Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Swapping Sexton for Fogarty I’m actually ok with. Halfback is a tough position and I suspect Holbrook is trying to ease Sexton into first grade rather than throwing him in the deep end in pressure games and potentially breaking him like Tom Dearden. I just read on reddit that Dearden has lost his last 25 games as starting halfback. I’ve no doubt the poor kid’s confidence is shot after that and I’d hate to see the same thing happen to Sexton.

Dropping Marzhew for Sami I cannot understand unless it’s because of an injury. Not only is Marzhew clearly the better player, but we now have two left side wingers in Sami and Thompson.

Letting him play after two wins then dropping him after an inevitable loss would be more of a confidence killer IMO. He had a great 1st game and was on cloud 9 and didn't want to go back, nek minut, captain pedestrian comes back and he's goooone

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    "I've only picked the best side to play this weekend". Come on mate. Sami is barely first grade material.

That would be one of the rudest melons I think I’ve ever seen

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What are you on about mate? Those melons look pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    This is that toxic masculinity they tell you to teach your kids about.

Inactive User

Start off by dealing with racist posts first. That should be an absolute at our club and within our fan culture.

Rep Player

Don’t worry, I’m getting him started young.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Start off by dealing with racist posts first. That should be an absolute at our club and within our fan culture.
    Don’t worry, I’m getting him started young.
    One upon a time, far far away in a sunburned land, where men were called men and women rang the bell for dinner, small children would sit around the fire before bedtime and listen in awe to stories of wondrous deeds. Times have changed and the fires have died and turned to stale Ash ... but somethings haven't and for certain a good melon, or two, is still a thing of wonder.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Sami has been firing at training?? Marzhew has been firing on the field where it counts you dipsh*t Justin! I remember will Zillman was a great trainer too…didn’t amount to much on the field. This better be 4D chess and Marzhew comes in before game time as Sami has played plenty of games but it’s been a long time since his last good one. Poor message sent to players. Only good trainers get spots not those who are performing when it counts..that will do me

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    One upon a time, far far away in a sunburned land, where men were called men and women rang the bell for dinner, small children would sit around the fire before bedtime and listen in awe to stories of wondrous deeds. Times have changed and the fires have died and turned to stale Ash ... but somethings haven't and for certain a good melon, or two, is still a thing of wonder.
    I remember a time when the differently abled blokes would at least have a go at joining in on the banter. These days, they remind me of the evangelical street preachers who would perch atop their soapbox to harangue passersby to repent for their sins. It’s a real shame what’s happened. Game’s gone soft but I think we can still save her.

I think it's a case of comparing melons with melons.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Sami has been firing at training?? Marzhew has been firing on the field where it counts you dipsh*t Justin! I remember will Zillman was a great trainer too…didn’t amount to much on the field. This better be 4D chess and Marzhew comes in before game time as Sami has played plenty of games but it’s been a long time since his last good one. Poor message sent to players. Only good trainers get spots not those who are performing when it counts..that will do me
    In fairness I think if there is any message it’s simply that he’s going with experience for a big game. The training comment was just an add-on. I don’t agree with the selection at all but I don’t think it’s Zillman levels

I remember a time when the differently abled blokes would at least have a go at joining in on the banter. These days, they remind me of the evangelical street preachers who would perch atop their soapbox to harangue passersby to repent for their sins. It’s a real shame what’s happened. Game’s gone soft but I think we can still save her.
    We used to own slaves and burn women for being witches too. Guess times change. But if you honestly think that what you said about the lady above and have said regarding Mitchell is OK in this day and age then it is you who has the problem.