Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Trying to identify which players improved this year over last- Mo, Fermor and Joliffe are the only ones I can confidently say.
    But for the ones who have declined- Kelly (big time) Sami, Taylor, Clark, Boyd ( where has he gone), Proctor, Peachey…??
    A season that never really got going.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 23 and we still not settled on starting 9 and halves, sort of answers why we had the season we had.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    Trying to identify which players improved this year over last- Mo, Fermor and Joliffe are the only ones I can confidently say.
    But for the ones who have declined- Kelly (big time) Sami, Taylor, Clark, Boyd ( where has he gone), Proctor, Peachey…??
    A season that never really got going.

- - - Updated - - -

Round 23 and we still not settled on starting 9 and halves, sort of answers why we had the season we had.
    Sort of answers why Holbrook just does not pass the test as he has had the same players for 2 years , who continue to show the same deficiencies and errors but Holbrook still cannot make up his mind.

The club is a shambles and MIA Mal needs to be punted and bring in a whole new coaching setup starting with Bennett

At least he will bring in credibility as a club, attract players, and improve our defence
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 26-08-21 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Sort of answers why Holbrook just does not pass the test as he has had the same players for 2 years , who continue to show the same deficiencies and errors but Holbrook still cannot make up his mind.

The club is a shambles and MIA Mal needs to be punted and bring in a whole new coaching setup starting with Bennett
    Will never forget the game we were getting flogged by Parra last year and they showed Mal up in the stands having a good old laugh.

Stuff him.

Keep Mal in recruitment only, need to change assistant coach or coaches, not a popular opinion but I like the hard edge of Flanagan, I know it’s commentary but what he says makes sense.

Keep Mal in recruitment only, need to change assistant coach or coaches, not a popular opinion but I like the hard edge of Flanagan, I know it’s commentary but what he says makes sense.
    Meh, I disagree. As far as I'm concerned he can bugger off back to Canberra and find a real job.

Not settled because the options are rubbish, yet the club has done nothing serious about fixing it for next year. As it stands season 2022 is a non event as we are not competitive with this spine. I would also add AJ to your list of declining players this season, or at least didn't kick on as expected.

Inactive User

Mal really has been the scarlet pimpernel this year hasn’t he??
    I used to call the CEO Steve Mitchell the scarlet pimpernel but Mal Meninga is it now.

The last I heard of Mal was when he was our Denis Denuto in being our legal counsel I think for Mo at a judiciary hearing.

We are actually still a good shot for the 8, not that it matters much. 7 & 8 will be gone first game.
    I see 3 teams finishing on 22 points. Depending on scores we get there on F&A.

Having somehow managed to sit through it, very disappointed and here are my comments = blank
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Avoided this thread last night and glad I did. I’m sorry but some of the comments sound like a drunk teenager having a hormonal tantrum. Losing sucks and the year has been frustrating to no end but sheesh, if we’re an amateur joke of a club then half of the NRL are a few notches below that. If you can watch 80 minutes a week from the couch and have the extreme intellect on every facet of coaching, conditioning, roster management, and everything else, to then denegrate the entire organisation, I applaud you. Funny how the same posters never have anything to say when good/positive things are posted.

On the game - low quality grinding match. Ponga the difference - iced 2x opportunities to give them both their tries.

MT is on the money when he says we’re battling uphill with our 6/7/9. Improve them and we’d be an entirely different football team. IMO equally as important is getting those positions right from a salary cap perspective and I’d say that’s why we are sitting on our hands until we know what our hooker situation and that big money is sitting for 2023+. Thing is we can’t afford to sit here losing in the interim. Good luck Holbrook & friends.

Will save my other broader/season/more general criticisms for that post-mortem thread (great idea 5YC)

Not much more to say. Disappointing and not making the 8 is not a successful season. Everyone knows that, even Dennis Watt mentioned it on the radio the other day. The board will respond accordingly in the off-season id say and there will be some tough questions asked. The people running this club are anything but amateur.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 27-08-21 at 08:29 AM.

Definitely missed taylor last night. Peachey is better playing a link position. We seemed lost at times, particularly organising our structure in attack on a positive, fermor is looking better by the minute. I for one like Holbrook. Didn't agree with his selections this round, but at least he's not going to die wondering.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Avoided this thread last night and glad I did. I’m sorry but some of the comments sound like a drunk teenager having a hormonal tantrum. Losing sucks and the year has been frustrating to no end but sheesh, if we’re an amateur joke of a club then half of the NRL are a few notches below that. If you can watch 80 minutes a week from the couch and have the extreme intellect on every facet of coaching, conditioning, roster management, and everything else, to then denegrate the entire organisation, I applaud you. Funny how the same posters never have anything to say when good/positive things are posted.

On the game - low quality grinding match. Ponga the difference - iced 2x opportunities to give them both their tries.

MT is on the money when he says we’re battling uphill with our 6/7/9. Improve them and we’d be an entirely different football team. IMO equally as important is getting those positions right from a salary cap perspective and I’d say that’s why we are sitting on our hands until we know what our hooker situation and that big money is sitting for 2023+. Thing is we can’t afford to sit here losing in the interim. Good luck Holbrook & friends.

Will save my other broader/season/more general criticisms for that post-mortem thread (great idea 5YC)

Not much more to say. Disappointing and not making the 8 is not a successful season. Everyone knows that, even Dennis Watt mentioned it on the radio the other day. The board will respond accordingly in the off-season id say and there will be some tough questions asked. The people running this club are anything but amateur.
    This is directed at my post and really, your comments are really inappropriate when forum members post views that are not consistent with your views.

The reality is Mal, has not been seen for months, Dymock defensive strategies are not working and has failed to address the obvious shortcomings, our new conditioner has not got the team as fit as the top sides and were gassed in that second half, Holbrook has not improved the team and continues to make some bewildering decisions including last night's must win game, and our recruitment has failed to address the obvious weaknesses in the team for next year.

Yes we are in front of other teams this year, but most of those teams have aggressively gone about to fix their problems. Dogs getting Gould and recruiting well, Broncos getting Ikin and recruiting to address their problems such as Reynolds.

My comments were directed to the operational areas above and not at Kelly, Frizelle and Watt and the management needs to hold those to account in what has been a failure of a season.

Junior

Well said HS.

I would say our game was pretty high quality in relation to our terrific completion rate. Blaming this team’s failure on props having brain snaps is not right. Every prop in the comp have brain snaps, always did, always will! Backline defensive mistakes always happen, dropped ball on heavy contact (Mo) happens to every team, every player is capable of letting a lazy arm slip too high in the tackle etc. I don’t think we’re dumber than other sides except in one regard.

For at least a decade we’ve lacked a clever footy brained, game managing half and/or number 9. This Titans team with a Cleary, Reynolds, Cronk, C Smith, DCE, Munster or dare I say, Pearce gets home last night once we went up 12-6
    Call me Mr Stupid but...

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Ponga didn't win it, we lost it with a lack of interest in a must win game and lets not forget who ****ed us with TLT.

Holbrook lost us the game when he **** the bed with this weeks team selections. Ash hasn't been performing all year but decides a must win game is the game to hook him. GM is killing it and replaces him with useless. KP not first grade material but "he's our captain". Tobi > Fogarty but gets hooked after one loss. Fifita 9 mins first half. Interchanges have been two sets too late all season.

Meninga is a ghost and a drain on resources.

Dymmock, well you tell me his worth?

If we want to be top 4 what top 4 club would allow this mediocrity? Everyone on camera and behind the scenes is accountable for this years lack of success. Who will pay for it? Fans first and foremost and then a couple of sacrificial lambs. Who will we replace them with? Who wants to come here unless you want early holidays and you can be more wrong than a weatherman and still retain your job.

I think we've earned the right to be ****ing upset.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ss-conference/

For anyone that wants a summary. Why did we throw the ball back 20m to Herbert for a field goal that was silly. He's disappointed boohoo and Sami was exceptional

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Ponga didn't win it, we lost it with a lack of interest in a must win game and lets not forget who ****ed us with TLT.

Holbrook lost us the game when he **** the bed with this weeks team selections. Ash hasn't been performing all year but decides a must win game is the game to hook him. GM is killing it and replaces him with useless. KP not first grade material but "he's our captain". Toby > Fogarty but gets hooked after one loss. Fifita 9 mins first half. Interchanges have been two sets too late all season.

Meninga is a ghost and a drain on resources.

Dymmock, well you tell me his worth?

If we want to be top 4 what top 4 club would allow this mediocrity? Everyone on camera and behind the scenes is accountable for this years lack of success. Who will pay for it? Fans first and foremost and then a couple of sacrificial lambs. Who will we replace them with? Who wants to come here unless you want early holidays and you can be more wrong than a weatherman and still retain your job.

I think we've earned the right to be ****ing upset.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ss-conference/

For anyone that wants a summary. Why did we throw the ball back 20m to Herbert for a field goal that was silly. He's disappointed boohoo and Sami was exceptional
    Tell us how ya really feel JB

I said Ponga because...take Ponga out of the game - do we still lose? We weren't good but we also lost by a field goal after 2 tries - scored & set up by Ponga. They didn't look likely otherwise. It doesn't mean we play any better, but I think he had the biggest influence on the outcome of the game.

No debate about selections or Meninga, although all he does is call in to help with recruitment. The worst thing we did was call him the head of culture or whatever a few years back. That was just a PR spin that has v much backfired and got meme'd into oblivion

Not sure what you are wanting me to say about Dymock. He no good.

Mate I don't think the club is allowing mediocrity. Hence why they've developed one of the stronger junior development systems in the NRL, have one of the strongest corporate positions in the NRL, has reconnected with the community, are connecting with local schools, and have developed a desirable culture within the playing group, have cleaned out half the roster, are re-signing local juniors early, among a bunch of other things. This all from a club that was barely surviving 5-10 years ago.

I think every Titans fan is disappointed with this season, 100%. But finishing 9th (results pending) when you're meant to finish 7th or 8th isn't exactly "this club is a joke" territory. There is no doubt Holbrook & the football department will be held accountable by the board for an unsuccesful season but at this stage we've still got another game to go to ice off the year