Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Sorry lads, I'm going to have to be the pessimist on this one. Agree with comments that our forward pack overall is better, particularly the bench, but the differential between Brailey and the Rein/Clark combo drags it back pretty close to parity. We are absolutely outclassed in the spine overall and I think that's where the game will be won. I really hope to be proven wrong though.

Add to that list HS the plethora of ridiculous penalties we can conjure up. Very nervous and indeed it’s our gf mini or not.

Is Thompson staying on the left?
    Last edited by Titanic; 26-08-21 at 09:38 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That’s right Wilhelm, there spine is so much better it’s not even funny. The knights forward pack dominated the raiders through the middle which our pack has not done. This week they are missing safiti and Klemmer so we should dominate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Things I am looking forward to:

-Thursday night football
    -Watching JC

Things I am not looking forward to:

-The forum meltdown if we lose
    -Phil Sami
    -Jamal Fogarty
    -Kevin Proctor
    -Jamal Fogarty failing to play out the back
    -Jamal Fogarty failing to give Fifita advantageous ball
    -Jamal Fogarty 5th tackle options
    -Phil Sami
    -Peachey's goal-line defence
    -Jake clifford stepping through our slow inside pressure D and scoring
    -KP making children of the defensive combination of Fogarty and Fifita
    -Phil Sami

Holbrook presser

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    That’s right Wilhelm, there spine is so much better it’s not even funny. The knights forward pack dominated the raiders through the middle which our pack has not done. This week they are missing safiti and Klemmer so we should dominate them.
    I'm tipping Ponga to have a blinder.

I wonder if Marzhew was dropped because of visions of him having to rush in and cover Proctor and fogartys stuff ups in defence , that's gotta be the only thing the blokes a beast coming up against Bradman best we need a beast out wide to match

Inactive User

See you after the game.
    I don’t think we have the defence to win.
    Hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I wonder if Marzhew was dropped because of visions of him having to rush in and cover Proctor and fogartys stuff ups in defence , that's gotta be the only thing the blokes a beast coming up against Bradman best we need a beast out wide to match
    I reckon the logic is he just wanted to put Herbert and Thompson defending against Ponga's favoured edge with Best & Tuala. This is the only way it makes the slightest bit of sense because Marzhew does look a bit shaky with how he reads the D. Physically he's fine but has made a few errors with his decisions. Could be a communication thing there we aren't seeing on the TV, I dunno. But Ponga & Co could give him a few terrors.

Sami on his familiar left so we're not throwing Marzhew to the wolves by switching sides and trying to defend outside BK & in an edge that is already unfamiliar with Peachey there instead of Ash.

Not looking for a debate as to whether the logic is right or wrong, but if there is any reasoning that makes maybe a smidgen of sense, those are my thoughts on what it would be
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 26-08-21 at 04:03 PM.

I reckon the logic is he just wanted to put Herbert and Thompson defending against Ponga's favoured edge with Best & Tuala. This is the only way it makes the slightest bit of sense because Marzhew does look a bit shaky with how he reads the D. Physically he's fine but has made a few errors with his decisions. Could be a communication thing there we aren't seeing on the TV, I dunno. But Ponga & Co could give him a few terrors.

Sami on his familiar left so we're not throwing Marzhew to the wolves by switching sides and trying to defend outside BK & in an edge that is already unfamiliar with Peachey there instead of Ash.

Not looking for a debate as to whether the logic is right or wrong, but if there is any reasoning that makes maybe a smidgen of sense, those are my thoughts on what it would be
    Better than my theory that Holbrook was vaccinated on Monday with AZ and has a bleed on the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Better than my theory that Holbrook was vaccinated on Monday with AZ and has a bleed on the brain.
    I can only believe that Holbrook has a plan because I’m absolutely certain he doesn’t want to lose this game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

That actually makes a lot of sense.

I know it's the wrong thread to discuss this, but man, I personally HATE the 6-again rule. I think it needs refining because it gives waaaaay too much advantage to the attacking team and is a big contributor to the massive blowouts this year. So I am very saddened by the results of this fan poll. You are basically giving Vlandys the big green tick of approval despite the poorer quality of football we've seen this year in which the 6-agains have largely contributed to.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/26/...ll---the-fans/
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 26-08-21 at 05:52 PM.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I know it's the wrong thread to discuss this, but man, I personally HATE the 6-again rule. I think it needs refining because it gives waaaaay too much advantage to the attacking team and is a big contributor to the massive blowouts this year. So I am very saddened by the results of this fan poll. You are basically giving Vlandys the big green tick of approval despite the poorer quality of football we've seen this year in which the 6-agains have largely contributed to.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/26/...ll---the-fans/
    Agree mate, I hate it. It has turned our beloved game from test match cricket into T20 hit & giggle.

Rep Player

Well I’d say our season progressing past next week comes down to tonight. Genius or Captain Dip**** (or a mix of both) for the coach tonight. He’s thrown the dice in our most important game so far so let’s see how it pans out. Run hard, tackle hard, no sloppy ruck defence, no dumb penalties, no turnovers after points and most importantly Fermour to score a double.

Rip in boys

Couldn’t agree more about the 6 again rule. It’s changed the game so much is a reason why we are getting so many lopsided scores.