Default In-depth Rugby League knowledge

One thing I'm really interested in is the finer points and tactics of the game.

Being involved with HKRL it has made me think about how do we educate people about the game. How do we teach players the specifics and roles of different positions.

I also really love to hear the views and opinions of forum members about players and games and situations. I really get a lot out of it and I find it eye opening.

Anyway I have been finding some good resources and I came across the NRL Game Plan videos recently..

I thought we could start a thread about all these kinds of topics and share.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 19-06-21 at 02:44 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

What makes a good fullback? | The Game Plan

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Playing with a man in the sin bin | Game Plan | Round 14 | NRL 2021

Defending the goal-line | The Game Plan | Round 6 | NRL 2021

Diehard there is also a good Instagram page which touches more on tactics and strategy both for team plays/structures and individuals. Instagram "footyassistant" (I don't know how to post up their posts on here unfortunately).

They did a good write up on Jayden Campbell showing that he was even in the B Squad in his teens and couldn't crack reps but kept perservering.

But also do other things like explaining what a block play is, outside-in play, defence positioning for wingers.

I think it's a good new section of the forum you've added and the videos you posted are awesome! Reading the forum lately a lot of people have provided input into what our defensive structures should be, and glad we have a specific place to discuss this. When I have kids one day, I hope to be their u9/10s coach think it would be some great fun! Can't wait to see what others will post in here!

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Diehard there is also a good Instagram page which touches more on tactics and strategy both for team plays/structures and individuals. Instagram "footyassistant" (I don't know how to post up their posts on here unfortunately).
    Thanks for the recommendation about footyassistant. I will follow them on insta. Wow, they even added animated videos.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    When I have kids one day, I hope to be their u9/10s coach think it would be some great fun! Can't wait to see what others will post in here!
    That's fantastic. The game needs more people like you. Maybe you can get involved in some coaching and reffing certs. or help out at a local junior club. I'm as involved as I can be with Valleys Diehards in Brisbane.

Speaking of juniors, there also needs to be some age appropriate information and videos on coaching and strategy.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 21-06-21 at 11:38 AM.

I've been following this blokes data analysis for a while and think it is brilliant.

Have a read of this:
    https://www.rugbyleagueeyetest.com/2...ts-and-trends/

With reference to the Titans in particular, look at the distribution of ruck infringements v inside 10m set restarts, by team. And then further by the time on the game clock that they're given.

Very insightful.

Perhaps someone who is well versed in summarising and communicating this kind of information might be able to give a bit of a TLDR summary. Willhelm IIRC this might be up your allley