel). Get Keegan to teach these boys how to put pride in the jersey and how to tear heads off.

On another note I saw Ivan Clearly at the start of his tenure at the Panthers saw that the young squad was getting intimidated and out muscled by other team, so he made it part of their training to do boxing and actually spar each other frequently to boost their confidence on the field. I honestly think small things like this could really help a young team like ours, look at the Panthers swagger now.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Should give Jordan Rankin the fairytale return to the coast haha read on Fox sports he was playing well for Parras reserves and not contracted
    Destined for coaching after his deal ends.

Donkeys are a much better team than us now. Amazing what an experienced half can bring to a struggling team.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Donkeys are a much better team than us now. Amazing what an experienced half can bring to a struggling team.
    They’ve actually got a bit of heart and a defensive system too. You’d never see us keep a team this good to 1 try

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    They have won this game because of their defence. Been awesome

First Grader

Reynolds has been brilliant over last 3 weeks. His organisational skills and kicking game is top notch where tonight Cronulla we’re often being tackled in their own 10 due to the accuracy of Reynolds kicking. Yes the Donkeys were very good in defence but Reynolds was high class. This was the type of player we should have chasing to provide guidance to a young team

No doubt we are light years behind the ‘Ponies in defensive effort and organizing.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Definitely seems like taking the punt on our youth in the spine rather than signing a top notch number 7 may come back to bite us. We probably should have learned from the Broncos of the last 3 years that having a brilliant young forward pack means nothing if you don't have a smart halfback to steer them around. Sure it's not just that - our effort and defence are both dreadful - but it would certainly help big time.

It is absolutely painful to see the Broncos being fairly good again while we seem to be back to the worst team in QLD