Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Yep…removed my membership number and tried again. You can get tickets in the away bays on the Eastern side from $20. Section 19 seats are OK as I have sat in that section previously. They are $30.
    I wonder how much say the Away teams get in this equation as you'd think they wouldn't want to entice to many Titan supports…you would think the stadium operators want open slather as come one come all though.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    Yep…removed my membership number and tried again. You can get tickets in the away bays on the Eastern side from $20. Section 19 seats are OK as I have sat in that section previously. They are $30.
    That's decent.

On the matter of away fans. I think they know that grouping them together makes for a better atmosphere and experience.

As usual in SEQLD, I'm expecting a strong Dragons presence.

I really hope the NRL is using this opportunity to develop supporter bases of NSW+Raiders+Warriors clubs. And that involves getting on the phone to the existing supporter groups and offering something. These supporter bases will just grow as people migrate from Sydney to SEQLD.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Jolliffe knows winning the only way to finals appearance
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...ls-appearance/

"Plain and simple we need to win and that is all there is to it."

Jaimin Jolliffe was asked this week about the Titans upcoming run of games and the fact that they are against club's in a similar or lower ladder position.

This week it is the 7th placed St George Illawarra Dragons, while next week it is the Canterbury Bulldogs who sit 16th.

"Basically we need to win if we want to stay in touch and make the eight," Jolliffe said.

"They're going to be tough teams.

"The Bulldogs are playing with a lot of heart and grit at the moment.

"St George, they've been playing pretty well, I'm not too sure on the situation with their players but whoever they run out they're going to be competitive.

The Titans sit on 14 competition points, one win outside of the NRL's top eight.

Aside from Melbourne (1st) and Souths (3rd), the Titans finish the season with match-ups against other teams that are fighting for those final ladder positions.

The Gold Coast side will need to beat the Dragons as well as other finals hopefuls North Queensland, Newcastle and New Zealand on the run home if they're to secure a finals birth.

Jolliffe says the team is aware of the task at hand.

"We're going to be ripping in this week at training and yeah we really need to string them (wins) together."

The Titans will play the Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium, with the relocated St George side to host the round 19 fixture on the Gold Coast.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Jamie Soward previews Dragons v Titans - Round 19
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/23/...ns---round-19/
    St George Illawarra Dragons centre Jack Bird will make his 100th NRL appearance when his side faces Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon

LeagueUnlimited Match Preview: St George Illawarra v Gold Coast preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/363...itans-preview/

Toby Sexton will draw confidence from the way his representative schoolboy teammates have handled the step up to NRL level when he makes his debut for the Titans.

Sexton, who recently signed an upgraded contract with Gold Coast until 2024, has been watching teen stars Sam Walker, Reece Walsh and Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow shine in their rookie NRL seasons while he has been helping the Tweed Seagulls into third place in the Intrust Super Cup.

However, Titans coach Justin Holbrook said the 20-year-old halfback was NRL ready and he will finally get his chance against St George Illawarra on Sunday after Jamal Fogarty was ruled out with a hand injury.

"For Toby it is a great opportunity but he has been ready to go for a while now and it is important for young guys – and particularly halfbacks – that they are playing well for the side they are in and he has done that for Tweed," Holbrook said.

"He has played well in the Queensland Cup every single week and is ready for his opportunity. We have obviously got a lot of confidence in him and are looking forward to him playing."

Dragons v Titans - Round 19Dragons v Titans - Round 19
    Dragons v Titans - Round 19
    The Gold Coast junior was man of the match in Tweed's National under-18s Championship defeat of Illawarra in 2018, which featured the likes of Walsh, Xavier Coates and Brendan Piakura in the Seagulls team.

The Steelers side included playmaker Jayden Sullivan and winger Mat Feagai, who will both line up opposite Sexton on Sunday, as well as Dragons rookies Tyrell Sloan, Talatau Amone and Max Feagai, and Bulldogs centre Aaron Schoupp.

The season so far: Round 13-18The season so far: Round 13-18
    The season so far: Round 13-18
    Sexton also played with Walker, Walsh and Tabuai-Fidow in the 2019 Australian schoolboys team that beat New Zealand.

"He has come through with those guys but is a different type of player," Holbrook said.

"Reece Walsh and Sam Walker are dangerous runners, but Toby is more that organising half with a lot of time in his game and he is very smart type of player.

"He has already got confidence out of seeing those boys handle the top grade really well, so he has just been biding his time and itching for an opportunity, which he now gets."

With Ash Taylor unsigned beyond this season, Sexton has been widely touted as the long-term Gold Coast playmaker but Holbrook is wary of putting added pressure on him ahead of his debut.

Instead, he will be looking for the Titans Origin quartet of AJ Brimson, David Fifita, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and Moeaki Fotuaika to step up as the Gold Coast aim to begin their run towards the finals by beating the seventh-placed Dragons.

Gold Coast are one of eight teams vying for the last two spots in the top eight and sit four points behind St George Illawarra and two points behind eighth-placed Cronulla, with seven rounds to play.

Holbrook said the Titans had "reset" after their round 17 bye in the lead-up to Origin III and were now focused on securing a finals berth.

Race for the eight: Which teams take the last two spots?Race for the eight: Which teams take the last two spots?
    Race for the eight: Which teams take the last two spots?
    "It is good that Origin is over because we had some players in that and they are all really young," he said.

"Queensland winning the last game meant the boys came back with plenty of confidence but they probably didn't play that great against Parramatta last week.

"Now that has settled down and we can get them back into a full week's training, we want to benefit from them playing at a higher level and showing that week to week now.

"One thing that we haven't been this year is consistent, and that's what we have got to get right or we don't deserve to play in the finals."

QLD Cup

I can’t wait to watch this game. IMO this is our best team on paper. Can’t wait to see how we play with GM and Thompson making some decent metres early in the set.

Hoping that Ash steps up and takes some heat off Sexton so he can play his natural game. I’d like to see to a last minute switch between Peachey and Tino as well. Tino has had a big workload recently and Peacheys effectiveness has been down when coming off the bench.

Edit: wrong thread sorry. Mods could you please move?
    Last edited by NZFan; 24-07-21 at 03:04 PM. Reason: By mistake

Captains Run: Titans final touches before Dragons clash
    Photos - https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...dragons-clash/
    Gold Coast Titans put their final touches on their preparation ahead of the clash with the Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I can’t wait to watch this game. IMO this is our best team on paper. Can’t wait to see how we play with GM and Thompson making some decent metres early in the set.

Hoping that Ash steps up and takes some heat off Sexton so he can play his natural game. I’d like to see to a last minute switch between Peachey and Tino as well. Tino has had a big workload recently and Peacheys effectiveness has been down when coming off the bench.
    This is exactly my big concern with having Taylor as his apparent senior halves partner (please help us baby Jesus).
    As I’ve previously stated Taylor’s psyche on this team is our biggest problem IMO and once that burden is removed I expect a real epiphany for the club.
    We have been caught out in our halves depth especially with Tannah Boyd not handling the step-up after a few years in the system.
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 24-07-21 at 01:53 PM.

QLD Cup

Don’t disagree with you Rav but I think that we have babied Ash too much and this could be his opportunity to step out of those holds. We all know he went through a rough time but when he first came here he was the dominant half. Since his mishaps when he left the game he hasn’t been given that opportunity to earn that role back. He’s had Roberts, then Fogarty to take the pressure off him.

Look if he fails then I’ll happily wave him goodbye, but he’s got more talent than any other half we have had at the club since Prince. We’ve seen glimpses of it over the last two seasons. I reckon its worth giving him one last shot to prove to us that he can still be that player.

My thoughts are that Ash will hang him out to dry as he isn't playing footy after this season probably anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Don’t disagree with you Rav but I think that we have babied Ash too much and this could be his opportunity to step out of those holds. We all know he went through a rough time but when he first came here he was the dominant half. Since his mishaps when he left the game he hasn’t been given that opportunity to earn that role back. He’s had Roberts, then Fogarty to take the pressure off him.

Look if he fails then I’ll happily wave him goodbye, but he’s got more talent than any other half we have had at the club since Prince. We’ve seen glimpses of it over the last two seasons. I reckon its worth giving him one last shot to prove to us that he can still be that player.
    NZF I respect your position but I see things from a different angle and it isn’t personal even though it might have sounded so previously.

We are a club and a for profit business and Taylor is a loosing investment no matter what way you look at it so take your loss and move onto your next trade as quick as possible. What you don’t do is get transfixed in the hope that investment will eventually turn around and you definitely don’t invest more into this investment just because it becomes cheaper.

This is where I think the club has made a huge mistake and we can’t comprehend the true detriment it’s had on our playing group and Club

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    NZF I respect your position but I see things from a different angle and it isn’t personal even though it might have sounded so previously.

We are a club and a for profit business and Taylor is a loosing investment no matter what way you look at it so take your loss and move onto your next trade as quick as possible. What you don’t do is get transfixed in the hope that investment will eventually turn around and you definitely don’t invest more into this investment just because it becomes cheaper.

This is where I think the club has made a huge mistake and we can’t comprehend the true detriment it’s had on our playing group and Club
    I think to take this a step further we have really been abysmal at developing halves. Someone has a good season and we are that desperate we back the money truck up. Before Taylor being the next big thing it was Elgey, it was then Sezer, Kelly, the list goes I still think we need an experienced pro (like a Maloney) to lead a Sexton. I’m not convinced Foges can take the pressure off as he has no attacking kicking game. Best case is Turner is a gun and we develop our own Cleary/Luai (as unlikely as that is I can dream)

Rep Player

I mean Sezer left us and took the Raiders to a grand final. I think he’s a genuinely good player and wish we never let him go.

On Taylor I’m pretty much in agreement that he’s nothing more than sunk cost at this stage. Every few weeks he shows flashes of his 2016 brilliance and I’m reminded how much genuine talent he has. I just don’t think he’ll ever put it together and show the consistency and resilience required to be a NRL half.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I mean Sezer left us and took the Raiders to a grand final. I think he’s a genuinely good player and wish we never let him go.

On Taylor I’m pretty much in agreement that he’s nothing more than sunk cost at this stage. Every few weeks he shows flashes of his 2016 brilliance and I’m reminded how much genuine talent he has. I just don’t think he’ll ever put it together and show the consistency and resilience required to be a NRL half.
    Sezer left us because we signed DCE and virtually forced him out of the club, only to end up having DCE backflip on us and Sezer had signed with Canberra.