Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Is Canberra in lockdown too?

Fairly predictable team. Nice looking bench. Few names that make me shudder every tuesday afternoon. Wonder if Marzhew has injured his elbow or if Sami has somehow held a spot over him. Saw he was strapped up pretty heavy in some photos from last week.

I love AJ but man I was enjoying seeing JC get confidence at the back there. At least the Tweed game is televised on Kayo so we can watch JC & Sexton hopefully carve up the Bronx feeder team on Sunday afternoon.

Rep Player

So is Marzhew injured? Still JC should be there over Sami. Proctor straight into the starting role. Same ole trash. At least Thompson, Fermour and Lisone are back

Says Elbow in brackets against Greg M so Live in hope die in despair I guess

Excited to have Lisone back. Hope Fermor shows he deserves his spot over anyone knocking on the door too.

Feel bad for JC and Mcintyre

VERY forward heavy bench...... 1 back rower and 3 props. Interesting.

Fermor over Mcintyre? What?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Fermor over Mcintyre? What?
    Gone for flexibility over raw skill.

What worries me more is the bench make up indicates Peachey to Hooker to give Clark a rest which means we'll burn Tino out in the first half but expect him to hold solid in the middle. Doesn't work. Tino hasn't had the ticker all year and he's backing up too.

Rep Player

I don't like having Wallace, Tino and Peachey all on the field at the same time. Wallace and Peachey because they're sloppy and struggle under fatigue and Tino because he's still pretty raw in defense and misses a lot of tackles.

Love seeing all these comments on the Gold Coast Titans Instagram saying drop Sami for either Marzhew or Jayden Campbell. Finally the majority have woken up to the liability of Sami

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Love seeing all these comments on the Gold Coast Titans Instagram saying drop Sami for either Marzhew or Jayden Campbell. Finally the majority have woken up to the liability of Sami
    Unfortunately everyone seems to see the liabilities in the team except the coach. Season is dead so may as well bury it as deep as we can

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Unfortunately everyone seems to see the liabilities in the team except the coach. Season is dead so may as well bury it as deep as we can
    I'm surprised more Titans supporters along with the club itself aren't as upset and more importantly, as alarmed as I was after our loss to Manly - not just because of how we lost but because it 100% sealed the deal that we would not be making the 8 this year, which we were touted by many that we would. From here on out it almost feels like another throwaway year with not a lot to look forward to next year or the year after that either given the way the team has plodded this year and the lack of any real significant signings for next year which we've covered a lot already in the other thread.

And the worst part of all is nobody, including the club seems to have any idea on what the root cause of the problem is or how to fix it. How many more years do loyal Titans supporters have to put up with such mediocrity?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 29-06-21 at 08:57 PM.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I'm surprised more Titans supporters along with the club itself aren't as upset and more importantly, as alarmed as I was after our loss to Manly - not just because of how we lost but because it 100% sealed the deal that we would not be making the 8 this year, which we were touted by many that we would. From here on out it almost feels like another throwaway year with not a lot to look forward to next year or the year after that either given the way the team has plodded this year and the lack of any real significant signings for next year which we've covered a lot already in the other thread.

And the worst part of all is nobody, including the club seems to have any idea on what the root cause of the problem is or how to fix it. How many more years do loyal Titans supporters have to put up with such mediocrity?
    Certainly agree with these sentiments and where is Mal in all this. He certainly is missing in action and nowhere to be seen.
    I have yet to see any Improvement in performance and culture for which he is supposedly responsible for
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 30-06-21 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    So is Marzhew injured? Still JC should be there over Sami. Proctor straight into the starting role. Same ole trash. At least Thompson, Fermour and Lisone are back
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...p-marzhew-out/
    Elbow to keep Marzhew out
    Author
    Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Wed 30 Jun 2021, 09:20 AM

After making a big impact on the wing since debuting, Titans flyer Greg Marzhew will miss up to a month through injury.

In three games, Marzhew has three tries and is averaging 158 running metres per game.

Titans High Performance Manger Klint Hoare says Marzhew has already started rehab.

"Greg Marzhew has a four-week return to play program in place after suffering a muscle tendon junction strain of the elbow-tricep," Hoare said.

"Greg will be following a rehab plan like the one he followed earlier in 2021 with a similar injury.

"After debuting in roundnd 13, Greg was naturally initially disappointed but to his credit he has applied himself diligently within his first week of rehab and is determined to be back and firing and available for selection come round 19 at the earliest."

Marzhew is the Titans only injury concern as a number of players re-join the NRL side this week.

"As per our team list, it's exciting to have Corey Thompson, Beau Fermor and Sam Lisone all available and named to have some capacity within the round 16 clash against the Raiders.

"All have followed a varied return to play programs for their individual injuries however myself, the performance team alongside the medical team of Sam Madden and Lyndsey Self are confident that all three will have successful NRL comebacks this weekend."

This game will have to be won off the back of our forward pack. If we can raise and maintain the energy and aggression in the engine room, Taylor and Fogarty should be able to manufacture points through the backs. I know...should be the way we win every game. Sigh...

Bold predictions...

Corey Thompson to get a double. AJ a try, Patrick Herbert to blindside Wighton with a massive legal hit that rattles him badly and puts him out for the rest of the game. Titans go on to defeat raiders 36 - 18.

I'm entirely expecting us to score 30 points in 20 minutes and then still manage to lose by 20