Threaded View

And my turn:

1. The game:
    (a) I had the impression that our left side was constipated in attack. The early try came off Fermor’s fend and any back line play was shut down or ineffective. Our other try came from Fifita’s strength. With only Fogarty kicking we were predictable. Summary, Peachey was a bust.
    (b) Sami scored a try all of us could have scored and certainly Thompson but the latter’s step was nullified by being on the right and we lost Marzhew’s efforts . Summary: Sami was a bust.
    (c) Fifita was underused game wise and imho on the wrong edge. Fermor is going well but he’s not Fifita. Ditto for Mo. Summary: rotation is a bust.
    (d) Both our captains are courageous and enthusiastic but largely ineffective. Summary: the team’s onfield brains trust is a bust.
    (e) Rein and Clarke both have passing deficiencies and put the team under pressure nearly every ruck. Summary: our hookers are a bust.
    (f) Our line speed is atrocious whether it’s because of fitness, structure, motivation or a combination of all of that. Summary: our defensive system is a bust.

2. The club issues:
    (a) Something is off in the playing group, whether it be angst among the playing group or coaching/selection issues but there is something publicly unsaid. The coach’s reasoning for team changes was too illogical. His taking the hit has to be covering something larger.
    (b) Retention and recruitment seems to be progressing considering who’s been in the market. We haven’t missed anybody I’d really want and we’ve signed those I’d want to retain with the exception of both our captains who in fairness are depth at best. Yes we need a good 9 but not a mediocre one.
    (c) I feel the administration’s done a pretty good job throughout the covid period which I’m sure hasn’t been easy.

3. My personal issue:
    I am bitterly disappointed and deflated, not in losing but in the manner that we lost. I never once last night thought we had the gas to win. The commentators did their best to talk up our attack but we were clunky and disjointed. The players tried hard but they weren’t a team.
    Last edited by Titanic; 27-08-21 at 01:28 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.