Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Sexton with a try and 6/6 is an amazing debut … now we will see how our coach reacts.
    Pretty sure that’s the halfback positioned settled…fantastic debut.
    If we could get Taylor replaced with a 5/8 the team would instantly go to another level so frustrating.
    Even in today’s big win Taylor was embarrassing IMO and I’d be willing to replace him with near anyone just to get some sort of value add in that position please. AJ is my preferred and I can see him playing very well there or even Clark would do me…yes left field but he did come to us as 5/8/hooker. I’m desperate to utilise that 5/8 position better or our potential really does remain restricted.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    Maybe I'm in a minority but I thought Taylor's defence was awful. Had a good hit at one point but missed some shockers
    Gus Gould made a good point the other night. There are good tacklers and then there are good defenders. The good tacklers can put a shot on and make the highlight reel whereas the good defender will often go unnoticed. Good defenders are the ones you want in your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomologist View Post
    Maybe I'm in a minority but I thought Taylor's defence was awful. Had a good hit at one point but missed some shockers
    No mate as willh added you are spot on the money…he is terrible.

Inactive User

Just watched as though live. It’s nice to have a rare win. Just going to enjoy it.

$1M TITAN UPSTAGED BY DEBUTANT

Gold Coast playmaker Ash Taylor remains uncontracted for next year and he’s not exactly adding zeros to his next deal with his form for the Titans.

While his side beat the Dragons 32-10 on Sunday, the senior playmaker’s stats left a lot to be desired.

Taylor ran the ball twice for nine metres. He failed to register a single try assist or linebreak assist. In defence he missed six tackles, two more than his nearest teammate.

In comparison, debutant halfback Toby Sexton ran the ball eight times, scored a try, had two offloads, and kicked six goals from six attempts in his first outing in the NRL.

“Still the Titans halves and spine struggling to create any opportunities, scoring off a kick and scoring off that Fifita individual brilliance,” Fox League analyst Braith Anasta noted at half time.

Taylor is pocketing around a million bucks this year from Gold Coast but when Jamal Fogarty returns from injury he may not even be in the best 17.

Sexton’s impressive debut will likely have him as the preferred halves partner for Fogarty.

As for the Titans in general, Anasta says the halves need to stop simply giving the ball to backrower David Fifita and expecting him to create something.

“Although Fifita is so good for them, and he’s such a key point of attack, they need to rely on him less,” Anasta said.

“They need to find other opportunities or ways of breaking down opposition, and that comes off the back of their halves.

“When they can do that, when they don’t have to rely on Fifita so much, it takes them to another level. It takes them into that zone, that top-eight position where they can compete with those teams.

“At the moment you can’t just go into a contest and say ‘here you go Dave, get us out of this’. It’s going to work every now and then but it’s not going to work all the time.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...7a571c3d6b2c69
    Psmitty

I hate the fact the media only talk about two things. We either are underutilizating Fifita or we rely on him as our only Saviour and usually they change their opinion on this in a ten minute time frame. They honestly have no interest in this team.

Quote Originally Posted by hungryjacks View Post
    I hate the fact the media only talk about two things. We either are underutilizating Fifita or we rely on him as our only Saviour and usually they change their opinion on this in a ten minute time frame. They honestly have no interest in this team.
    Hit the nail on the head. It's embarrassing.

Should the club organise a 50m race between Sexton and Fogarty with a Papalli image being projected behind them?

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Should the club organise a 50m race between Sexton and Fogarty with a Papalli image being projected behind them?
    The winner gets a date with Princess Peachey

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    There should a 1 hour time limit to complete the race

First Grader

My money is on the papalii projection

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    There should a 1 hour time limit to complete the race
    Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    My money is on the papalii projection
    Hahahaha

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Not much tbh Bodsy, someone on Twitter trying to make something out of nothing

First Grader

I did see that in the game and thought it was abit odd. I hope all is well between the lads