Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Not one offload tonight

QLD Cup

Might be a controversial opinion but I thought Peachey was one of our best tonight. His linking in the middle adds so many options to our attack.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Not one offload tonight
    Missed Mo and it showed.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Might be a controversial opinion but I thought Peachey was one of our best tonight. His linking in the middle adds so many options to our attack.
    100% agreed mate peach tried his guts out. Always trying, always going at the storm. Foges and Ash take notes

The thing that shows again tonight is the predictability around our halves, Taylor could be bothered getting involved and forgarty doesn’t play off the cuff and isn’t an instinctive footballer our set plays other coaches must sit there and laugh at how easy it is to read our plays

His problem this time was not trusting his outside player and over chasing

Meh, we lost, we knew it. For me momentum shifted when Fogarty did a bomb on the 3rd tackle. After that we were lost. Our interchanges have little to no cohesion or reason.

Night all. Fingers crossed Manly rolls Canberra.

Taylor may be our best of a bad lot option but really he’s horrible. Has Fifita pissed the whole team off, he may as well have stayed at home and he looked like he didn’t want to be there. Clarke he is honestly the worst 9 I’ve seen since … no he’s the worst. Fogarty must be dropped … can’t kick and won’t run. Peachey passing forward and choking what little cohesion we have does my head in … will be pleased to see the end of him too. When your star forward, 9, 6, 7 and utility are crap there’s not much left to cheer.

The rest went pretty well and congrats to JC, Fermor and Marzhew.

Go the Eagles.
    Last edited by Titanic; 19-08-21 at 10:47 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Tbh I’m glad this top 8 spot isn’t being given to us easily and teams are making us pay for some of the pathetic efforts in defence. For as much as I’ve called out Proctor I might as well give a shout out to our star player. Holbrook needs to be demanding more from him and getting him to drop the lazy tag people are giving him. Munsters barge over and the dummy after that, wake up.

In regards to Herbert and Fogs. 2 of those are on Herbert imo, doesn’t excuse fogarty for giving up on the play. Agree with the third one being on fog. If herbert doesn’t come in there storm probably go short and score anyway with the way fogarty was looking. Our defence shows up in patches much like our efforts. We can look good for a few tackles, have a team trapped and somehow will find a way to undo it all on the 5th.

Ash Taylor. I can be stuffed talking about him about as stuffed as he is to playing. For what its worth hes probably our most creative player for about 10% of the game. I’ll give him that.

First Grader

The real reason we lost is that we are just not fit enough compared to the top 3 teams. We were gassed by half time which is rediculous. We have folded every 2nd half against the top teams. When fatigue sets in we fail to move off the line on our goal line, we try to take short cuts, we fail to get to dummy half, we fall for dummies, we are slow to get back into position, we fail to meet the attack on the advantage line.

Being the fittest team in the competition, you can hide players shortcomings but they exposed big time when they are not fit.

Until this is fixed by our condition staff we are wasting our time cc and just making up the numbers.

We didn't even give ourselves a chance that 2nd half with poor completions, poor decision making, and just general poor performances from a few - namely Clark, Taylor, Fogarty and Fifita's defensive efforts. They rested a few but were still a side with triple the amount of origin players as us, and in key positions, which I think is important to keep in mind for perspective (as to how average our group is..).

Standouts:
    Beau Fermor
    Tino (imo our best forward, as he often is)
    Marzhew
    JC

JC has so much more to give as well. I don't think he's even showing half of what he can do when he gets himself involved in a game. We need him touching the ball a lot more but to see him in good opportunities we also need a 7 who doesn't pre-plan every set of the game in the sheds before he runs out.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 20-08-21 at 08:06 AM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We didn't even give ourselves a chance that 2nd half with poor completions, poor decision making, and just general poor performances from a few - namely Clark, Taylor, Fogarty and Fifita's defensive efforts. They rested a few but were still a side with triple the amount of origin players as us, and in key positions, which I think is important to keep in mind for perspective (as to how average our group is..).

Standouts:
    Beau Fermor
    Marzhew
    JC

JC has so much more to give as well. I don't think he's even showing half of what he can do when he gets himself involved in a game. We need him touching the ball a lot more but to see him in good opportunities we also need a 7 who doesn't pre-plan every set of the game in the sheds before he runs out.
    I agree but the poor completions, poor decision making, increased mistakes in my view is a result of fatigue where the mind is not where it should be and mistakes became aplenty. If we were at the same fitness levels as the Storm, Panthers and Rabbits, we would not be having the same fade-outs in the 2nd half which have been become the norm against the top sides, we would reduce our mistakes and start being at least competitive.

It is so obvious that there is a huge difference in fitness levels that the second half was expected as has been the case against the top sides all year.

Whilst it is not the only reason and other factors such as certain players having limited skill sets (Fogs/Clarke) and having lack of desire (Ash) have their consequences, the lack of fitness erodes the basic platform for which you need to be able to perform at a high level for the entire duration of the contest and is a large contributing factor in our inconsistent performances and 2nd half fade-outs.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

Standouts:
    Beau Fermor
    Marzhew
    JC

Agreed mate, Im hoping they get JC into the same role Papz was playing for the storm at the start of the season. Just coming up into the attacking line every set looking to get involved, he will be deadly in broken play as he can just explode pace wise and has nasty step

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I agree but the poor completions, poor decision making, increased mistakes in my view is a result of fatigue where the mind is not where it should be and mistakes became aplenty. If we were at the same fitness levels as the Storm, Panthers and Rabbits, we would not be having the same fade-outs in the 2nd half which have been become the norm against the top sides, we would reduce our mistakes and start being at least competitive.

It is so obvious that there is a huge difference in fitness levels that the second half was expected as has been the case against the top sides all year.

Whilst it is not the only reason and other factors such as certain players having limited skill sets (Fogs/Clarke) and having lack of desire (Ash) have their consequences, the lack of fitness erodes the basic platform for which you need to be able to perform at a high level for the entire duration of the contest and is a large contributing factor in our inconsistent performances and 2nd half fade-outs.
    You're not wrong, but our worst mistakes happened in the first half. So many times we had momentum and were about to pile on the pressure then someone drops it cold. The worst one was Clark ~10 m out from the try line. Just randomly fumbles it after trying to look cool with a one handed pickup. Someone needs to remind him the old adage of "two hands for beginners".

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Meh, we lost, we knew it. For me momentum shifted when Fogarty did a bomb on the 3rd tackle. After that we were lost. Our interchanges have little to no cohesion or reason.

Night all. Fingers crossed Manly rolls Canberra.
    I could not believe he kicked on the 3rd tackle. That was a poor decision and agree it played a part in the swing in momentum. Also I noted that the ball rarely got past Fogerty to give Fifita a chance. Our halves really let us down last night. Give me Peach as a hooker next year and throw good money at Cheese and a spine with AJ, JC and Sexy to develop.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady