Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I think as well while some of the Fifita criticism is justified. How many times has the halves/hookers given him flat ball, flat footed with 5 guys waiting. While he needs to lift imagine him playing off the back of a Harry Grant and a lighting fast halves combo. I think having a spine that is constantly in motion and set plays and he would thrive he just needs to roll up the sleeves more
    Tino was playing off the back of the same halves combo as David tonight and was in absolutely everything. Could say the same about Fermor. Can't just use the halves excuse for everything. For giving him good early ball? Yeah. For all the other effort areas of the game that don't involve hitting the ball up? No.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-08-21 at 11:18 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Tino was playing off the back of the same halves combo as David tonight and was in absolutely everything. Could say the same about Fermor. Can't just use the halves excuse for everything. For giving him good early ball? Yeah. For all the other effort areas of the game that don't involve hitting the ball up? No.
    Tino plays prop in the middle of the field??. Fifita is an edge, Fermour would of had as many line busts as Fifita tonight. But as stated above yes he needs to rolls his sleeves up and take the hard hit ups. Where did I use the halves excuse for everything? I said halves and hooker giving him more ball in motion and rolling the sleeves up will unlock what we need otherwise he’s just going to be another Tony Williams hitting it up flat footed with 5 players waiting for him. He’s not worth he’s price bit he’s still one of the best backrowers in the game he needs to be utilised properly

Fifita needs to run off somebody into at least a partial space like Herbert not just catch the ball and barge. He’s not only powerful he’s quick. That’s the deficiency of our half’s and structure.

Sexton and Marzhew should have been rewarded not demoted. Our 9’s are woefully inadequate as are our co-captains.

I have been a Holbrook supporter but he needs to do a lot to win me back after this travesty.
    Last edited by Titanic; 27-08-21 at 01:02 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Great thread Idea 5YC. I am interested to see if this thread becomes a genuine "here are my thoughts, positives, criticisms and maybe some solutions" or if it becomes a big whinge-pit

I'm picking the latter (not directed at you GT even though I've quoted ya below)

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'm sorry mate but comparing a middle and an edge when looking at how a half influences their output are apples and oranges.

You're right that the effort areas of his game and his defence are very poor though. He needs better service, but he also needs an 8/10 in those effort areas every week. It's a thing that is typical with players early in their career which is no excuse, but it's the reality. Amazing how much Tino picked up with a few years in that Melb system, hey?
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 27-08-21 at 08:21 AM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Great thread Idea 5YC. I am interested to see if this thread becomes a genuine "here are my thoughts, positives, criticisms and maybe some solutions" or if it becomes a big whinge-pit

I'm picking the latter (not directed at you GT even though I've quoted ya below)

I'm sorry mate but comparing a middle and an edge when looking at how a half influences their output are apples and oranges.

You're right that the effort areas of his game and his defence are very poor though. He needs better service, but he also needs an 8/10 in those effort areas every week. It's a thing that is typical with players early in their career which is no excuse, but it's the reality. Amazing how much Tino picked up with a few years in that Melb system, hey?
    Yeah I’d like to move it into the positives, questions and other thoughts as well. I guess it’s just raw after the game that’s it’s going to be negative at least at the start. There is so much to say about this year so I hope it evolves into that

A thing that really intrigues me out of this year is AJ and his return from injury. He seemed to lack the explosive pace he once had after his injury but to be honest I don’t think he’s been healthy all year. Really keen to see him back with a full preseason but maybe it also explains his move to 5/8 ad JC is more explosive.

Big positive for me is I think this is the first time (apart from our cameo last year) that we really had no issues putting points on the board. We had a few games where we struggled with a lack of creativity but I think our backline (Marzhew not Sami) as it’s stands are all good finishers. That gives me a lot of hope for next year.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 27-08-21 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Yeah I’d like to move it into the positives, questions and other thoughts as well. I guess it’s just raw after the game that’s it’s going to be negative at least at the start. There is so much to say about this year so I hope it evolves into that

A thing that really intrigues me out of this year is AJ and his return from injury. He seemed to lack the explosive pace he once had after his injury but to be honest I don’t think he’s been healthy all year. Really keen to see him back with a full preseason.

Big positive for me is I think this is the first time (apart from our cameo last year) that we really had no issues putting points on the board. That gives me a lot of hope for next year.
    So true about AJ mate. GT actually spotted it super early and I defended Brimmo but he was right. It might only be 5-10% that he's lost but you can notice he doesn't quite have that level of explosiveness he did off the mark. Top end looks to be a bit slower too. I think NRL Physio said it's fairly normal for that to be the case for the first 12 months post-lisfranc so let's hope and pray that's all it is.

Yep, scoring points and playing a positive-brand of footy was what got a lot of the casuals on board with us I think. In general a lot of the neutrals pegged us as the most entertaining team to watch because of what we did with the ball, and that's with our low quality 6/7/9. Credit needs to go to the coaches. Imagine the levels the attack could get to with quality and creativity in those spine positions?

It's like we still haven't learnt from the ash and Hayne contract stuff ups. Too many times fifita was given flat ball and swamped by 5 knights defenders as soona s he touches the ball, he's on the same side as our friggen halfback and captain, Ill give Fogarty a 6 out of 10 he had to do all the kicking maybe more good then bad tonight and more of the blame probably goes to the coach for gambling on Peachey coming in making a new edge combo in defence alongside notoriously poor defenders in Kelly Sami and fermour. There had to be some mid week training bust up with as because if he was at 6 shifting the ball in attack we probably win that game even though he's crap he's alot better shifting the ball in attack then Peachey who just does whatever he wants and ruins any game plan we have

As HS said in another post the titans aren't run by idiots we have some very knowledgeable people at the higher level who are committed and strive for success, there will be some tough decisions made hopefully all for the better.

Some great insights already in the thread and thanks 5YC for thinking of it, it shouldn't be a whinge fest HS hit the nail on the head, positive criticism and solutions.

I'll save the post mortem until we definitely have a corpse. We have one game to go and the coffin hasn't been nailed shut just yet.

I’m happy with our Strength team as we probably had less injuries that we have had in a long time. I feel we a physically fit enough but not mentally fit enough. I listen to Cronk when he speaks and a lot of the time he talks on sticking to the game plan in times when things are not happening and trust the plan. To me at times when we go away from the plan thats when I think that some players lack the mental strength to stick to the plan even under physical stress in a game. The one thing I would like to see changed is our line speed in D is non existent we need to try the rushed umbrella D that Storm do to suffocate a team into errors coming off there line.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'll save the post mortem until we definitely have a corpse. We have one game to go and the coffin hasn't been nailed shut just yet.
    Fair Point MT not to death ride us I just though Thursday game was a do or die abs I did not see a team leave it all on the field.

Maybe to make this easier we could even go

Best 2021 Moment
    Worst Moment
    Best Player
    Worst/Regressed Player
    Most improved
    2022 prediction
    Biggest Change Needed
    Any observation

Rep Player

Last edited by DIEHARD; 05-09-21 at 04:04 PM.

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Not dead yet.

I must admit that I have enjoyed the footy a lot this year. We had our share of crap losses and games we should have won but overall I enjoyed it more than previous years. To have to wait six months until our team plays again is a long wait. Hopefully we get some offseason signings or something to make it go quicker. As long as we are not in the news for some offseason drama I will be happy.
    Psmitty