Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Agree mate, I hate it. It has turned our beloved game from test match cricket into T20 hit & giggle.
    So you would prefer the wrestle that was a huge blight on the game? The game was becoming so slow.
    In the last three rounds the number of blowouts has been reduced as players and coaches adapt. The carry on about the 6 again rule has been overstated as most restarts are on the first or second tackle so most teams get 7 or 8 tackles , not 12.
    Perhaps the rule can be tweaked, but I'd hate to go back to the way the game was becoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to be the pessimist on this one. Agree with comments that our forward pack overall is better, particularly the bench, but the differential between Brailey and the Rein/Clark combo drags it back pretty close to parity. We are absolutely outclassed in the spine overall and I think that's where the game will be won. I really hope to be proven wrong though.
    Yes I fear that you are going to be correct as our spine looks useless compared to theirs. (and it looks like little will change in 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    So you would prefer the wrestle that was a huge blight on the game? The game was becoming so slow.
    In the last three rounds the number of blowouts has been reduced as players and coaches adapt. The carry on about the 6 again rule has been overstated as most restarts are on the first or second tackle so most teams get 7 or 8 tackles , not 12.
    Perhaps the rule can be tweaked, but I'd hate to go back to the way the game was becoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I fear that you are going to be correct as our spine looks useless compared to theirs. (and it looks like little will change in 2022)
    The idea is OK, the execution is bad. It needs refinement. I was thinking instead of giving the attacking team an entire set then just give them an extra couple of tackles for each infringement or something. A whole set is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The idea is OK, the execution is bad. It needs refinement. I was thinking instead of giving the attacking team an entire set then just give them an extra couple of tackles for each infringement or something. A whole set is too much.
    As I said GT, the overwhelming majority of 6 agains is on the first or second tackle so the team receiving the restart only gets one or two extra tackles in reality.

Rep Player

Yeah actually I did prefer the wrestle era. It necessitated more creativity from the halves and allowed players like Cooper Cronk to shine. I also prefer test cricket to T20 so maybe it’s a personal thing. I’d be happy for a middle ground between wrestle era and the current momentum era.

As I said GT, the overwhelming majority of 6 agains is on the first or second tackle so the team receiving the restart only gets one or two extra tackles in reality.
    Which allows teams to use it as a tactic. Slow the first down to allow your team to form a defensive line, 6 again. Then they know refs will rarely call a 6 again on the 4th or 5th so there is niggle in the play that goes unpunished.

GT I am with you 100%. Can’t stand it.

MT give this a read:
    https://www.rugbyleagueeyetest.com/2...ts-and-trends/

Yeah actually I did prefer the wrestle era. It necessitated more creativity from the halves and allowed players like Cooper Cronk to shine. I also prefer test cricket to T20 so maybe it’s a personal thing. I’d be happy for a middle ground between wrestle era and the current momentum era.
    I prefer test cricket as well ( I watched most of the India v England test that started last night), but I would prefer Warner making 70 in the first session than Lawry making 20 in 2 hours.
    I guess we should concentrate on the game soon to start and I share the fears about our spine against theirs. The Knights defence has also improved in the last few weeks. Season on the line tonight and lets hope this isn't the meltdown thread in two hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    GT I am with you 100%. Can’t stand it.

MT give this a read:
    https://www.rugbyleagueeyetest.com/2...ts-and-trends/
    Interesting read, but my head hurts after reading so many stats!
    To clarify, I am not totally wed to the 6 again rule, but something had to be done with the way the game was going.

Good to see Brandy giving us a good wrap

QLD Cup

Brandy speaking sense about our halves not getting the ball to Fafita last week. Let’s hope the message got through

I’m in a meeting and will watch as if live later … fingers crossed and good luck ��
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Well done to Mcintryre getting 30m out of our first set of 5 that went 40m

Rep Player

Garbage wide run by proctor: check
    **** kick by Foges: check

Thank god for Sam

- - - Updated - - -

Pure luck then that ball was all knights

- - - Updated - - -

Not a bad first run by Sami not gonna lie

**** I love you Fermor. I am sorry I ever doubted you.

Rep Player

Fermy you beauty

Ferrrrrmmmmmooooorrrrrrrrr

Ferrrrrrrmmmmmmooooorrrrrrr

It's not too late to get aboard the Fermor train