Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Yep your spot on Upthetits and further more;

One thing that sticks out to me is how the better teams seem to be either, a lot better at camouflaging the wrestle or get more leniency from the refs or both in the ruck because there is no doubt they produce that extra effort and slow down tactics at the play the balls for that fraction of time that provides a huge advantage to their defence structures.
    I don’t think we have kept up with the top teams in this regard but pretty sure we wouldn’t be granted equal leniency anyway. The Rabbits were brilliant at this in the first half yesterday
    Theyre better at holding us up and waiting for the held call before they put us down then roll us. Because they're meeting us and hitting us but not letting us get to our stomachs it's viewed as a dominant tackle so they're getting extra allowances from the ref whereas when they're running at us you'll notice most runs the attacking teams are making it to their stomach and beginning to get up therefore they have the advantage in the refs eyes and we have to release and roll away earlier otherwise we are slowly down the ruck.

The first contact and hitting and sticking is so crucial. But most importantly you can tell off the first set what our attitude will be like for the game off our line speed. It feels like every 3 or 4 games we are right up in their face but then the following week we barely move forward. Holbrook would have to be addressing it but I just cannot understand why the players wouldn't be taking it on-board. Unless of course this 3 step up and hold is actually holbrook/ dymocks defence structure they're implementing this season.

Rep Player

Short turn around and a big change in tactics needed. As others have said when we come across a top 6 team its obvious how much faster, tactical and well disciplined the top teams are and we seem about 2 steps behind. I cant see a win but we really need to fix our for and against. If we go back to back blowouts its going to cost us a spot in the 8. Then again knowing us we will lose to warriors and knights.

What I'd like to see for this game:
    -Start Fifita
    - Sexton and Peachy halves combo
    -For the millionth time we need to rotate our forwards quicker.
    -It wont happen but id like to see a start pack of Tino, Fifita, Fermour, Jolliffe and Mo

Cant see any of the above happening and will probably see the only change being foges and taylor halves combo. Storm need to win this game to get the record and could be without Hughes. We will take anything

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    Marzhew and Herbert are becoming a liability in defence

They are too new
    Bring back the don
    ^ I love this guy. He’s like Bronco Bill with extra brain damage.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Short turn around and a big change in tactics needed. As others have said when we come across a top 6 team its obvious how much faster, tactical and well disciplined the top teams are and we seem about 2 steps behind. I cant see a win but we really need to fix our for and against. If we go back to back blowouts its going to cost us a spot in the 8. Then again knowing us we will lose to warriors and knights.

What I'd like to see for this game:
    -Start Fifita
    - Sexton and Peachy halves combo
    -For the millionth time we need to rotate our forwards quicker.
    -It wont happen but id like to see a start pack of Tino, Fifita, Fermour, Jolliffe and Mo

Cant see any of the above happening and will probably see the only change being foges and taylor halves combo. Storm need to win this game to get the record and could be without Hughes. We will take anything
    Unfortunately I fear that Fogs will be brought back in for Sexton as well

Why we are sticking with Taylor is beyond me. Fogarty and Sexton might not work together but surely it's worth a try instead of persisting with the same old stuff

As much as I despise them I can see Broncos winning their last 3 as their form is turning around. It helps us no end and as I have mentioned previously if we fluke 7th we may end up playing Para in the first week of finals. Then bowing out in the 2nd week. 🤪

Raiders are a big threat to our chances I think. Playing Manly without Turbo, then Warriors and then an injury ravaged Roosters side. Could very well win at least two of those meaning we desperately need to beat both Knights and Warriors if we likely lose to the Storm this week.

If we want to win this we need Beau Fermor to be taking all of our 5th tackle kicks

Length of the field power-grubbers on repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    If we want to win this we need Beau Fermor to be taking all of our 5th tackle kicks

1st tackle option confirmed, Fogarty can chase through and beat them with his pace

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    1st tackle option confirmed, Fogarty can chase through and beat them with his pace
    He can high-five Proctor on the way through as he struggles to get back onside from a defensive set 2 minutes earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Please stop HS. LOL.
    I am always critical of Taylor and Fogarty for not finding the grass on their kicks. Fermor certainly did that but he also found row 25.

Raiders every chance of beating Manly without Turbo.

Raiders are without Starling for the next month, broken jaw.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post

Titans bitten by injury ahead of Storm clash
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...f-storm-clash/

The Gold Coast Titans will be without one of their key men for Thursday’s clash against the Melbourne Storm, opening the door for an exciting youngster to return to the side.

Fullback AJ Brimson will miss the game through injury, with a stray boot from South Sydney’s Latrell Mitchell causing the damage.

Gold Coast High Performance Manager Klint Hoare says a jaw injury will sideline Brimson.

“AJ has sustained a hairline fracture to his jaw,” Hoare said.

“The incident happened in the second half of the game against Souths and it’ll rule him out this week.

“AJ has been to see a surgeon today and we are now waiting for further information.”

Brimson is the only major injury for the Titans squad, with Jayden Campbell tipped for a return.

“Jayden is fully fit and ready to go if selected,” Hoare said.

“He’s recovered really well from an ankle injury that he had and has been back to full fitness for a few weeks now.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER