Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Do members get this as a membership game?
    I don't think so...and I am not paying anymore than my membership to watch this rabble.
    I would expect members would get an option to buy cheaper tickets just to help get a crowd.

It won’t be part of our membership.. though we did lose one home game early in the season when versing Canberra, but didn’t hear anything about that.. I also won’t be buying tickets to see the rubbish they put up.. I doubt there will be a big crowd there

2021 is shot or is it … (a) continuing to self-destruct or (b) a few wins coming perhaps to give us false hope then fading at the end or (c) a few wins to get momentum then sneaking into the 8? I won’t propose a “(d) and glory” option because there is as much chance of seeing that as there is of seeing Cody Walker getting picked up and slammed into the ground during halftime … impossible.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    2021 is shot or is it … (a) continuing to self-destruct or (b) a few wins coming perhaps to give us false hope then fading at the end or (c) a few wins to get momentum then sneaking into the 8? I won’t propose a “(d) and glory” option because there is as much chance of seeing that as there is of seeing Cody Walker getting picked up and slammed into the ground during halftime … impossible.
    I'm hoping c or the mysterious d.

This club is teetering on the edge of unreconcilable brand destruction IMO.

Sure we’ve had issues for a long time but somehow I've stayed proud and positive about being a Titan but lately I just don’t seem to be getting that same sense of pride.

I think it comes down to the fact the current side is pretty dysfunctional and has been for the majority of the season yet we’ve been reluctant to shake things up and stayed with the pick and stick approach which has been deflating and a disaster IMO.

So in a very long winded way I’m voting (a) to the Titanic question as I succumb to the hopelessness (yes heavy I know).

Rep Player

Don’t be ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post

Sure we’ve had issues for a long time but somehow I've stayed proud and positive about being a Titan but lately I just don’t seem to be getting that same sense of pride.

I think it comes down to the fact the current side is pretty dysfunctional and has been for the majority of the season yet we’ve been reluctant to shake things up and stayed with the pick and stick approach which has been deflating and a disaster IMO.

So in a very long winded way I’m voting (a) to the Titanic question as I succumb to the hopelessness (yes heavy I know).
    Well said. Probably not the thread for it though.

Sorry Ravs I think that’s a bit dramatic mate. I hear a bit of this whinging about Holbrook not shaking things up but am yet to hear of a solution that doesn’t involve just throwing random players in irrespective of lower grade form, to prove a point.

We’re 2 points outside the 8 and are like most teams this year - either winning by a lot or getting belted by a lot. We’re an inconsistent team with some roster deadweight and the best players in our roster being in their early 20s with minimal FG experience. I really don’t think it’s quite as miserable as some here are making out.

Even if you look at the teams we are competing with for the bottom of the 8 - Cronulla, Newcastle, Canberra, Warriors..these are sides that have rosters that are more settled or just straight up better than what we have currently.

I’m not offering the above as an excuse and this side has some blatant deficiencies before they’re a top 8 side but some of the doomsday chat around here has been straight up ridiculous
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 19-07-21 at 10:06 PM.

I think we are far from the toxic poison our brand faced several years ago. I am frustrated and often incredulous at what I see. The amount of games we have let slip through our grasp this year is frightening. But I do see green shoots.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Sorry Ravs I think that’s a bit dramatic mate. I hear a bit of this whinging about Holbrook not shaking things up but am yet to hear of a solution that doesn’t involve just throwing random players in irrespective of lower grade form, to prove a point.

We’re 2 points outside the 8 and are like most teams this year - either winning by a lot or getting belted by a lot. We’re an inconsistent team with some roster deadweight and the best players in our roster being in their early 20s with minimal FG experience. I really don’t think it’s quite as miserable as some here are making out.

Even if you look at the teams we are competing with for the bottom of the 8 - Cronulla, Newcastle, Canberra, Warriors..these are sides that have rosters that are more settled or just straight up better than what we have currently.

I’m not offering the above as an excuse and this side has some blatant deficiencies before they’re a top 8 side but some of the doomsday chat around here has been straight up ridiculous
    This x1000.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Come on mate. Most of us have been unfortunate enough to witness the early 2010's where we were literally at one point weeks away from perishing, the Centre of Excellence, the '15 pepsi saga, the DCE backflip, the James Roberts signature forgery, the Jarryd Hayne era, Garth Brennan (amongst years of mediocrity) so I can say with complete confidence that there's almost zero chance that an average season in which we under-performed on the field is going to nuke the Titans brand.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    Come on mate. Most of us have been unfortunate enough to witness the early 2010's where we were literally at one point weeks away from perishing, the Centre of Excellence, the '15 pepsi saga, the DCE backflip, the James Roberts signature forgery, the Jarryd Hayne era, Garth Brennan (amongst years of mediocrity) so I can say with complete confidence that there's almost zero chance that an average season in which we under-performed on the field is going to nuke the Titans brand.
    I'm going to have nightmares tonight now.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post

I welcome your opinion HS.
    This isn’t just random waffle though I’ve been suggesting we have major issues for some time now and to cut to the chase I think it stems from the halves and most so the Taylor factor (sorry time to get real and no more tip toeing thru the tulips with this fact). It’s not an ability/talent/effort thing but more a phycological cancer that the untenable Taylor situation is manifesting IMO. Surely I’m not Robin Caruso in seeing the Taylor experiment as a massive failure and impost so why the hell do we persist with this insanity and not bite the bullet and move the F@ck on?
    Rant over and off-chest successful!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    This x1000.

What I just said

Rep Player

You do know Taylor is off contact at the end of the year and hasn’t been re-signed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    You do know Taylor is off contact at the end of the year and hasn’t been re-signed, right?
    I believe the damage is still being done by not taking more decisive and strategic action

@Ravs … is Robin Caruso the love child of Robinson Crusoe and Enrico Caruso? Both were awesome soloists … lol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.