Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Best moment: Fermor’s break down the left.
    Worst moment: Herbert’s flick pass to the touchie.
    Best player: Thompson (week in week out performances)
    Most regressed: Ese’ese (who?)
    Most improved: Fermor
    2022 Prediction: Forum meltdown over recruitment (and new captain)
    Biggest change needed: Forum to be team selection platform (and sign the Cheese).
    Observation: Pass a running Fifita the bloody ball.

Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Best moment: Fermor’s break down the left.
    Worst moment: Herbert’s flick pass to the touchie.
    Best player: Thompson (week in week out performances)
    Most regressed: Ese’ese (who?)
    Most improved: Fermor
    2022 Prediction: Forum meltdown over recruitment (and new captain)
    Biggest change needed: Forum to be team selection platform (and sign the Cheese).
    Observation: Pass a running Fifita the bloody ball.

Best Moment: Demolishing the Cowboys, Broncos and Knights in the first 5 rounds. For those few weeks it looked like we might live up to the hype

Worst Moment: Travelling all the way down from CQ to see us capitulate in the second half against the Rabbitohs when we had the game in the bag

Best Player: Tino. Yes he still makes too many mistakes but I dont think any other forward tried their guts out week in week out like he did. (Thompson was a close 2nd)

Most Regressed: (I would of given our defence the award if I could) For a good chunk of the season it was Brian Kelly. He was knocking on the blues team door in 2020 and looked like a top 5 centre in the game. Yes he had a few good games at the end of the season and if it wasnt for Herbert I would of never forgotten that held pass against the storm.

Most Improved: The Ferminator for sure. Will play origin next year my prediction. (Marzhew close 2nd. Went from QCup player to genuine NRL winger)

2022 Prediction: More of the same. We look like world beaters one week, Lose an easy game the next. It will all come down to our spine. If it turns out an AJ/Sexton/Turner/Fuller combo is the answer to our prayers we might go a few weeks deep in the finals but I think again the 8 is the pass mark. Fingers crossed for Hodgson. Very Keen to see JC next year. Also if Proctor is captain/starting 2nd rower next year we riot!!!

Biggest Change Needed: Best 17 need to be picked week in week out mainly though defence and silly errors need to be better but ive said that every week for the last 7 years.

Observation: Im still amazed how wrong the bunkers gets it, how bad the calls go against us against top sides and finally I dont get how "making the game faster" has improved the quality. The gap between the top 4 and the rest is only getting wider.
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 24-09-21 at 08:33 AM.

Good summary of our year by Lockyer and Wally.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/titans-...3-1ae60d477cee
    Psmitty

My observations;

Playing Ash Taylor or Peachey at 6 most of the year put us at a massive disadvantage in that position relative to other teams.

We obviously had a pretty poor hooker rotation - Rein is honest but below average. Boyd and Clarke aren't close to NRL standard.

Fogarty is limited but he did provide solid leadership IMO.

Herbert is an absolute train wreck defensively in the centres and we need an upgrade at right centre. Way too many mistakes and penalties in his game.

We completely lack mental resilience as a team and whenever the chips were down we folded like a deck of cards defensively.

Our defensive line speed was embarrassing at times. Hopefully Isaac Liu helps in this regard and my point above.

Brimson/Taylor/Fogarty/Rein was a bottom 4 spine in the NRL with Brimson the only one that is above average in his position.

Campbell/Brimson/Sexton/Booth?? is very inexperienced and risky but obviously has a lot more potential than our previous spine. We badly need another solid option at hooker, surely the club will work out another signing here. I'm not putting too much faith in a 26 year old with 6 NRL games to his name.

Jayden Campbell was an amazing find but needs to bulk up and work on the defensive side of his game.

Beau Fermor should be taking Proctor's starting spot, our most underrated player.

We need Greg Marzhew on the wing getting our sets off to a good start. Beast mode kick returns.

Quote Originally Posted by The Birdman View Post
    My observations;

Playing Ash Taylor or Peachey at 6 most of the year put us at a massive disadvantage in that position relative to other teams.

We obviously had a pretty poor hooker rotation - Rein is honest but below average. Boyd and Clarke aren't close to NRL standard.

Fogarty is limited but he did provide solid leadership IMO.

Herbert is an absolute train wreck defensively in the centres and we need an upgrade at right centre. Way too many mistakes and penalties in his game.

We completely lack mental resilience as a team and whenever the chips were down we folded like a deck of cards defensively.

Our defensive line speed was embarrassing at times. Hopefully Isaac Liu helps in this regard and my point above.

Brimson/Taylor/Fogarty/Rein was a bottom 4 spine in the NRL with Brimson the only one that is above average in his position.

Campbell/Brimson/Sexton/Booth?? is very inexperienced and risky but obviously has a lot more potential than our previous spine. We badly need another solid option at hooker, surely the club will work out another signing here. I'm not putting too much faith in a 26 year old with 6 NRL games to his name.

Jayden Campbell was an amazing find but needs to bulk up and work on the defensive side of his game.

Beau Fermor should be taking Proctor's starting spot, our most underrated player.

We need Greg Marzhew on the wing getting our sets off to a good start. Beast mode kick returns.
    this is a take i've seen in one other place only - the almighty fb fan group lol

Sorry mate but if you think Herb is a liability on that edge, I couldn't disagree more. His 3 & 4 man are dictating his D movements most of the time but in general he is a very good defensive centre. Made an error that everyone will remember in that final game but for most of the season he was our best centre - on attack & defence.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 01-10-21 at 10:40 AM.

Inactive User

I’m all in for Herbert. The very highlighted crucial moment error might be the making of him.

Herbert solid as a rock and harder than one when running it back.

Fermor goes alright ay?

GM 4 Sami any day of the week

JC putting on bulk may negate his agility. Needs to swap in and out with Brimson during attack and defence. He struggles with his on the line defence.

Fermy will play origin one day

The recent update on the Titans website has Klint Hoare speaking a bit about JC putting on some weight: https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...in-pre-season/

I’m still wrestling with the makeup of our spine but surely Thompson/Kelly - Herbert/Marzhew are a lock-in. I agree Campbell needs to gain size but in the sense of strength rather than bulk. His courage is undeniable but his defensive technique needs more work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    this is a take i've seen in one other place only - the almighty fb fan group lol

Sorry mate but if you think Herb is a liability on that edge, I couldn't disagree more. His 3 & 4 man are dictating his D movements most of the time but in general he is a very good defensive centre. Made an error that everyone will remember in that final game but for most of the season he was our best centre - on attack & defence.
    Lol fair enough but I watched him overslide on a few occasions when playing inside of Marzhew and think he tends to leave his winger out to dry at times.

Maybe my view of him is tainted as he seemed to have a love affair at the start of the year with kicking it out on the full off kick offs. I agree he goes well with the ball in hand but I don't rate him that highly defensively.

I feel our defensive reads have a lot to do with FB … admittedly there was more incentive towards the end of season but our shape was a lot better with JC at the back

Some top moments of 2021. We have 3 on the list with one being something we would rather forget.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...f11ed22448f9f4
    Psmitty

CLUB NEWS
    Titans break off-field records in 2021
    Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Tue 12 Oct 2021, 11:30 PM
    Share on social media

The Gold Coast Titans have set off-field records in what has been a hugely successful season for the club.

On-field as the Titans returned to the NRL finals, off-field the Titans Legion grew to record levels.

2021 saw the club boast the most Members in it’s short history, eclipsing the large numbers of Members that had signed up in the initial seasons for the club over 15 years ago. The off-field support from passionate Members, joined with Titans fans made the atmosphere at Cbus Super Stadium electric. Ticket sales also increased through 2021, with the Titans seeing a 42% increase in sales on previous seasons.

While stadium numbers rose, so too did the at-home viewership.

There was 80% year-on-year growth in the Titans’ cumulative audience, which was the fastest growth rate of any club in the NRL Premiership. This was the second fastest growth rate of any club from any football code, behind only the AFL Premiership winning Melbourne Demons.

The Titans had the highest cumulative audience since the 2017 season.

With homegrown Origin stars like Moeaki Fotuaika and AJ Brimson who have developed through the Junior Titans System and headline acts in David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, the Titans were rewarded with an increase in free-to-air games in 2021.

The growth was also felt across the Titans digital channels.

On Instagram alone, the Titans growth over the past 12 months only sits behind the last two NRL Premiers in Melbourne and Penrith. The Titans have seen a huge growth rate (30.92%) on this platform alone over the past year.

It’s a similar story on total growth across social media, with the Titans overall growth of 10.94% (across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) again sitting behind only Penrith and Melbourne respectively.

Commercially the Gold Coast Titans continue to grow into financial Titans, with the club bringing on board a number of new partners over the past 12-months.

MyPayNow, Evolve Legal, Bosh Bins, Corpsure, Griffith University, Lauxes Grates and Coral Homes all joined the Club over the past season.

The Titans have established a strong portfolio of local brands who, like the Titans, are building a national presence from their home on the Gold Coast.

In an historic moment for the club, 2021 has also seen the Titans join the NRLW competition which means there is now an elite pathway for female rugby league players on the Coast.

Marsden State High School joined Keebra Park State High and Palm Beach Currumbin State High in signing a MOU with the Titans, ensuring the NRL Club and the regions elite sporting schools work together to ensure that talented local juniors have a pathway to the NRL or NRLW competitions.

Jayden Campbell became a second generation Titan in 2021, with his NRL debuting ensuring that he joined his father Preston in the Gold Coast history books.

The Junior Titans System is ensuring that future stars like Campbell, Brimson or Fotuaika will emerge and in 2021 the Titans had three players (Tom Weaver, Ryan Foran and Jack Cullen) named in the Australian Schoolboys side.

The Titans Schools League saw phenomenal growth, with a record number of teams taking part in 2021. That included over 100 teams from 25 schools competing for this year’s trophies.

Our Leagueability programs (physical and intellectual disability rugby league) continue to grow, as we ensure that rugby league is truly a game for everyone on the Coast.

We’re here to make our communities proud, to inspire them with energy and unite them through success.

We’re determined to bring premierships to the Coast.

We’re building for success.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

How good and the at home viewers will bolster our chance at decent timeslots.

It's a great bounce-back from the Hayne Pain days.