Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy1 View Post
    Nope, next guess
    Do you already have the answer?

Yes, but unfortunately, I can't tell!

Inactive User

Hmmmm Sexton to 5/8, Fifita to start at 2nd row, Peachey to lock and Tino back to the bench.

McIntyre. I'd be surprised if he runs Tino on an edge.

I’ve had a look at our record against the warriors and it’s very poor. Warriors have won 18-8 games against us. That doesn’t seem to bad but we went on a win streak of 6 games from 2008-2010. So that means we have only won 2 games since then which is 11 years!
    We have met them once in a final and we won that so considering this is a finals type game for us hopefully we will be ok.

We haven't won a game with Fogarty at halfback since round 16 against the Raiders. That was also when Ash played his best game in years.

I'm just not confident we can win against anyone with this overstructured robot in the 7 jersey that has zero ability to play what's in front of him. Plus his goalkicking has been terrible which is going to be important when we're needing to win by 12+.

Sorry to sound negative guys but I think the Warriors at CBUS (their second home ground) will be playing some fast and loose football with nothing to lose to ice the season off. On the other hand I can see us going into that slow, conservative, grind with a 9/6/7 that don't offer enough to trouble the opposition. Could be a rough afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We haven't won a game with Fogarty at halfback since round 16 against the Raiders. That was also when Ash played his best game in years.

I'm just not confident we can win against anyone with this overstructured robot in the 7 jersey that has zero ability to play what's in front of him. Plus his goalkicking has been terrible which is going to be important when we're needing to win by 12+.

Sorry to sound negative guys but I think the Warriors at CBUS (their second home ground) will be playing some fast and loose football with nothing to lose to ice the season off. On the other hand I can see us going into that slow, conservative, grind with a 9/6/7 that don't offer enough to trouble the opposition. Could be a rough afternoon.
    Absolutely agree with all of that, but on the other hand, at last we have a final round game that means something. It will have a different feel knowing that we have to win and by a margin to play finals. Most of our final round games in past years have been to determine whether we finish 13th, 14th etc., so at least this is a step up from that. I'll be really interested to see how the guys approach this one.

Safe to say this game is a mini GF. Hopefully we have to get the polish out.
    Psmitty

Also agree with all the desperation around our ineffective spine and absurd rotation but am looking forward to this game immensely. I just can’t reconcile how we have gone from an excitement machine to a bunch of plodders and our leaders seem to be blind to it. We are relying on two underperforming unsigned players in critical positions, a clueless half and a lightweight rookie fb … must be some kind of record.
    Last edited by Titanic; 04-09-21 at 10:06 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Weather will likely play a part in the ability to score points with a 50% chance of rain with field position going to be absolute paramount

It is good that it is completely In our control, gonna have to answer a lot of tough questions if we blow this tomorrow

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Safe to say this game is a mini GF. Hopefully we have to get the polish out.
    Ok I better deal with this.
    1-I do believe I’m the mini GF man here. I can’t bring myself to call this a mini GF with our win/loss record. They have an assignment to execute.
    2-the polishing of the turd had been going on around here for about 5 weeks now. Even after 3 losses in a row which is just disgraceful it’s still being polished.

In regards to tomorrow’s game I can see a scenario where we are up by 10 and Fogs misses a pretty easy conversion late in the game.

If the team photo thanking Anthony Don is anything to go by, I think that might be the 19 man squad. Marzhew and KP aren't in it.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    If the team photo thanking Anthony Don is anything to go by, I think that might be the 19 man squad. Marzhew and KP aren't in it.
    So Lisone, Sexton and Don are in the final 19 then.
    Given what coxy said the other day I’m envisaging a halves pairing of Sexton/Fogarty, Peachey Lock and Fifita starting.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 04-09-21 at 01:14 PM.

Even though its been quite a turbulent year I feel the boys have worked hard and have laid a good enough platform to get the job done for this game (would love to see us go to another level if that’s possible)?
    Anyway pretty exciting really to be playing a final basically…we just have a handicap of 11 that’s all.
    I for one am looking forward to taking the family to the game for fathers day and with a little bit of luck we should be giggling all the way home and planning the trip to take on the Chooks next week (we'd be right in this game to).