Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Ah Manly, the one-man band.

Inactive User

MT’s other team is putting one of the final nails into our seasons coffin right now

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    MT’s other team is putting one of the final nails into our seasons coffin right now
    I'm not even fussed. After our recent performances I'm convinced that even if we made the 8 we'd be just making up the numbers anyway, just like all the others fighting for that spot.

Inactive User

^^^^ I’m with you totally

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Unfortunately I've seen this with Manly for years. Beat a rival by a lot and then lose the next week. Happened earlier this season when they beat Parra the day Fulton died. After that they lost to Newcastle the next week.

Shame, was actually cheering on the Raiders. Manly are a hilarious side without Turbo, they are a fringe top 8 team with him not out there, if that.

First time in a long time many Titans supporters cheered the long-necked goose.
    Last edited by Titanic; 20-08-21 at 07:44 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

There you go fellas, never in doubt.
    For the record Manly have won 4 of the last 5 games that Tom T has missed.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'm not even fussed. After our recent performances I'm convinced that even if we made the 8 we'd be just making up the numbers anyway, just like all the others fighting for that spot.
    I know that this season hasn’t panned out the way that we all would have hoped but making the finals this year is important for our young squads progression and confidence. If we scrape into the eight then we give ourself a chance of fluking a win or two and turning the season into a success. If we miss the eight, it’s all over and we open ourselves up to all sorts of criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    7. Sexton 6. Fogarty. Just do it
    Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Has to be Sexton 6 Fogaty 7, one half steer us around the other focus on early ball to fifita and Kelly and co and JC lead our attacking shifts make it happen whatever gets JC more ball in his hand in the opposition half
    If this is the halves pairing I would have Peachy start as Lock and this combination may just provide something for us to cheers about

I’m really happy manly won and am really hoping we can make the top 8. I don’t get the sentiment that it doesn’t matter. It’s not like I want Holbrook fired so am hoping we bomb out. Also if we make the 8 it makes our recruitment an easier task and will be a big accomplishment after years of missing out.

I really don't understand the hate to make the 8. This has me truly stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Accountants call it negative gearing … lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

I’ll summarise where I’m coming from in three words
    “Polishing The Turd”

Me either. It's as if people think the Raiders, sharks etc deserve it more. I don't.