Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Peachy in for Taylor is the most important thing and this outweighs any short comings Sami might present. I’d say Hurricane wants to see a more open attack and has gone for speed and more back up potential (Not putty Marz down but he is very regimented in his play).
    Also I wouldn’t doubt Sexton comes in for Clark and possibly could start.

Upwards and onwards I say and we should be pretty much unbeatable now that we have 13 players on field (yep I recon we’ve been playing with 12).

Come on boys you got this
    I wish I had your optimism

Taylor out I can't take the smile of my face.
    Sami in doesn't worry me either JB I'm not fixated with Marz so yes I'm looking forward to the game and I hope Peachy absolutely kills it.

First Grader

Holbrook has shown time and again that he pick players on reputations and not performance. No wonder we have not improved as a side this year

Rumours going around that Marzhew was injured at training

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I sure hope that is really the case.

But named in the 21?

This is literally the headline on the Titans webpage

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook has turned to experience for Thursday's must win game against the Newcastle Knights.

Former Queensland Origin winger Phillip Sami returns, replacing Greg Marzhew.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    But named in the 21?

This is literally the headline on the Titans webpage

Titans Coach Justin Holbrook has turned to experience for Thursday's must win game against the Newcastle Knights.

Former Queensland Origin winger Phillip Sami returns, replacing Greg Marzhew.
    Going off that it probably was his public comments then. No way hes been dropped for form.

Rep Player

Surely. I’m not “fixated” on Marzhew but Sami is not starting caliber in today’s NRL but our backs stocks are low at the moment. If he’s the best we got after Greg so be it but no amount of optimism tells me he’s better than Greg. He’s shown zero every chance he has had all year

- - - Updated - - -

Also absolute yes to the peach. He’s earned a crack
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 24-08-21 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Wow, Holbrook has gone backwards in my eyes after this selection.
    Marzhew has been one of our better players in the past few weeks so that just completely baffles me. I thought that finally with him and Thompson, at least our wingers were set. Picking Sami over Marzhew is beyond words unless he is injured.
    Holbrook has taken 21 rounds to work out that all of our halves combinations he has tried have failed and has changed at this late stage. Personally I think it's worth a try but surely he should have done this weeks ago.
    His head is well and truly on the block with these selections, but that what he is paid to do. He can bask in a win if we get one, but he'll have plenty to answer for if it fails.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting comment from you mate. You usually give the benefit of the doubt to most things about the team so your brief comment surprises me.
    Yeah it was a bit knee jerky by my standards. Peachey in for Ash I'm not too fussed on, although like you say would've preferred it earlier so we aren't experimenting in a potentially season ending game.

Marzhew being dropped has (rightfully) caused probably the most outrage I've ever seen from Titans supporters across all platforms. Just next level. Would not like to be running the Titans social media pages after posting that team list. Would be deleting instagram if I was Phil Sami as well.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 24-08-21 at 06:07 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We're ****ed
    Please add to this comment

I don't think so mate. Hope I'm wrong but fairly sure he'll be running out for Burleigh this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Please add to this comment
    Nothing much in it, just frustration at seeing former Queensland Origin winger Phil Sami back in the side at the expense of one of our best performers. Having new combinations on both sides of the field just spells disaster, and if Sami's decision making is responsible for shutting down their left edge with Ponga playing outside to Best & Tuala, we're in for a long night.

I'm very low on confidence for Thursday night. Gonna need a Fifita and/or JC special to get us the W I think.

Marzhew being dropped has (rightfully) caused probably the most outrage I've ever seen from Titans supporters across all platforms. Just next level. Would not like to be running the Titans social media pages after posting that team list. Would be deleting instagram if I was Phil Sami as well.
    Epic backlash. I was shocked too. I thought that it was an injury but then also saw him listed in the extended squad which I thought was strange. I guess something close to the truth will soon recent itself.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I really hope Peachey doesn't serve up his usual crud when he plays at 5/8. He is such a liability and it could spell real disaster for us.
    On GM, I hope it is injury that has kept him out, he has been very good. I was hopeful until the team was named.

Rep Player

Ahh wells it’s all on Holbrook now. Knights will be sending all the traffic to his side so let’s hope Sami is ready. We now lose a big strong back to run the ball out of trouble so Sami better be ready to roll the sleeves up and not run sideways. Let’s hope al that “experience” pays off.

At least Ash is gone and peach won’t die wondering

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing much in it, just frustration at seeing former Queensland Origin winger Phil Sami back in the side at the expense of one of our best performers. Having new combinations on both sides of the field just spells disaster, and if Sami's decision making is responsible for shutting down their left edge with Ponga playing outside to Best & Tuala, we're in for a long night.

I'm very low on confidence for Thursday night. Gonna need a Fifita and/or JC special to get us the W I think.
    Blind Freddy can see this is a dumb **** move, Holbrook trying to be the smartest bloke in the room again. Honestly sends a poor message that in Justin’s team your performance means sweet FA