Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Contradicted the captain
    This ^

Absolutely disgusted and pissed off at that team list. Let’s drop our best winger (unless he possibly got injured at training or something?) and name Peachey the slob (who we aren’t re-signing) at five eighth instead of Sexton (who we’ve signed for 3+ years as our long term half). Holbrook should be ashamed of himself

First Grader

I would love to know why Greg was dropped. He is our most damaging ball runner imo (fifita is too few and far between).

Why play a new halves pairing when we have 2 must win games? Peachey has barely played 6 all year not to mention he has next to no kicking game. If he was going to do anything play sexton at half and fogarty at 5'8.

Why is holbrook making these decisions? What is going on behind the scenes we don't know about?

Perhaps the sky isn't falling, petals. Mind games are not unheard of amongst NRL coaches. Why not screw with the knights heads?? Instead of pissing before our water comes...lets wait until it's one hour before kick off.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    What do you mean Bodsy? With the playing group?
    YeH a playing group that has fractured into cliques

The Marzhew one is just bizarre. He just re-signed so clearly he must be happy here. And now suddenly dropped? Doesn't make any sense. Only thing I can think of is him coming out and saying something that contradicts captain/coach who didn't like it, or he's genuinely injured at training or something.

Love the teamlist!! Glad to see Marzhew finally dropped, was getting pretty sick of his massive runs and huge yardage game in game out!.

- - - Updated - - -

On a serious note, Tyrone Peachey at 6 either lodges himself squarely in the Gold Coast Titans HoF or produces a horrendous performance that torpedoes our top 8 hopes, no inbetween, Very ballsy from Holbrook.

Dropping Greg is unforgivable in my eyes. He is everything this football team should stand for. On what planet can you present to your players on a Tuesday morning and somehow justify it. The guy has busted his ass off and put his body on the line multiple times. Not only has he been consistent in his strong areas (meters gained + tackle-breaks) but you can also see he has delicately worked on his craft in defending and managing the high ball. I saw someone mention Toby Sexton and the same applies to him. How could you literally look that young bloke in the eye and tell him that you're going to overlook him for a one-dimensional halfback who leaks points on his edge like a sieve. He did everything asked of him and it still wasn't good enough for a coach who must clearly select on reputation. A reputation of mediocrity.

The GC Titans Facebook page features a headline in their latest post "Your Round 24 team" with a big picture of Sami's mug followed by a sentence which reads "Experience called upon for must-win game against Newcastle". WHAT, HAHAHA.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The GC Titans Facebook page features a headline in their latest post "Your Round 24 team" with a big picture of Sami's mug followed by a sentence which reads "Experience called upon for must-win game against Newcastle". WHAT, HAHAHA.
    Marzhew ain’t injured. Hang you ****ing head Holbrook after the numerous players who should have been dropped all year you drop one of our consistently best players for Phillip runs sideways, can’t tackle, can’t stay on his wing, gives an overlap every defensive play Sami?!? Two words ****ing Moron

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Love the teamlist!! Glad to see Marzhew finally dropped, was getting pretty sick of his massive runs and huge yardage game in game out!.

- - - Updated - - -

On a serious note, Tyrone Peachey at 6 either lodges himself squarely in the Gold Coast Titans HoF or produces a horrendous performance that torpedoes our top 8 hopes, no inbetween, Very ballsy from Holbrook.
    Interesting stat - Tyrone Peachey has never won a game in his career when starting at five-eighth. Masterstroke by Justin!

Peachy in for Taylor is the most important thing and this outweighs any short comings Sami might present. I’d say Hurricane wants to see a more open attack and has gone for speed and more back up potential (Not putty Marz down but he is very regimented in his play).
    Also I wouldn’t doubt Sexton comes in for Clark and possibly could start.

Upwards and onwards I say and we should be pretty much unbeatable now that we have 13 players on field (yep I recon we’ve been playing with 12).

Come on boys you got this

We're ****ed

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Peachy in for Taylor is the most important thing and this outweighs any short comings Sami might present. I’d say Hurricane wants to see a more open attack and has gone for speed and more back up potential (Not putty Marz down but he is very regimented in his play).
    Also I wouldn’t doubt Sexton comes in for Clark and possibly could start.

Upwards and onwards I say and we should be pretty much unbeatable now that we have 13 players on field (yep I recon we’ve been playing with 12).

Come on boys you got this
    You can't be serious? I thought we were way past the pom pom club promoter stage.

One of us will be eating their words on Thursday.

Wow, Holbrook has gone backwards in my eyes after this selection.
    Marzhew has been one of our better players in the past few weeks so that just completely baffles me. I thought that finally with him and Thompson, at least our wingers were set. Picking Sami over Marzhew is beyond words unless he is injured.
    Holbrook has taken 21 rounds to work out that all of our halves combinations he has tried have failed and has changed at this late stage. Personally I think it's worth a try but surely he should have done this weeks ago.
    His head is well and truly on the block with these selections, but that what he is paid to do. He can bask in a win if we get one, but he'll have plenty to answer for if it fails.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We're ****ed
    Interesting comment from you mate. You usually give the benefit of the doubt to most things about the team so your brief comment surprises me.