Page 78 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 68 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2136

Great info HS and Mdrew

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tweed defeated Burleigh in HDC (U21's)
    Really pleased to read the reports from those two games.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Really pleased to read the reports from those two games.
    Ditto from me. It adds another dimension knowing how the up and comers are going.

Banned

Corey might go play for the Eels if I he don't get game time

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Corey might go play for the Eels if I he don't get game time
    Are they moving Gutho into the forwards?

Tweed defeated Burleigh in HDC (U21's)

A whole bunch of Titans boys but notably Tom Weaver, Jaylan De Groot, Klese Haas, Ben Liyou, Oskar Bryant who all played in the trial v the Broncos. All played well, Klese Haas probably the standout - scored a hatrick and just looked bigger/stronger/faster than anyone trying to tackle him. Probably best game I've seen Klese play, ever. Needs to back it up.
    QRL have chosen Klese Haas as the "Heavy Lifter" of the round (highlights of his performance in below link)

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2022/04/...---klese-haas/

First Grader

QRL have chosen Klese Haas as the "Heavy Lifter" of the round (highlights of his performance in below link)

Sheeesh, he didn't look that big in the trial but compared to the rest of his age group he's an absolute unit. Will be great for the long-term future of the club if him, Weaver, De Groot and Bryant can keep playing together for a while.

Rep Player

Absolutely love reading articles like this. We are still a work in progress but we finally have a pipeline where we don’t need to go out and pay overs

Former Dally M rookie of the year Ash Taylor is fighting for his NRL future as injury threatens to send him into an early retirement.

Taylor has been sidelined indefinitely at the Warriors due to a lingering hip problem that is preventing him from performing at first grade standard.

Taylor, 27, had surgery on his hips in the lead-up to the 2021 NRL season, his last at the Gold Coast Titans, but it didn’t have the desired effect.

Taylor struggled last year and found himself in-and-out of the Titans’ top team, eventually finishing the season on the sidelines as he wasn’t offered a new contract.

Now there are genuine fears his days in the NRL are numbered.

A schoolboys sensation who signed with the Broncos as a 12-year-old, Taylor was tipped to become the NRL’s next great playmaker.

Matty Johns infamously said Taylor had the potential to be better than four-time Dally M medal winner Johnathan Thurston.

But now he is facing a fight just to play in the NRL again, with his 116-game career on ice as the Warriors attempt to get him back to full fitness.

Taylor has made one NRL appearance this year, against his former club the Titans in round 2 where he was hesitant to run the ball and had a poor game overall.

The Warriors may be forced to play Taylor as the year goes on but as it stands, he isn’t fit enough to compete in the NRL in what is a major concern for his future.

He is only on a one-year contract at the Warriors and if he isn’t playing consistent NRL football it may be tough to secure a new deal.

IS Titans veteran Corey Thompson headed for the exits at Parkwood?

The 31-year-old is weighing up his future at a time when super coach Wayne Bennett is monitoring Thompson as a possible foundation recruit for the Dolphins in 2023.

The Titans have an option in their favour for next season, meaning Thompson is technically a free agent. He has been dropped for Saturday’s game against the Sea Eagles, with Greg Marzhew and Phil Sami to start on the wings.

Thompson would be a handy buy for the Dolphins, having amassed 111 NRL games and played in a grand final for Canterbury since his debut in 2014.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Absolutely love reading articles like this. We are still a work in progress but we finally have a pipeline where we don’t need to go out and pay overs
    He is a beast and hopefully the club puts him in the top 30 when the first opportunity arises otherwise the way he is playing he will get good offers from other clubs. Based in HS list on page 1, Proctor will go this year and Klese has so much more higher ceiling than Vuna

It's interesting because Klese really hasn't been a standout for the last 2-3 years. To be blunt, he's been average at best. Got a lot of media hype because of his surname and everyone thought he was the next Payne Haas. At the same age Payne was in a different universe.

You're right though WD, Klese looks a different beast after the NRL pre-season. Need to see him do it consistently and then take the step up and do it at Qcup level. I think he's capable though and I do hope we lock him up whether it's Dev or Top 30.

That's a shame to hear the rumour about CT and the Dolphins. This is why I'd keep him happy and slot him into fullback instead of Isaako. Isaako is nothing but depth for us.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    That's a shame to hear the rumour about CT and the Dolphins. This is why I'd keep him happy and slot him into fullback instead of Isaako. Isaako is nothing but depth for us.
    Yeah For sure! Thompson is taking time to find his feet after being out with injury and I’ve been pretty underwhelmed with Issako attack wise and he defence has been o.k. I think with JC still need a bit more time to find his feet Thompson has the experience to get the nod for me (especially since Issako is already on he was to the dolphins next year)

I know we're pretty stacked for our back 3 but we could do with Xavier savages pace on the wing bring him back to the Gold coast with a coach that won't throw him under the bus in the pressers

I can totally understand why the Dolphins would want to sign CT. I'd hate to see him go so soon and I think he should be in our side this weekend. Admittedly he had some rust last time he had a chance but that's to be expected.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER