Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Would you prefer a Don farewell or a finals berth? Bring back GM. Put Don in the 19 jersey. If It is impossible for us to make the right after the earlier results then play him. If we are still a chance, GM’s metres from our own half trump anything either Sami or Don can provide.
    I think the motivation of a Don Farewell for players/fans would increase our chances of a win regardless of selections if there was still a Mathematical Chance of a finals berth. It’s a win/win.

Inactive User

No support yet but anyway…..
    #TheDonFarewell

How come this community and media gets more around a farewell for Thurston than its own home grown loyal hero???

Inactive User

Cronulla and Canberra won
    #TheDonFarewell

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Cronulla and Canberra won
    #TheDonFarewell
    We must play our best side while ever we have a finals chance.
    Geez Bods, if I wanted to get nagged I'd have stayed married.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We must play our best side while ever we have a finals chance.
    Geez Bods, if I wanted to get nagged I'd have stayed married.
    The way it will motivate the very flat playing squad and fans will give greater value to our chances of winning than picking the best two wingers.
    He’s no scrub anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    How many times did we change our halves this year
    Tanah Boyd,
    Sexton,
    Fogarty,
    Taylor,
    Peachey

We need stability.
    Are we the next West Tigers
    That being said should we give the fogarty sexton combo a go this game? A move to 6 for Fogarty might work. Doesn't matter too much now but here are some highlights of him on our left side: https://streamable.com/d08vga

Also just a quick note, I read a similar comment somewhere about us giving too much ball to Fifita too close to the sideline. I too think we should turn the ball under to Fifita more as seen in that clip in the game against the bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by TitansState View Post
    That being said should we give the fogarty sexton combo a go this game? A move to 6 for Fogarty might work.
    Why are we persisting with Fogarty. He hasn't got it and will never have it. You can add Tanah Boyd and Ash to that list. The jury is out on Sexton for me as he was so so in his few games, but happy to see if he develops.

Why are we persisting with Fogarty. He hasn't got it and will never have it. You can add Tanah Boyd and Ash to that list. The jury is out on Sexton for me as he was so so in his few games, but happy to see if he develops.
    I think if we find an NRL quality 5/8 Fogarty will work out. But Sexton has it over him in saying that though.

I was talking about this game only but who knows what our halves will be next year. Imo I see Sexton at 7, with Aj or Turner at 6 going forward. Curious to see what Holbrook does this game though.

Banned

You know what annoyed me
    Newcastle had Klemmer and Saifiti
    There starting props and we lost to them
    Imagine if we had Jarrod Wallace and Tino out we would lose heaps

QLD Cup

It’s going to be interesting to see the team that Holbrook names this week. Taylor deserved to bedropped after his performance against the Storm but our attack looked a lot better with him in the side and Peachey roving in the middle. I can’t see Holbrook dropping Fogarty but Peachey at 6 stifled our attack and we will need to score points. Fafita has to start as well.

If we are still in the equation when we play, I’d like us to get back to the all out attack style that we played with earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    It’s going to be interesting to see the team that Holbrook names this week. Taylor deserved to bedropped after his performance against the Storm but our attack looked a lot better with him in the side and Peachey roving in the middle. I can’t see Holbrook dropping Fogarty but Peachey at 6 stifled our attack and we will need to score points. Fafita has to start as well.

If we are still in the equation when we play, I’d like us to get back to the all out attack style that we played with earlier in the season.
    He'll name the same team as last week is my guess.

QLD Cup

Yip, that’s my prediction also JB.

Inactive User

Titans website now saying Taylor didn’t play last week due to injury

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Titans website now saying Taylor didn’t play last week due to injury
    Didn't Holbrook flat out say he wasn't picked because he hadn't been playing well?

Souns like some spin to do exactly what I anticipated - drop him, then realise he's actually still the best option, then have to recall him and save face