Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...711f3d4f04dc2e

Not sure where to put this but they have us and Newcastle to make the top 8. It is a run down of the teams in contention for the last 2 spots.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...711f3d4f04dc2e

Not sure where to put this but they have us and Newcastle to make the top 8. It is a run down of the teams in contention for the last 2 spots.
    I agree with this if we play to form. Canberra has a horror draw and will be lucky to make it. Sharks have a good draw but face Knights which will be a key one for us and we should make it if we win 2 out of next 4 games one of which is the knights. The key games is for the knights to beat sharks and for us to beat the knights.

First Grader

Whilst I hate the Storm, they are currently demolishing the Raiders which helps us with the top 8

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Whilst I hate the Storm, they are currently demolishing the Raiders which helps us with the top 8
    Sharks are the main threat I think, not Raiders. Sharks have Knights, Tigers, Broncos, and Storm to finish. From memory, Storm are known to rest players once their final ladder position is secure.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Sharks are the main threat I think, not Raiders. Sharks have Knights, Tigers, Broncos, and Storm to finish. From memory, Storm are known to rest players once their final ladder position is secure.
    Yeah but them losing to Warriors last week was huge for us, they're only on 18 pts and they should hopefully lose to Knights this week too. If they can't beat Warriors who were down a man for 20 minutes, they won't beat Storm even if they rest half their squad.

I see Dane Gagai had been ruled out of this match, we need everything to go our way to keep our for and defence as close to 0 for the next 2 games.

Also don't think we will be seeing Jahrome Hughes line up against us next week. Have to capitalise on the smallest opportunities.

Inactive User

The most likely thing that’s going to occur is we get absolutely lapped the next two weeks and these top 8 hopes turn into bitter disappointment.

It’s of extreme importance we snag one of these next two games or at the very least keep the margins of defeat to a respectable margin.

I fear the next fortnight

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    I see Dane Gagai had been ruled out of this match, we need everything to go our way to keep our for and defence as close to 0 for the next 2 games.

Also don't think we will be seeing Jahrome Hughes line up against us next week. Have to capitalise on the smallest opportunities.
    Finucane may be out as well due to concussion

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Finucane may be out as well due to concussion
    Good point even more reason we need to aim up, they also have Tui K injured, potentially have NAS coming back for our game. Scary two weeks

JWal is confident so hopefully the team is feeling the same.

Dare I say a Drongo's win over the Roosters tonight could turn out to be a good result for us

Inactive User

Message tonight.
    Massive opportunity.
    I just don’t think we are anywhere near good enough right now.

Fifita on the bench again. If South’s get away to a flyer then this backfires on us. IMO in the big games you gotta start Fifita

Gagai out.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope we can snag this

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonm View Post
    Fifita on the bench again. If South’s get away to a flyer then this backfires on us. IMO in the big games you gotta start Fifita
    Fifita on the bench, I wonder if Ash will drift over and see what the right hand side of the field looks like and do his job and put Fifita into a gap when he comes on as per the coaches apparent game plan