Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by TitanPremiership View Post
    I'm still so confused at our interchanges that game. Only used 7 and 1 of them was with 4.5 mins to go ( why not 10 mins to go at least)... You could see we had some forwards on their last legs.
    I thought that was a bit odd as well. Waiting till the second half to bring on Peachey was a bit strange also. You would think that we would use Peachey against tired legs at the back end of the first half.

Rep Player

I agree that the bench rotations this year have been really weird. Earlier in the year we were starting Wallace and Peachey and not making any substitutions until the 25 minute mark. Most teams target ~20 mins I believe.

I reckon we're seeing less and less reliance on Peach & Proctor in anticipation for next year.

The interchanges are a bit strange but i've noticed across the NRL that a few coaches are using them abnormally.

Some decent performances across the board which will probably be reflected in a good spread in mojo voting but some standout base numbers:

Marzhew 190m (73 post contact)
    Tino 165m (72 post contact), 27 tackles (1 miss)
    Fifita 175m (89 post contact) (in only 57 minutes)
    Sexton 34 tackles (4x 1 on 1) (only 1 miss)

Another thing - Last night we played without either of our captains for 60 odd minutes and looked more inspired and connected than usual, IMO.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 03-08-21 at 07:48 AM.

What did happen to KP? He went off in the first 20mins, did he return? Not complaining, just wondering if it'll be a permanent fixture, beats the heck out of the move into the middle that we have seen previously.

First Grader

Very impressed with the line speed last night. I know the doggies didn't throw much at them but they definitely showed a change in attitude which is good to see

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I reckon we're seeing less and less reliance on Peach & Proctor in anticipation for next year.

The interchanges are a bit strange but i've noticed across the NRL that a few coaches are using them abnormally.

Some decent performances across the board which will probably be reflected in a good spread in mojo voting but some standout base numbers:

Marzhew 190m (73 post contact)
    Tino 165m (72 post contact), 27 tackles (1 miss)
    Fifita 175m (89 post contact) (in only 57 minutes)
    Sexton 34 tackles (4x 1 on 1) (only 1 miss)

Another thing - Last night we played without either of our captains for 60 odd minutes and looked more inspired and connected than usual, IMO.
    I think you're on the money there re: Peachey and Proctor being phased out.

Marzhew and Tino were immense for our go forward which is why I gave them a point in the mojo voting. I didn't realise Fifita did that much though. I suppose if there's no media article bashing him for being overpaid then it's safe to assume he at least had a decent game.

Sexton wow he has impressed me in defence and I also like the way he runs deep into the line in attack. I can see him making a lot of linebreak assists alongside Fifita. Not sure how Fog makes it back in the team at this rate. His only leverage over Sexton is "leadership", but we seem to have done better without our appointed leaders as you point out. Ash even seems to be playing better alongside Sexton.

Inactive User

That’s a good point about KP. What the heck did happen to him.
    Sexton is a way better footballer than Fogarty.
    The #7 jersey has to be his now.

My only criticism is sometimes he seems to be not paying attention when we have the ball and he makes an error when he’s passed the footy and it’s not expected.

Sexton is like a mix of Cooper Cronk and Kyle Flanagan but he's been alot more like Cronk so far. World's slowest halfback but he's still always exactly where he needs to be and guides us around the park better then Fogarty

Inactive User

When KP was off for the last hour of the game who would’ve been our Captain??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Good question. Anyone know who it was?

Banned

Mitch rein

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    After we lost the captains challenge we didn't need one.