Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

And my turn:

1. The game:
    (a) I had the impression that our left side was constipated in attack. The early try came off Fermor’s fend and any back line play was shut down or ineffective. Our other try came from Fifita’s strength. With only Fogarty kicking we were predictable. Summary, Peachey was a bust.
    (b) Sami scored a try all of us could have scored and certainly Thompson but the latter’s step was nullified by being on the right and we lost Marzhew’s efforts . Summary: Sami was a bust.
    (c) Fifita was underused game wise and imho on the wrong edge. Fermor is going well but he’s not Fifita. Ditto for Mo. Summary: rotation is a bust.
    (d) Both our captains are courageous and enthusiastic but largely ineffective. Summary: the team’s onfield brains trust is a bust.
    (e) Rein and Clarke both have passing deficiencies and put the team under pressure nearly every ruck. Summary: our hookers are a bust.
    (f) Our line speed is atrocious whether it’s because of fitness, structure, motivation or a combination of all of that. Summary: our defensive system is a bust.

2. The club issues:
    (a) Something is off in the playing group, whether it be angst among the playing group or coaching/selection issues but there is something publicly unsaid. The coach’s reasoning for team changes was too illogical. His taking the hit has to be covering something larger.
    (b) Retention and recruitment seems to be progressing considering who’s been in the market. We haven’t missed anybody I’d really want and we’ve signed those I’d want to retain with the exception of both our captains who in fairness are depth at best. Yes we need a good 9 but not a mediocre one.
    (c) I feel the administration’s done a pretty good job throughout the covid period which I’m sure hasn’t been easy.

3. My personal issue:
    I am bitterly disappointed and deflated, not in losing but in the manner that we lost. I never once last night thought we had the gas to win. The commentators did their best to talk up our attack but we were clunky and disjointed. The players tried hard but they weren’t a team.
    Last edited by Titanic; 27-08-21 at 12:28 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Tell us how ya really feel JB
    At least you only have to put up with my rants if you want to. Imagine living with me.

Some aspects that we get to see disappoint me. Sending Mal and Anthony as legal reps for judiciary hearings is amateurish.

Translating community connectivity to memberships, not seeing it. What I do see is the circle of people I see who were starting to see the Titans as their second team are now backing away back into the shadows after another subpar season.

If not the worst thing is now I have to barrack for the Donkeys for a win against the Sharks.

I’m sure that I’ll be told I’m wrong but I feel that there is a big disconnect between hooker and half when Clarke goes on. Hopefully Booth gets the gong next year. But agree with most. We need to settle our spine as it doesn’t matter we have DF , Tino etc if we can’t get into the right spots to keep the game plan going.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    At least you only have to put up with my rants if you want to. Imagine living with me.

Some aspects that we get to see disappoint me. Sending Mal and Anthony as legal reps for judiciary hearings is amateurish.

Translating community connectivity to memberships, not seeing it. What I do see is the circle of people I see who were starting to see the Titans as their second team are now backing away back into the shadows after another subpar season.

If not the worst thing is now I have to barrack for the Donkeys for a win against the Sharks.
    Lol that judiciary representation gag was peak Titans, just so bad. Made for good forum jokes though. Bodsy almost went viral

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I’m sure that I’ll be told I’m wrong but I feel that there is a big disconnect between hooker and half when Clarke goes on. Hopefully Booth gets the gong next year. But agree with most. We need to settle our spine as it doesn’t matter we have DF , Tino etc if we can’t get into the right spots to keep the game plan going.
    I reckon you're right BT. Could just be me but I get the feeling a few of them get frustrated playing with Fogarty. Fifita for example who was almost over-complimentary of Sexton after the first time playing outside him

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    And my turn:

1. The game:
    (a) I had the impression that our left side was constipated in attack. The early try came off Fermor’s fend and any back line play was shut down or ineffective. Our other try came from Fifita’s strength. With only Fogarty kicking we were predictable. Summary, Peachey was a bust.
    (b) Sami scored a try all of us could have scored and certainly Thompson but the latter’s step was nullified by being on the right and we lost Marzhew’s efforts . Summary: Sami was a bust.
    (c) Fifita was underused game wise and imho on the wrong edge. Fermor is going well but he’s not Fifita. Ditto for Mo. Summary: rotation is a bust.
    (d) Both our captains are courageous and enthusiastic but largely ineffective. Summary: the team’s onfield brains trust is a bust.
    (e) Rein and Clarke both have passing deficiencies and put the team under pressure nearly every ruck. Summary: our hookers are a bust.
    (f) Our line speed is atrocious whether it’s because of fitness, structure, motivation or a combination of all of that. Summary: our defensive system is a bust.

2. The club issues:
    (a) Something is off in the playing group, whether it be angst among the playing group or coaching/selection issues but there is something publicly unsaid. The coach’s reasoning for team changes was too illogical. His taking the hit has to be covering something larger.
    (b) Retention and recruitment seems to be progressing considering who’s been in the market. We haven’t missed anybody I’d really want and we’ve signed those I’d want to retain with the exception of both our captains who in fairness are depth at best. Yes we need a good 9 but not a mediocre one.
    (c) I feel the administration’s done a pretty good job throughout the covid period which I’m sure hasn’t been easy.

3. My personal issue:
    I am bitterly disappointed and deflated, not in losing but in the manner that we lost. I never once last night thought we had the gas to win. The commentators did their best to talk up our attack but we were clunky and disjointed. The players tried hard but they weren’t a team.
    I agree with every single word of this post. Well said Titanic

Well as depressed as I was about last night , at least we had a crack in our must win game unlike the Raiders who are down 16-0. Never thought I’d say it but up the Broncos tomorrow!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Well as depressed as I was about last night , at least we had a crack in our must win game unlike the Raiders who are down 16-0. Never thought I’d say it but up the Broncos tomorrow!
    The curse is on

I wasn’t happy with the selections of fogarty and Sami but overall they played well. Sami ran with intent and overall when he has been playing I think he has improved the last few months. Obviously I would prefer marzhew but Sami played ok. Also fogarty was under enormous pressure on his kicks, being the only option, but kicked really well.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    You just finished us off Hanging.

Well **** me that aged well, sorry gang

Just my thoughts on what we missed. We really needed another kicking half peachey I honestly don’t think is nrl quality at the moment. Very lazy in defence and hasn’t looked like improving all season in that area. Another note is I’d love to get rid of Wallace he plays like Dave Taylor and thinks he’s a 5/8. Hope Liu takes his jersey and shows him what a front rower is meant to do. If you take those two players out of the side we cut out at least 2 sloppy penalties a game. Another thing is with Fifita on the bench and bringing proctor off you waste a bench spot because proctor doesn’t come back on, I’d rather Lisone on there and come on to keep the energy going. Too late now but I think sexton and Fogarty would have been the better choice. Geez I hope we can find a quality Hooker also because at the moment we’ve got 2 q cup quality hookers.

Latrell is a piece of crap. Almost took Manu's head off tonight with a dangerous swinging arm. Should be gone for the season but have a feeling the NRL will go easy because it's almost finals time. Manu wasn't happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Latrell is a piece of crap. Almost took Manu's head off tonight with a dangerous swinging arm. Should be gone for the season but have a feeling the NRL will go easy because it's almost finals time. Manu wasn't happy.
    I was disturbed by his lack of compassion towards manu who is his friend. Latrell really gets white line fever and does some dodgy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    6-9 weeks. So that is deserved off the field however he should have been sent off last night, not 10 in the bin. The whole kicking out at the tackle hasn't been addressed so I guess it's just bad luck if you cop one in the head (until a Titan does it).

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    6-9 weeks. So that is deserved off the field however he should have been sent off last night, not 10 in the bin. The whole kicking out at the tackle hasn't been addressed so I guess it's just bad luck if you cop one in the head (until a Titan does it).
    Still filthy. When he kicked AJ in the head he was not doing a motion you do to get on your knees and rise to your feet.
    He simply lashed out his feet into his jaw with no intention of playing the ball.

But as you say AJ is just a GC player.