Default Titans and Coombabah State High School formalise partnership

Titans and Coombabah State High School formalise partnership
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...e-partnership/

The Gold Coast Titans and Coombabah State High School have formalised a partnership that will ensure local rugby league talent have a direct pathway to the NRL.

The partnership between the NRL side and one of the region’s leading sporting schools will deliver pathway and development opportunities for students and coaching staff.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell says this is an important agreement that ensures Gold Coast talent stays in the region.

“The Titans have had a long association with Coombabah State High School, but this formalises our partnership into the future.

“We’re excited to work with the school to not only help uncover the next generation of NRL stars, but also to ensure that we can put the support and development pathways around them from a young age.

“As a Club we are active in the education and student support space and we’re committed to helping Coombabah students to make sure they’re prepared for the pathway from school to professional football.

“The school has built a wonderful High Performance Sport Academy and through this partnership we will also open our doors to allow students to get a taste of the elite performance environment.”
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Rep Player

Now this is the kind of big picture long term success news that is worth screaming about.

With PBC, Keebra and Coombabah locked up, so is our future.

This is massive.

I live in that schools catchment and don't know one parent that wants their kids to go there.

Awesome. Some excellent talent has gone through there and will continue to do so.

Great work Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I live in that schools catchment and don't know one parent that wants their kids to go there.
    I just did some research and it has 1200 students so there must be plenty of parents that think it goes ok

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I just did some research and it has 1200 students so there must be plenty of parents that think it goes ok
    With the catchment rules Bods, quite often you have no choice unless your kids go Private. The school does have some good sports programs which I suppose is all I should care about as a Titans supporter.

Well it sounds like a win-win for both us and the school. More exciting too that we also have a Womens team to offer.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER