Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    We used to own slaves and burn women for being witches too. Guess times change. But if you honestly think that what you said about the lady above and have said regarding Mitchell is OK in this day and age then it is you who has the problem.
    So we’re belittling a bloke for his oddly shaped head and male pattern baldness but the line is crossed when there’s a bit of wordplay that flips it into a compliment for the woman?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    In fairness I think if there is any message it’s simply that he’s going with experience for a big game. The training comment was just an add-on. I don’t agree with the selection at all but I don’t think it’s Zillman levels
    But why hook one of your best performing players. Marzhew has shown up every week and executed everything he needs. How does “experience” trump that? Sami has been sub par every game this year so it’s not like you are replacing Marzhew with say a Thompson. It’s a cop out excuse. Experience doesn’t equate to performance. Don is the most experienced winger we have but his performance isn’t first grade. Sami is Q Cup grade at best. Anyways I’ve beaten this dead horse enough. We need the win and it’s going to take more than Sami turning up for us to win.

Getting a bit too deep and meaningful for a footy forum guys. Lets get back to the match thread.

EDIT - Thanks 5 year

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    So we’re belittling a bloke for his oddly shaped head and male pattern baldness but the line is crossed when there’s a bit of wordplay that flips it into a compliment for the woman?
    Congratulations you have grasped the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    But why hook one of your best performing players. Marzhew has shown up every week and executed everything he needs. How does “experience” trump that? Sami has been sub par every game this year so it’s not like you are replacing Marzhew with say a Thompson. It’s a cop out excuse. Experience doesn’t equate to performance. Don is the most experienced winger we have but his performance isn’t first grade. Sami is Q Cup grade at best. Anyways I’ve beaten this dead horse enough. We need the win and it’s going to take more than Sami turning up for us to win.
    I'm still pissed that Marzhew's been dropped. Sami offers absolutely nothing. And I'm sorry, but if Sami does take the field tomorrow night and plays an integral part in if we lose then Holbrook has a lot to answer for, the same goes for naming Peachey in the halves.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-08-21 at 09:09 PM.

Marzhew has been cut from the 21 so all I can say he must have an injury

Banned

How lucky is corey thompson no teams ever attack down his wing

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    How lucky is corey thompson no teams ever attack down his wing
    Lololol thought you’d lost your voice Thommo … has the experienced and talented Sami punted you to the right wing?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

NRL.com Preview - Knights v Titans: Frizell back, Klemmer out; Peachey new No.6
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/08/23/...ctor-in-doubt/

The Knights look all but assured of a top-eight finish after they took care of business against the Bulldogs and a number of teams in the chasing pack on 20 points were beaten.

Despite a stack of injuries and a horrible points differential, Adam O'Brien's men are in the box after reeling off four straight wins while the Titans pushed Melbourne on Thursday night before being overrun by the reigning premiers in the second half.

Of the three teams locked on 20 competition points the Titans' differential of -46 puts them just behind Cronulla (-32) and ahead of the Raiders (-85) so a win here would go a long way towards securing Justin Holbrook's men a first finals berth since 2016.

Match: Knights v Titans
    ROUND 24 - THURSDAY 26TH AUGUST

Team news
    Knights: Jack Johns has a shoulder issue and dropped out of the extended squad on Wednesday along with Simi Sasagi.

David Klemmer entered an early guilty plea on a contrary conduct charge arising from the win over the Bulldogs and will miss one game. His place in the front row is taken by Sauaso Sue.

Tyson Frizell returns from a one-game ban in the second row so Brodie Jones reverts to the bench.

The Knights have won five from five with Jake Clifford and Mitchell Pearce in the halves.

Titans: Kevin Proctor (shoulder) came through training on Wednesday and remained in the 19-man squad after Esan Marsters and Greg Marzhew were cut.

Toby Sexton is an option for Justin Holbrook with Tyrone Peachey listed in the halves.

Moeaki Fotuakia (knee) is a certain starter after missing last week's match.

The Titans have won five of their past seven games against the Knights.

Key match-up
    He's been used in the middle and on an edge this season but Mitch Barnett remains one of Newcastle's most consistent performers, and all-action back-rower who has posted career-high numbers for run metres, tackle breaks and tackles this season.

Meanwhile consistency is the one attribute that's been lacking in superstar Titans second-rower David Fifita, arguably the most dominant ball-runner in the league with the most tackle busts in the NRL and the most tries of any forward.

If Fifita is kept quiet like he has been in recent weeks the Titans could struggle, but if he's on his game the Knights could find themselves in big trouble.

Stat attack
    These teams have met four times in the past three years and none of the games have been close. The Titans won comprehensively on three occasions on the Gold Coast (38-14, 36-6 and 42-16) while the Knights easily won the other match in Newcastle (38-4). This match is technically a Knights home game but the ramifications of COVID-10 mean it's taking place on Queensland's Sunshine Coast, giving the edge to the official "visitors".
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Mini Grand Final Day has arrived.
    Psmitty

Inactive User

I can understand why people would see this as a Mini GF but I’m not calling it one.
    After consecutive losses it’s just about improving defence and getting confidence back.

The only way I can see us winning this team with Fogarty as the halfback (eg bomb on the 5th) is we have to suffocate them through the middle and reduce their forwards go forward through the middle. We have the better forward pack, the starting Knights forwards are comparable to the starting Titans forward pack (Saifiti, Watson, Brailey, Barnett, Frizell, Sue) vs (Wallace, Tino, Rein, Proctor, Fermor, McIntyre) however once you look at the bench you essentially see 4 rookie Knights players up against Mo, Fifita, Jolifee so we should be really taking them through the middle.

As long as we can hold them out or stay with them on the scoreboard until our bench comes on we should get momentum on our side, I've watched all the Knights games this year (thanks to the missus) and they are a very confidence based team, if they don't get on the scoreboard early or think they can't win they will have their hands on their head, we have to reduce the time Clifford/Pearce have with the ball and pin them in their defence end.

But as usual strategy is a lot easier on paper than on the the field with refs, luck, injury and stupidity which often doesn't go the way of the Titans. I'm with psmitty absolutely a mini gf, probably the game of the season for me! Up up the mighty Titans!!

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Mini Grand Final Day has arrived.
    I’m with you of course it is all games from here on in are. It’s been a long season so let’s enjoy it and get behind the boys

Sportsbet: $1.95 Knights vs $1.85 Titans

Things I am looking forward to:

-Thursday night football
    -Watching JC

Things I am not looking forward to:

-The forum meltdown if we lose
    -Phil Sami
    -Jamal Fogarty
    -Kevin Proctor
    -Jamal Fogarty failing to play out the back
    -Jamal Fogarty failing to give Fifita advantageous ball
    -Jamal Fogarty 5th tackle options