Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Also I noticed no Ash Taylor in the team photo for Donny and he didn't seem to be on the bench watching either. Might be wrong but looks like there has been a falling out.
    Removed. Due to the fact he did actually attend.
    Last edited by Boonarga; 06-09-21 at 07:28 AM.

Banned

He can't watch due to covid

Inactive User

Just watched the game after a day from hell.
    Was that great.
    Our win loss record is abysmal but there we are in the 8.
    I’m astonished.
    Anyway I think we will lose Fogarty but we have Sexton so that’s not that bad.
    Some people saying we might lose Wallace, I really don’t think that will happen, I didn’t see him really do anything you get a suspension for, maybe he will get a fine.
    Same with Rein he will be clear.
    AJ said in a recent interview he’d be right for the 2nd week of the finals so not expecting him to play.
    How good seeing New York Lodge absolutely lose his composure today.
    That was glorious.
    Ok…keep polishing.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 05-09-21 at 09:48 PM.

NRL 2021: Titans v Warriors: Gold Coast cruise into finals showdown with Roosters on back of huge win
    So much for the tension! Needing to beat the Warriors by at least 12 points to make the finals for the first time in five years, Gold Coast had their date with the Roosters sewn up nice and early.

The Titans needed just 12 points to book a spot in the finals - instead they scored their biggest win in club history to ensure they played September footy for the first time since 2016.

It was a must-win clash for the Titans to leapfrog Cronulla and Canberra scrape into eighth spot, and in front of 12,532 fans at Cbus Super Stadium, they did just that.

It took just 20 minutes for the Titans to make up the 12-point deficit needed to make the eight and not even a late shower could dampen the Gold Coast’s spirits as they ran away 44-point victors.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook was left overjoyed at making finals footy after falling short last year.

“It feels terrific,” Holbrook said.

“Coming down to the last game was always going to be nerve-wracking for everybody but just to be in the finals is exciting for the players, all the staff and everyone at our club.

“We finished ninth last year and wanted to make the finals and we’ve done it now.”

Much of the attention leading into Sunday’s match was on big man David Fifita and his impact off the bench, but his 16th and 17th tries prove it’s a tactic which can work.

His two tries were by no means barnstorming, tackle-breaking efforts but his fresh legs allowed him to make the most of his opportunities in the 35th and 45th minutes.

Fifita has also surpassed the Gold Coast’s season club record, currently held by David Mead (2011) and James Roberts (2015) and now boasts the most tries by a forward in a season since Manly’s Steve Menzies scored 20 in the 1998 season.

The Titans also broke another record on Sunday when they posted a new club record for most points in a season, passing the 554 they scored in 2010.

Their victory over the Warriors was the club’s biggest win ever – surpassing their previous highest win of 38 points.

SON OF A GUN

The Titans might have talent across the park but the razzle-dazzle footy from fullback Jayden Campbell offers the Gold Coast a point of difference this finals series.

Many pundits believe it’s a two-horse race between Melbourne and Penrith for the premiership but the livewire, ad-lib footy from Campbell could cause an upset or two.

The youngster scored a clever try in the seventh minute after putting in a grubber close to the line for the first points of the match.

He finished the match with 222 running metres, one try assist and eight tackle busts.

TENSIONS BOILOVER

With nothing left to play for in 2021, the Warriors threw all care out the window in the latter stages of the match, which saw four players sent from the field in two separate incidents.

Jazz Tevaga was the first to be sin-binned when a melee broke out close to the Titans line before Matt Lodge put on a late hit on Tyrone Peachey which sparked another brawl.

Lodge, Kane Evans and Gold Coast’s Jarrod Wallace were all sent from the field for throwing punches in a heated finale to the game.

The crowd made sure to let Lodge know of their dislike for the Warriors forward, who in turn replied to their chorus of boos by flipping them the bird.

Warriors coach Nathan Brown labelled his side’s performance and behaviour on the field as “unacceptable” and a disappointing way to end the season.

“For the last two years, a lot of people (at the club) made a lot of sacrifices - a lot more than anyone else in the game - and I feel we held a pretty good accountability of ourselves, but today we had players that took shortcuts and then our behaviour on the field was not acceptable,” Brown said.

“A lot of hard work, even by those boys out there, has come tumbling down.

“Now years of sacrifice and hard work, to finish the last game in a manner that’s not acceptable and as head coach you’ve got to take the brunt of that responsibility.

“I’m not going to single anyone out.

“Our behaviour was not to the level it should be and I feel it was disappointing but today aside, I commend the boys for the sacrifices they’ve made.”

NERVOUS WAIT

The Titans face a nervous wait with the NRL Judiciary this week with Mitch Rein and Jamal Fogarty placed on report for separate incidents in Sunday’s game.

Rein was put on report for making dangerous contact with the legs of New Zealand’s Reece Walsh, while Fogarty was caught lifting in a dangerous position while making a tackle.

To win like that with the pressure of what they had on the line, and in front of that crowd at our home ground, was just so good. One of the most memorable games in recent history.

Enjoy this one boys. Been a wild year.

Scotch & beautiful city etc.

It certainly was a great game and to be there in that crowd was one of the best feelings I have had as a Titans fan since I don't know how long. I don't know where this crowd has been but I'm sure we outnumbered the Warriors fans for once, or at least it sounded like it and the boys seemed to thrive on it. The standing ovation and cheering from the crowd for the Don walking around prior to the game was one I won't forget, even the Warriors fans joined in. I am just so proud to be a Titans fan tonight and to top off a great day I won one of the Neon Lights jerseys as well. Now on to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Also I noticed no Ash Taylor in the team photo for Donny and he didn't seem to be on the bench watching either. Might be wrong but looks like there has been a falling out.
    He was on the bench. I saw him take a seat as the 2nd half started.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    It certainly was a great game and to be there in that crowd was one of the best feelings I have had as a Titans fan since I don't know how long. I don't know where this crowd has been but I'm sure we outnumbered the Warriors fans for once, or at least it sounded like it and the boys seemed to thrive on it. The standing ovation and cheering from the crowd for the Don walking around prior to the game was one I won't forget, even the Warriors fans joined in. I am just so proud to be a Titans fan tonight and to top off a great day I won one of the Neon Lights jerseys as well. Now on to next week.
    A mate won the NEDS box which entitled him to attempt to catch the bombs at half time. He failed miserably (as bad as me) but NEDS had 2 signed Framed Titans jerseys they had left over. They didn’t know what to do with them so they gave one to him and the 2nd one to the other guy.

Made the TV. Here is a photo of me telling Lodge that he needs to seek professional help for his demons. While my lovely wife sits quietly beside me wondering if she should book me in for help too.

hahaha that is legendary JB. I remember seeing you watching it live. How good.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Made the TV. Here is a photo of me telling Lodge that he needs to seek professional help for his demons. While my lovely wife sits quietly beside me wondering if she should book me in for help too.

OMG that is fantastic. Frame that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Hahahahaha that is amazing

Hey JB have you accepted his heartfelt apology? Nearly teared up lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Did anyone notice lodge not seeming to be best mates with Fifita? It seemed similar to earlier I the year as well when we played the broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Hey JB have you accepted his heartfelt apology? Nearly teared up lol.
    I did read it. In all seriousness he hasn't received the help he needs so badly that got him so much trouble in NY. That's the worst part is he genuinely has issues that need fixing and 2 or 3 years later he doesn't appear to be closer to resolving them.

You’re probably right but I’ll add that his chosen vocation isn’t exactly the environment for dealing with those issues.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.