Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    We struggled in attack and we looked predictable, maybe AJ to five eight and Jayden Campbell to fullback week against the Storm?

We literally have nothing to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

One Rum for every South's point coming up here!!!!
    Party at mdrews, who's coming?

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Also hate to say it by think AJ is shot and has barely any acceleration this season, even my gf says AJ has looked very slow lately. Maybe it's time we consider JC at fullback and trial AJ at 5/8 or cenre
    Should have happened when JC was at fullback and AJ came back from injury how many ever weeks ago that was.
    Hurricane seemed to think he had something to lose instead of something to gain by shaking it up all that time ago.
    Still isn't to late but I think you'll find Hurricane will still have the something to lose attitude and stay with the status sh1t quo

I really believe our most potent offense will be when Brimson moves to 6 and JC at the back, and eventually with Paul Turner in Peachey's role.

Not reaaally that bothered about this one, our Grand Finals were always the Knights and Warriors in 2 weeks time, just hope we can keep the points differential solid against the Storm.

Rep Player

When AJ had his Lisfranc injury last year, physios were pointing out that these kinds of injuries can reduce speed/acceleration by ~20%. Seems that our fears may have come true in AJs case and that 20% was what was made him the linebreak king the last few years.

First Grader

Everyone of their forwards ran for over 100 metres and Tatola off the bench ran 200 metres whereas our leading forward was Fermor with only 80 metres and the rest around 50/60 metres.

That is where it was won and lost with our inability to move off the line with any speed. It was like watching a demolition derby

Joliffe should be our starting Prop IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Bet Holbrook says they played well in the second half and lost by only 6 points. He be kidding himself if he comes with this same crap he has said in similar situations
    Nah he pretty much said the obvious. They were way better than us, our line speed sucked compared to theirs and we butchered any opportunities

I'd almost start jollifee and lisone let them lose for 15/20 so we stop losing the ruck always so early.

Two tries from scrums, that is worrying

- - - Updated - - -

Too late in the year to make double change, if JC is in the team this year its 5/8

- - - Updated - - -

This stuff from Holbrook makes me second guess him as a coach……

Rep Player

Not to add anything that hasn’t already been said. We can see what we lack, we need a experienced half or a JC to partner sexton. Still need a 9. Still have absolute ducking plodders for forwards that somehow get extended. Still can’t seem to man up in defence and will always give up an overlap (obviously that doesn’t matter to Dymock he just ignores it every ducking week). Anyways, hopefully the storm don’t put 50 on us. To be honest it by a miracle we make the finals we havent earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Everyone of their forwards ran for over 100 metres and Tatola off the bench ran 200 metres whereas our leading forward was Fermor with only 80 metres and the rest around 50/60 metres.

That is where it was won and lost with our inability to move off the line with any speed. It was like watching a demolition derby
    Probably had the most kick metres too from one kick

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Probably had the most kick metres too from one kick
    To be fair, he kicked it all the way to Coolangatta

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    To be fair, he kicked it all the way to Coolangatta
    Best on field again. Thank you very much

Banned

Think when Wallace lost the ball in the first half they should have asked for captains challenge
    Even if we were wrong it would have slowed the game

I know in our sets we are often well below the other team in metres gained, but I'd love to see a stat about how many metres we gain in the first three tackles of a set. Sometimes it would be a negative in some sets. Quite often lightweights are hitting it up while the forwards just stand there.
    This is how they are coached and I am starting to lose faith in Holbrook.
    We just missed the 8 last season. If we come 8th this year and go out in the first week, I will not consider this year a pass.