Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Yep i'd say you're right GT

Also too much of a logistical nightmare to make it happen I'd imagine
    If city beach and the lolly store at Harbour town are open tomorrow it's more just a "look at what we are doing" rather than a "strict" lockdown. When the definition of an essential worker is work that can't be done from home, it's more of a "feel good" lockdown. But that's beside the point.

Anyway, stay safe and enjoy your family time instead of watching 8 games of footy I guess.

We back on. Monday 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    We back on. Monday 6pm
    At Lang Park. Not that it matters. No crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    At Lang Park. Not that it matters. No crowds.
    Are you sure mate I thought just moved to Monday time at Cbus?

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Are you sure mate I thought just moved to Monday time at Cbus?
    Says Suncorp Stadium on the NRL's website.

All games at suncorp until further notice apparently.

5 games at Suncorp over 2 days. We are the 4th game. Hope the field is still friendly. Manly and Sharks the last game. I can see some injuries coming out of this.

Well looking on the bright side I guess it gives Kelly and Fogs a bit more time.
    I'm happy for Fogs in for Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well looking on the bright side I guess it gives Kelly and Fogs a bit more time.
    I'm happy for Fogs in for Taylor
    I am not sure that Holbrook will play Fog's and Sexton together if the article in the CM today is anything to go by. Holbrook is quoted as saying "that a Fogarty Sexton combination did not appeal to him. They are similar players he said. They are both organising halfbacks and you don't want two of those. You only want one and you want your 5/8 to touch the ball once in a set or come up with a play that counts."
    Just for Bods to have a heart attack over, the article is actually about the Titans 5/8 position and who will play there next year and he admitted that AJ going to that role was a possibility but so was JC.
    I can't seem to find a link to the article but it is in the digital edition.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans toy with idea of Brimson in No.6 jersey
    TRAVIS MEYN

TITANS coach Justin Holbrook will consider shifting star fullback AJ Brimson to the No.6 jersey next year if the Gold Coast doesn’t land a gun playmaker before 2022.

The Titans this week missed out on a potential five-eighth for next season when unwanted Broncos pivot Anthony Milford inked a oneyear deal with South Sydney.

The Titans were in the race for Milford and even entertained the idea of signing him immediately for the rest of this season. But he opted to head to Redfern to rejuvenate his career under incoming Rabbitohs coach Jason Demetriou, who guided him in Brisbane as an assistant to Wayne Bennett.

That has left the Gold Coast to continue searching for a spark in its halves, as doubt hovers over the future of current five-eighth Ash Taylor.

With six rounds left this season, the off-contract Taylor is yet to be offered a new deal by the Titans, and has not been informed if he has a future under Holbrook.

Holbrook has denied the writing is on the wall for Taylor, but the Titans’ hesitancy to offer an extension shows they have concerns around his ability to lead the club to title contention. Gold Coast has earmarked rookie halfback Toby Sexton to be its long-term No.7. Sexton, 20, is an organising playmaker who lacks speed, with Holbrook wanting a dynamic five eighth to complement Sexton’s structure.

That could come in the form of Queensland Origin utility Brimson (pictured). The 2 2 - y e a r - old played his first 11 NRL games at fiveeighth in 2018 before shifting to fullback, where he has been a revelation for the Titans. But they also have the freakish Jayden Campbell, son of club legend Preston Campbell, pressing his claim for the No. 1 jersey. Holbrook wants to get another pre-season into the lean Campbell before deciding where his future lies and admitted a switch could be on the cards for Brimson.

“Everything’s a possibility,” Holbrook said. “Jayden has played three games for us and done an excellent job. In an ideal world I’d love him to have another full pre-season then be knocking on the door to force his way into the side. I’m not too sure where. It could be in the halves, he’s good enough to play there and fullback.

“That’s what pre-season is for, it gives you a chance to play around with things. At the moment we’ve got games every week and have to pick our best 17 to win. I haven’t got a lot of time for experimenting with positional changes. We’ve got high hopes for Jayden. He’s an outstanding young player with a big future.”

Sexton will get another chance to stake his claim for the No.7 jersey long-term when the Titans face the Bulldogs in a must-win game. A finger injury to halfback Jamal Fogarty opened the door for Sexton to debut against the Dragons last Sunday and he did little wrong.

Fogarty, a club co-captain, now faces the prospect of sitting on the sidelines if Sexton continues to impress, after Holbrook said a Fogarty-Sexton halves combination did not appeal to him. “They’re similar players,” he said. “They are both organising halfbacks and you don’t want two of those. You only want one and you want your five eighth to touch the ball once in a set or come up with a play that counts.”

Has JC played in the halves before and do we think he could be the option paired with Sexton? To be honest I like the idea of Sexton and Turner but then where does JC fit.
    Psmitty

Immortal

Jayden has not played in the halves since 2018 when he played a few games there for Helensvale in the local Gold Coast competition.

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Has JC played in the halves before and do we think he could be the option paired with Sexton? To be honest I like the idea of Sexton and Turner but then where does JC fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I am not sure that Holbrook will play Fog's and Sexton together if the article in the CM today is anything to go by. Holbrook is quoted as saying "that a Fogarty Sexton combination did not appeal to him. They are similar players he said. They are both organising halfbacks and you don't want two of those. You only want one and you want your 5/8 to touch the ball once in a set or come up with a play that counts."
    Just for Bods to have a heart attack over, the article is actually about the Titans 5/8 position and who will play there next year and he admitted that AJ going to that role was a possibility but so was JC.
    I can't seem to find a link to the article but it is in the digital edition.
    Thanks Ozy good article.
    I recon AJ at some stage will make a very good 5/8 but with Hurricane not wanting to go there right now I'd still take Fogs over taylor and (mind you I'd pretty well take anyone) just tell Fogs that Sexton is running the show and give Fogs a very simple game plan to follow. The defining quote for me is "You only want one and you want your 5/8 to touch the ball once in a set or come up with a play that counts." and this implies Taylor a complete right off.

Newcastle 18 Nil up on the Raiders helps our cause. If St George and Cronulla lose also then next week becomes a mini grand final.
    Psmitty

^not sure who i’d rather win out of Raiders and Knights. Yeah Raiders are ahead of both of us but Knights have a very easy draw ahead and with Best back now and Pearce next week they are starting to hit form. I think Knights are more of a threat to the top 8

Rep Player

Knights have Broncos, Sharks, Bulldogs, Titans, Broncos to finish. I think they’re a shoe in for 7th. Raiders have Dragons, Storm, Sea Eagles, Warriors, Roosters. I think our best chance of making the 8 is if Sharks, Dragons, Raiders all drop out, so Knights winning today is a good thing.