Page 142 of 143 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2136

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    $400,000? Do our management want us to get into financial trouble for another 2 years. That's pretty irresponsible. He wouldn't even make my starting 17 next year and there are other alternatives on the market who provide better bang for buck especially for the 2024 season.
    The dolphins getting him in a cheap 1 year contract is good business for them though.

Read both Andrew Davey & Franklin Pele are off-contract on zero-tackle but then their was an article saying both were signed by the dogs. Both very astute buys that the titans are missing along with tass and royce hunt.
    https://www.zerotackle.com/bulldogs-...-boost-120991/
    400k over 2 years I believe mate. Not 400k per year. Not that I'd reccommend taking CM figures for gospel (yes they often make them up).

Franklin Pele is a fun project and all but have you seen him play? He's a really poor middle defender. Hence why Sharks & Fitzgibbon were happy to let him go.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-09-22 at 05:07 PM.

Junior

I'm not surprised Sharks let him go but Pele has 269 tackles for 10 misses in reserve grade, 100m per game, 19 offloads, 11 tries and 70 tackle breaks. Surely thats an improvement on our roster. Noone in our forwards bar tino and fotuaika crack 100m per game but I get its nsw cup.

As for the 400k over 2 years, that makes more sense and I'm aware figures are usually made up.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBuddy4 View Post
    I'm not surprised Sharks let him go but Pele has 269 tackles for 10 misses in reserve grade, 100m per game, 19 offloads, 11 tries and 70 tackle breaks. Surely thats an improvement on our roster. Noone in our forwards bar tino and fotuaika crack 100m per game but I get its nsw cup.

As for the 400k over 2 years, that makes more sense and I'm aware figures are usually made up.
    Yeah I hear you mate, although I wouldn’t rely too much on high-level stats especially in reserve grade as you say. I’m not saying he isn’t a decent young footballer but he’s got some massive holes in his game at the moment that those stats don’t account for. Recruiting a hit or miss 21 year old prop from Sydney who’s current biggest flaw aligns with our biggest flaw is probably not wise recruitment IMO

I think we need a middle or two for sure but it’s about the player profile and how they align with our needs to balance out our middles contribution.

Now that I’ve said this watch him go on to be dally m prop of the year at the bulldogs haha
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 29-09-22 at 07:20 PM.

Banned

What there's to talk about now that the season is over

Stimson signing confirmed by the club. A bit of a weird one as he was very ordinary at the Dogs but surely just a depth signing and wouldn't be on huge $$$

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Stimson signing confirmed by the club. A bit of a weird one as he was very ordinary at the Dogs but surely just a depth signing and wouldn't be on huge $$$
    Well we have to replace KP with a cardboard cut out so maybe he'll play off the bench

Hopefully just there to back up klese on the bench teach the young forwards some things other then vaping in the toilets, not the worst signing considering what's on the market and we do need some experience

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Another meh signing in a long line of meh signings but who knows we are due another Pulu or Paasi level cheap pickup….right?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Hopefully just there to back up klese on the bench teach the young forwards some things other then vaping in the toilets, not the worst signing considering what's on the market and we do need some experience
    A lot of very negative comments about Stimson's lack of fitness and being overweight on the Kennel website. Hopefully a change of clubs will deliver a change in attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    A lot of very negative comments about Stimson's lack of fitness and being overweight on the Kennel website. Hopefully a change of clubs will deliver a change in attitude.
    That forum has been meme’d into oblivion for how irrational and outrageous some of the takes are and this feels like one of them haha. I wouldn’t take it as a fair assessment of his attitude.

Based on recent form Stimson isn’t anything to get excited about but every club has to fill out 30 roster spots with affordable depth and role players and that’s where he fits in.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 30-09-22 at 01:20 PM.

Joe ready to go: Stimson a Titan in '23
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2022/...a-titan-in-23/

The Gold Coast Titans have further bolstered their side, adding backrower Joe Stimson to the pack for season 2023.

The 26-year-old played 21 games for the Canterbury Bulldogs in 2022, having arguably his best season in the NRL since his debut in 2017.

After three seasons at Melbourne Storm and a further three seasons at the Bulldogs, Stimson will join the Titans for the next two seasons.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook says Stimson’s signing was important as the club looked to strengthen its depth in the second row.

“Joe is the sort of player that we were chasing – someone who has experience at NRL level who can really do a job for us in a position that we were looking to reinforce," Holbrook said.

“He’s predominantly an edge player but can also play through the middle and his versatility will be important for our pack.

“He’s at the stage of his career now where he is pushing towards 100 NRL games, he’s played in an NRL grand final and we think he will be a great addition to our side for 2023.”

Stimson will join Origin forwards Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Moeaki Fotuaika and David Fifita in a Titans pack that also features New Zealand international Isaac Liu and recent Prime Minister's XIII representative Beau Fermor.
    JOIN THE NEW FORUM AT https://www.titansupporters.com/forum/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Totally fine with Stimson joining as a cheap depth bench forward who offers a bit of versatility like Sam Mac. Presumably he takes Proctor's spot on the roster and he is definitely an upgrade in that regard.

Neither here nor there but has at least some depth potential.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

More worried about his lack of talent with the ball. Cant play edge has no offloading game at all

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    More worried about his lack of talent with the ball. Cant play edge has no offloading game at all
    Surely there's some random edge forward in QCup that's on par but younger with more potential than Stimson.

He's 2023's Will Smith