Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    First Grader

So he was successful in getting off his charge but because holbrook didn't name him at all in the 21 he can't play this week? Is this correct??

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    So he was successful in getting off his charge but because holbrook didn't name him at all in the 21 he can't play this week? Is this correct??
    Nah mate he was just downgraded on the charge so went from 2 to 1 week suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Best outcome was the one week side lined thus not named.

First Grader

Ah, thanks lads

League Unlimited : Canterbury v Gold Coast preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/363...itans-preview/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Marzhew v Meaney in a battle of the wingers
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...f-the-wingers/

The Macca's Match-up for round 20 sees us focus on the flanks.

Two talented wingers, Greg Marzhew for the Titans and Nick Meaney for the Bulldogs are the players under the microscope.

After an impressive start to his NRL career, Marzhew missed three weeks with an elbow injury.

The 104kg wrecking ball returned in last week's win against the Dragons, scoring a try and running for 216 metres.

Huge on kick returns, Marzhew's running game has been on show in the four games he has played to date, with the 24-year-old averaging 172 metres per game. In four games he has scored four tries and made 15 tackle breaks and four line breaks, showing how dangerous he can be.

Meaney is 14kg lighter, but is a threat in his own right.

Across 16 games, the Bulldog has six tries.

He's averaging 120 running metres per game and has 33 tackle breaks for the season.

Able to cover most positions in the backline, Meaney will move to the Melbourne Storm in 2022.

For now though, he is a key figure for the Bulldogs and will be a player to watch on Sunday afternoon.

Marzhew is fast becoming a fan favourite, and with the Bulldogs to host the game at Cbus Super Stadium, it'll be another chance to Titans fans to see the flying winger in action.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Consistently inconsistent Titans confident of flying finals flag for Queensland
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/29/...inking-finals/

Moeaki Fotuaika remains "confident" the Titans can be the only Queensland team to make the 2021 finals but knows they must quickly address their wild form swings.

Gold Coast are in 10th place - two points outside the top eight - with six matches in hand and a relatively favourable run home.

While they face the red-hot Rabbitohs (round 22) and first-placed Storm (round 23), the Titans have four winnable fixtures against teams ranked below them, starting with the Bulldogs on Sunday.

If Justin Holbrook's side can triumph in those games, it could be enough to sneak into the play-offs for the first time since 2016.

However, considering the Gold Coast haven't won back-to-back matches since round three, it's easier said than done.

After thrashing the Dragons last week, they now have an opportunity to make it two straight and gain crucial momentum.

North Queensland (14 points, one win behind the Titans) are still an outside hope of finishing in the top eight while Brisbane (10 points) can hypothetically get there but will need a miracle.

But there's little chance of two Sunshine State clubs playing past the first week of September when the regular season concludes.

"I'm pretty confident that we can play in the finals," said Fotuaika, who isn't looking too far ahead.

"We really haven't been consistent throughout the year, so that's probably the main thing for us."

He added that "it's definitely a motivation for all of us in the team. We all want to try and play finals footy.

"But ... hopefully we can just be consistent with our games and hopefully we can play some finals footy at the end."

A shining light for the Maroons in their 2-1 series loss, the 21-year-old prop's "energy levels are high" after the Origin period.

Following standout efforts off Queensland's bench - averaging 100 metres per match - Fotuaika is keen to kick on at club level.

"I've taken a lot of confidence out of the Origin campaign and I'm just trying to bring it back here to the Titans," he said.

"Just being around that professional environment, you definitely learn a lot as well as learning off the great players in that team.

"I've got niggling injuries with my shoulder and my knee, but it's all pretty good. I've just got to stay on top of it with the recovery, making good choices with sleeping and drinking a lot of water and resting."

Meanwhile, outside back Esan Marsters feels like he is "debuting again" as he prepares for his first NRL game in six weeks.

Having played four matches for Gold Coast after a mid-season move from the Cowboys, Marsters was then dropped.

The six-time New Zealand international's recall has come with incumbent centre Patrick Herbert suspended for one match.

"We're not playing [reserve grade] games, so we can't get the opportunity to show what you can do," Marsters said.

"But I think you can still go out there and train as best you can. I've had good training sessions in the past couple of weeks.

"I just miss playing footy and to go out and play this game this weekend is going to be pretty cool ... I'm pretty nervous but I know I've been there before I know I can get back to the best footy I can."

So far the results have gone with us this week … fingers crossed.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Calling it now…Put this post in your diary. Eels to only win 1 more game (against Cowboys) and will finish 6th. Manly to finish 5th. We cannot finish 8th or we have Manly first week of finals. We finish 7th and easy win against Eels. Then we bow out to Rabbits..But we made 2nd week of finals..yay.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Calling it now…Put this post in your diary. Eels to only win 1 more game (against Cowboys) and will finish 6th. Manly to finish 5th. We cannot finish 8th or we have Manly first week of finals. We finish 7th and easy win against Eels. Then we bow out to Rabbits..But we made 2nd week of finals..yay.
    Find us a 5/8 and I’m with you but with a real 5/8 I’d give us a chance and knock off the Benny Bunnies to

Rep Player

So is this game now canned due to lockdown? All Brisbane NRL games cancelled I imagine ours is this same. What happens with the points?
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 31-07-21 at 10:50 AM.

The enormity of the Arrow, Api, marshmallows and the Jet incidents will now bite the NRL on the Chavinda Vass … can’t see V’Landys talking his way out of this one … maybe play mid-week?

Not looking forward to listening to the 7Plus commentary ridiculously bleating away about the medal count.
    Last edited by Titanic; 31-07-21 at 12:10 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

If the Suns game today is postponed then surely all NRL matches are too

It'll probably be postponed, and so it should be. We gotta do what we gotta do to keep this bastard of a virus under control.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    It'll probably be postponed, and so it should be. We gotta do what we gotta do to keep this bastard of a virus under control.
    Yep i'd say you're right GT

Also too much of a logistical nightmare to make it happen I'd imagine