Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Just assume the Titans make the 8 and play Manly in the first week and through injury they are without DCE and Tommy T. Would the Titans be a chance in that game? Absolutely they would even though that is unlikely to happen. It certainly won't happen if you don't give yourselves the chance to be there.
    If it it did happen I can see people saying the Titans were lucky to get to week two of the finals.
    My point is put ourselves in the position to maximise any opportunities. It's better than the players sitting on their bums at the beach.
    We could win the minor premiership and GF day and some commentators would say we were lucky.

GT101 I could argue that the teams that are south of the border would all be in lock down so their mental health would be in a much worse place than being fortunate enough to have the freedoms they are enjoying in QLD at the moment.

And also by being in camp gives them an unfair advantage in bonding and preparation over our softies going home every night. The argument about being away from families working doesn’t fly for me because I’ve been isolated from my family for work by the virus for over a year.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Just assume the Titans make the 8 and play Manly in the first week and through injury they are without DCE and Tommy T. Would the Titans be a chance in that game? Absolutely they would even though that is unlikely to happen. It certainly won't happen if you don't give yourselves the chance to be there.
    If it it did happen I can see people saying the Titans were lucky to get to week two of the finals.
    My point is put ourselves in the position to maximise any opportunities. It's better than the players sitting on their bums at the beach.
    If we can sort out our 6 I'd give us a chance either way

Now for and against means diddly squat, so for the doom & gloom fraternity: ice your beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Now for and against means diddly squat, so for the doom & gloom fraternity: ice your beers.
    Must win both and hope Melbourne doesn't rest their players in the last round.

Out of the 8 again. Must win 2/2 games and hope the Sharks drop a game in the next 2 weeks.

PS. Titanic & JB: Valid points that I just can't agree with, it's not just the family/bonding aspect but not being able to play at your home ground either. It's called a home ground advantage for a reason. Just saying. We've been pretty damn lucky to be given the luxury of playing in SEQ for the past few months, many of those games at home.

Like I said, I take your points. Don't really appreciate the name-calling of a certain member but pretty used to it by now.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-08-21 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    If we can sort out our 6 I'd give us a chance either way
    You may well be right Rav but there is no one in our squad that can sort out our 6. Every option in 6,7,9 is a dud, perhaps with the exception of Sexton. And that is a perhaps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    For and against will still be important as the difference between us and the Sharks is only 14. We just need to win firstly, and then by as many as possible. I'd say based on past seasons the Storm will rest blokes for sure in the last round as will the Panthers and Souths.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Out of the 8 again. Must win 2/2 games and hope the Sharks drop a game in the next 2 weeks.

PS. Titanic & JB: Valid points that I just can't agree with, it's not just the family/bonding aspect but not being able to play at your home ground either. It's called a home ground advantage for a reason. Just saying. We've been pretty damn lucky to be given the luxury of playing in SEQ for the past few months, many of those games at home.

Like I said, I take your points. Don't really appreciate the name-calling of a certain member but pretty used to it by now.
    Mebourne won a comp being based out of Sunny Coast for most of the season. Some coaches say it actually gives the team some advantages because it focuses the group among other things.

How many extra home games did we actually get at CBUS? Keeping in mind we lost a home game early in the season v Canberra. My count has 2 so far - Dragons and Bunnies. Both of which I think were unsurprising results regardless of where we played. We’ll get 1 extra next Thursday v Newcastle. Which is yet to happen.

I think you’re overestimating the advantage we have maybe because you’re listening to some of the (mainly Fox) media commentators going on about, but I think it’s largely overstated. If the other teams were in that much of a disadvantage you’d see the quality football drop across the comp, which hasn’t happened.

Edited bc I can’t count
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 21-08-21 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

How many extra home games did we actually get at CBUS? Keeping in mind we lost a home game early in the season v Canberra. My count has 2 so far - Dragons and Bunnies. Both which I think were unsurprising results regardless of where we played. We’ll get 1 extra next Thursday v Newcastle. Which is yet to happen.
    Our game v Knights is on the Sunny Coast so we dont even get that.

Mebourne won a comp being based out of Sunny Coast for most of the season. Some coaches say it actually gives the team some advantages because it focuses the group among other things.

How many extra home games did we actually get at CBUS? Keeping in mind we lost a home game early in the season v Canberra. My count has 2 so far - Dragons and Bunnies. Both of which I think were unsurprising results regardless of where we played. We’ll get 1 extra next Thursday v Newcastle. Which is yet to happen.

I think you’re overestimating the advantage we have maybe because you’re listening to some of the (mainly Fox) media commentators going on about, but I think it’s largely overstated. If the other teams were in that much of a disadvantage you’d see the quality football drop across the comp, which hasn’t happened.

Edited bc I can’t count
    Fair fair fair. You've hit me with dem facts. Can't really argue any of them. I've noticed Fox indeed do everything in their power to always paint us in a bad light, from their play-by-play commentators to game analysis commentary. They absolutely adore the mob up the road though.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-08-21 at 06:46 PM.

Rep Player

I haven’t called you any names. Not today, anyway.

I've noticed Fox indeed do everything in their power to always paint us in a bad light, from their play-by-play commentators to game analysis commentary.
    How they said we nearly beat them (Storm) earlier in the year but it was "Origin affected". Yea but we gave up a heap of players too. Brimson. Mo. Fifita. Tino.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    How they said we nearly beat them (Storm) earlier in the year but it was "Origin affected". Yea but we gave up a heap of players too. Brimson. Mo. Fifita. Tino.
    I know. I was like wtf?!

The underdog nature of our club is one reason I support it. I like to settle scores.

But it's damn annoying at times.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Edited bc I can’t count
    Take off your shoes :-)