Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Don't think its that outrageous mate - he doesn't see Sexton & Fogarty working well together and to be honest I agree. I still think Ash is a better option as a 6 than Fogarty

I'm more annoyed that Toby isn't playing but then also know that whoever is on that edge is probably going to be given a bath by Munster anyway.

Be prepared for Fogs to be unable to pass Fifita the ball because he loves getting caught with it
    That was more my point I dont see the need to hook Sexton after one loss. Sexton offers more in attack and more importantly can put in an attacking kick. What is frustrating is that you just knew the second sexton debuted and killed it, Holbrook was just waiting for our team to lose before Holbrook would hook him and brings back the messiah aka the solid 6/10 foges. Glad to see Taylor named again after a stellar performance last week....Somebody call the NFL as he can lob a pass a mile forward like you wouldnt believe and you only need to attack and not defend if you are a QB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titans83 View Post
    What’s up with moe out and mcintyre in?
    According to the titans article he has a knee issue

Mo is being rested due to an ongoing knee issue.

It saddens me that we really have no other hooker options other than Rein & Clark who are both very very average.

Not really concerned about the other changes. Coach is clearly going for experience with Fogarty over Sexton, Fifita in for Fermor isn't a huge deal for me either. Will miss Mo tho.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 17-08-21 at 04:50 PM.

Fermor and Fifita have worn those numbers for weeks, no change there. Great to see JC back but sorry for AJ. Feel Mo needs a rest and McIntyre gets his chance … Fogarty for Sexton probably not a demotion just giving the kid a refresher … Clarke v Rein is like choosing which end of a hotdog to bite … personally resting Mo and Sexton for the more winnable games makes sense to me … feel that Storm team has a few cracks in it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

I hope that we get Peachey on a lot earlier this week. He has really suffered from our hookers inability to play 80min. We look so much more promising in attack when he plays a roving middle role. Hopefully Clark can punch out 60min and Peachey is brought on after 25min to play middle before shifting to hooker.

I'm a big fan of Sexton from what I've seen but I actually don't mind the idea of him being dropped for this game for the following reasons:

1. Shows to Toby that being good is not enough, you also have to be consistent and perform the majority of games
    2. Creates more competition for that halfback position, every great player is a competitor. You would think this should make Toby hungrier and want it more, practice more, go harder (if he gets disheartened he is not the right person to be he general for this team because you got to have thick skin to be a halfback)
    3. Realistically we will lose to Storm which means we can drop Fogarty for the next round and Holbrook can stick with his formula of making changes when we lose and keep the same squad (if fit) when we win

I get the point of resting Sexton if that's the case but I Think givimg him and JC free rein to lead the attack and rattle the storm could've been nice to see. A man can dream haha

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    I get the point of resting Sexton if that's the case but I Think givimg him and JC free rein to lead the attack and rattle the storm could've been nice to see. A man can dream haha
    That's next year with Booth/Turner/Sexton/AJ and a swag of others keeping the driftwood out of the team.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Same as us re-signing Proctor and thinking hes not going to be our starting 2nd rower next year I dont think Holbrook is "resting" Sexton. I dont know what "lesson" sexton learns when foges and taylor arent kept to the same standards. I think as long as foges is fit you wont see Sexton again this year....would be absolutely stoked to be proven wrong. Anyways huge game! Cant wait to see JC and McIntyre back in action

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    That's next year with Booth/Turner/Sexton/AJ and a swag of others keeping the driftwood out of the team.
    Been waiting 14 years for some talented titans rookies to set the comp alight I want it now hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    https://twitter.com/nrlphysio/status...007448065?s=21

4-6 weeks!!! Jesus.
    Latrell got nothing.
    Watch the video again.
    It was deliberate.

How is AJ's injury just rewards for a great tackle on this numb nut?
    Absolute negligence by the NRL that this wasn’t looked at closer as it is obvious that Mitchell knows someone is around his boot laces yet he kicks out (no other way to describe it). Should kicking out with your boots yield you a penalty more so than as if you lay waiting for the defender to release? (No it’s not accidental it is a deliberate action)
    I would suggest the current game has evolved beyond the act of dislodging a defender with a kicking motion and just as with a thrashing elbow so the club should lodge a formal complaint and receive some type of retribution.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the grub didn’t even offer AJ any level of sympathetic acknowledgement as he swaggered past.

Banned

Should sack holbrook
    Poor selections
    No don
    No rein
    No sexton

Rep Player

Game day…

Huge opportunity to make a statement against a Storm side without Smith, NAS, Finucane, Hughes, and Olam. Raiders and Cowboys have nearly beaten them in recent times so it can be done.

Storm by 40.

Turbo ruled out of the Raiders game. Fingers crossed Manly can find a way without him

Inactive User

Will post later tonight
    This is going to be ugly