Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Banned

Corey Thompson played liked Tripe
    What you want him to do

The ball never came to his side
    The passes given to him were ****
    I play the ball fast not like a Donkey like some other team mates

Now now CT you know I love the bloke but take the blinkers off and revisit some of those sideline decisions … and yes I know they weren’t all his making but it wasn’t his best game.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    But come on man, none of us expected a win but we expected a good game. We expected us to be competitive. It was 20-0 at half time, and the scoreline didn't really get better until the last quarter of the game. I for one was (and still am) devastated by that performance, full-strength side, against a team missing their halfback and origin forward. It just wasn't good enough; nowhere near up to standard.
    Yeah, obviously it’s always disappointing. As I said we weren’t good and Parra were very good for portions and the result reflects that. I’m not sure what else you want me to say really GT. The points at half time I’m not that distraught over - the game in 2021 often goes in 15-20 point blocks based on momentum. It’s hard to watch and it’s not what you want but that’s vlandys ball and it happens multiple times every weekend. That doesn’t make it acceptable - I’m just giving some perspective.

The plus side is that Sami, Fogarty and Proctor probs won't be playing for sometime. Hopefully we get to see more Jayden Campbell, Sexton, Stone and Marzhew (once recovered).

I really enjoyed that game. Close game, Tino and Mo played well IMO.

--Edit--

Sorry thought this was the Origin thread.

Ref was a dick but we were never in it from the start, towards the end we were like the mouse being played with by the cat. Expected better but should have known better.

On a positive, 18 weeks in and we have worked out how to use the free interchange when AJ was "hurt", ran off, had a drink, wiped the sweat off and was straight back out there.

Funny Holbrook asking for big things from Fifita this week then benches him for 30 minutes. BK was diabolical, at least when Fermor went into the centres he went inside looking for the ball or defending bombs.

Parra hunted like a pack and we sent one sardine out at a time to be picked off. No one backing up, no one to off load too, Parra (Gutho) always had someone to offload too, we just didn't turn up to play.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kelly, if he must be in this side, is a winger.

First Grader

We had no line speed whatsoever in our first defensive set of the game. They marched down field, nearly getting to our 30m line.

We just weren't going up to meet them and they consistently marched down field. Really hurts as I felt we were in with a big chance before that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Kelly, if he must be in this side, is a winger.
    Yes I believe he is a winger and probably if he conceded this he could go close to SOO.
    Leave him on the wing and give Marsters his crack

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I know emotions are high right now but I think even Melbourne and Penrith would’ve struggled against the Eels in the first half. They were immense. Further, it has been one of those games where every 50/50 has gone against us. It happens. We also lost our halfback and winger but still won the second half against a genuine title contender. Definitely disappointed with the loss but not going to pretend the sky is falling.
    Geez mate I think you are pumping up the Eels a bit there. I thought they were ok but we were tragic. The Eels scored three tries when we had 12 and when both teams had 13 it was two tries each. I certainly wouldn't say that they were immense or even close to the Storm and Panthers.
    With us it was just the usual leaderless stuff with useless efforts from the spine, bar AJ.
    But it is the same every week - wash, rinse, repeat.

First Grader

The Eels ran for 450 metres more than the Titans. They started their sets on their 40 whereas we started our sets on our 10. They were making 60 metres per set to our 30. That is where the game was won and lost and Holbrook rabbited on about the sin bin and how well they played in the 2nd half after the game was already gone.
    The game was won and lost by losing the field position battle and Holbrook has failed to address this issue all season

QLD Cup

I'm not sure if it was a tactic but our defensive line only ever took one step in the first three sets before bracing for impact. Joliffe was the biggest culprit. We were on the back foot right from the very start.

I could not believe my eyes when I read that Clarke was man of the match. What game are people watching? His service was poor and he ran sideways which stifled our attack, didn't dart from dummy half when there were no markers and made more wrong decisions than right ones when we were on attack.

My biggest gripe with Clarke, and it is not something that he will ever be able to fix, is he doesn't have the brains for hooker. He doesn't know how to draw in the markers and doesn't understand that running sideways allows the defensive line to drift. He's also got no feel for the game, which means that often the ball goes the wrong way. To me, he looks like a player that plays hooker because he is too small to play anywhere else and doesn't have the skills to be in the backs.

I was not Fafita's fault that he didn't get the ball last night. If it was a plan to attack the right edge all night then Holbrook should have put him out on the right. If it wasn't then it is Clarke's and Fogarty's for constantly playing to the right.

Not to defend Clark for an average game but the bloke made 53 tackles and missed only 2. He might not be blessed with the smarts of a classy 9 but he works his ass off for the jersey and didn’t stop trying behind a pack that was gassed and halves that don’t know how to properly work with the ball. I get the feeling by observing his body language that he shares a similar sentiment towards our halves that we do on the forum. We still need a top tier 9 but I’m a fan of his work rate, effort and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Not to defend Clark for an average game but the bloke made 53 tackles and missed only 2. He might not be blessed with the smarts of a classy 9 but he works his ass off for the jersey and didn’t stop trying behind a pack that was gassed and halves that don’t know how to properly work with the ball. I get the feeling by observing his body language that he shares a similar sentiment towards our halves that we do on the forum. We still need a top tier 9 but I’m a fan of his work rate, effort and energy.
    I second all of this but I actually he’s a bright young lad who’s trajectory of improvement is fantastic. Yes has some issues but they should iron out with some good coaching. I’m not giving him up for any currently available hookers

As I’ve stated previously I am very slowly seeing some good in Clarke in comparison to our other options too but I’ve given up trying to rally you guys on our defensive shambles. Misreads, poor efforts and Jersey grabbing antics just make me puke. If Holbrook is moving into the sights then the red dot has to be on our defensive coach who should be ashamed to cash his cheque each week. I’m interested to know AJ’s contribution to the defensive alignment from anybody who has been able to hear him during the game.
    Last edited by Titanic; 17-07-21 at 10:35 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

The thing with Clark and the whole team is not effort. It's their application of their effort. We get excited and don't think about the big picture. Need a leader for this. My point in case was herbert last night. We had momentum, he was looking for a quick play of the ball and then delivers the lamest pass ever that dribbled forward. Too excited and not practising control.