Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

These changes baffle me.why persist with Taylor and then just drop him for peachey? Sami for marzhew. Not confident at all.

Rep Player

Ah wells barring a last minute lineup change Holbrook has shown his cards. I’ll be cheering us home but if you told me to select our strongest team this ain’t it. Our season lives and dies with this game so either way the choices are going to come into question.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really glad to see titans fans across all social media platforms ripping into Holbrook. The fans aren’t dumb they know this is a foolish move

I am still in disbelief honestly. What in the actual F did Marzhew do to get dropped?

Hope no one is working Friday because I think we'll be having a few drinks Thursday night. Glad it's not a home game.

I’m surprised no one has put Don up as the replacement for GL.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Could it be that GM has a niggle and will be nursed through the week to see how he pulls up ? If he pulls up ok he gets elevated to the squad? Not sure but a thought.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Could it be that GM has a niggle and will be nursed through the week to see how he pulls up ? If he pulls up ok he gets elevated to the squad? Not sure but a thought.
    No need to do it this way BT. Holbrook could have just done what he did last week and that was GM in the team and Sami on the reserves. Anyone in the 21 can be put in the team later in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’m surprised no one has put Don up as the replacement for GL.
    Don can get his send off against the warriors. If we lose against the Knights and Sharks beat Broncos then it doesn't matter, give the guy the send off he deserves.

The hooker merry go round continues. It’s got the feeling that he’s is a text book coach who can’t adapt…serious concerns on a Holbrook. His post game press conferences have raised red flags and today’s team have me leaning towards Coach Holbrook has reached a ceiling in capability……I certainly hope we win

So according to Fogarty we should play "cute" and Peachey and Sami certainly meet that requirement over smart.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Surely he must be injured or have a niggle I had to read the team list 5 times to make sure I wasn’t dreaming

First Grader

After seeing the uproar on social media over marzhew getting dropped for sami, It's going to be interesting to see the backlash holbrook will receive if this team fails to fire Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    The hooker merry go round continues. It’s got the feeling that he’s is a text book coach who can’t adapt…serious concerns on a Holbrook. His post game press conferences have raised red flags and today’s team have me leaning towards Coach Holbrook has reached a ceiling in capability……I certainly hope we win
    I don’t think so. The post-game press conferences are a charade to create headlines and I wouldn’t say he’s text book - he’s innovated some small things in the way we play that even the top teams have implemented. Has us playing a pretty entertaining brand of football too and a very happy playing group. The culture is the best it’s been within the playing group. I think he needs a better quality roster before we can really see where that ceiling might be.

He just makes some head scratchers when selecting teams. Opting for experience is fine but shouldn’t be at the expense of form. Cannot get my head around the selection principles.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 25-08-21 at 07:30 AM.

Holbrook innovated the halves coming back super early in the set and spreading the ball wide. Now everyteam does it.

With Taylor not being picked this week it is probably fair to say that we have seen the last of Taylor and he will not play in a Titans jersey again. What a disaster few years that was. A million dollar player who now can't even get a contract for $250,000.
    Psmitty