Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well I’m going to stick up for Sami here.
    I believe he’s been doing some pretty good things and some bad but I think he is being underrated on here.
    His efforts in attack have been good and he’s been making some descent meters and some of his carries are quite strong of late (I’ve seen improvement there that’s for sure).
    Yes his defence and errors needs to improve but how does that make him out of place within this team.
    IMO I think it’s a confidence thing with Sami and I see a lot of upside in him when confidence is high.
    I’m normally pretty tough on our wingers but I can see where you’re coming from Rav. His carries in the past 2-3 weeks have been a lot stronger than in the past. I wonder how much that has to do with the fact that GM is on the other wing and whether Sami has realised that him and Don can’t get away with the same old efforts anymore.

In saying that his defence has been exceptionally poor in that same period and he has managed to duff a couple of tries through lack of execution. Sami still seems a much better option that Don but I can’t see how the coach could justify playing him over either Thompson or GM

Looks as though Fifita only cops a fine and no time on the sidelines?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Looks as though Fifita only cops a fine and no time on the sidelines?
    That's what I just read too. $20000 fine $10k suspended but he has to pay the $10k for the security upgrades to the aggrieved parties house rather than the Club

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...WobQKlOCcDHNlE

Does anyone know if JOJO Fifita has played any games this year any comp and have they got a link for Highlights That they want to share
    I think Sami does ok but I think this season Kelly is way off To me Kelly needs a time away for the NRL or demoted and put on the wing
    I know we do not have other player to put in I dont know the issue with Spry But we do now have Master to put in the centres
    Might just give Kelly the kick he needs
    I still think Herbert needs to be re-signed maybe some more early ball to see what he can do with it no face ball when everyone on him
    I think everyone has GM up to high and will get knock off soon when the miss tackles and error rate climbs up there as well but hopping he proves me wrong
    was it my eyes playing tricks or did Forgarty play better to the left this week?

Apologies if it has already been mentioned but the early game is the QCup between PNG and Burleigh. Something decent for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Apologies if it has already been mentioned but the early game is the QCup between PNG and Burleigh. Something decent for a change.
    Any idea what time it starts or what time we can get in?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Any idea what time it starts or what time we can get in?
    QCup starts at 1.30pm so I assume the gates open just before that. I will update if I find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Awesome. PNG are an entertaining team to watch on any week so it should be a good match.

They had the JTS 17's last weekend as well which was great.

The Hunters have been based on the Coast too havent they?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

NRL.com Preview: Titans v Sea Eagles: Fotuaika back; Turbo returns
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/14/...ces-protocols/

It's a special kind of pain when you lose a match by a field goal so the Titans will want to make up for the one that got away against the Roosters last week with a decisive win over Manly on Sunday.

That will be no easy feat as the Sea Eagles expect to have Tom Trbojevic back in their line-up after a rest following his NSW Origin heroics.

Manly would be feeling pretty chuffed with their 32-point win over the Cowboys last week - their fourth win in their past five matches.

The Titans appear more desperate - both for a win (they've lost their past three) and the change in fortunes that would bring. They were humbled by Cronulla in round 12, but followed up with just a six-point loss to Storm, and then a heartbreaking one-pointer against the Roosters (35-34).

Team news
    Titans: AJ Brimson "should be fit" to play according to the club despite being listed in the reserves. Brimson has a PCL issue that is being monitored.

David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (head knocks) are on track to play with a long turnaround in their favour this week and leading into Origin II.

The Titans have scored an average of 32.8 points per game at Cbus Super Stadium in 2021.

Sea Eagles: Toafofoa Sipley is going through concussion protocols in a bid to play and with a nine-day turnaround is every chance of taking the field.

Tom Trbojevic returns at fullback after being rested last week in a move that will send Reuben Garrick back to the wing and Brad Parker to the centres. Moses Suli is back on the reserves list.

Sean Keppie returns from suspension on the interchange bench with Kurt De Luis on the reserves list.

Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans will play his 250th NRL game.

Key match-up
    Daly Cherry-Evans v Jamal Fogarty: There's bound to be a trickle of ill-feeling still towards Cherry-Evans among some Titans fans over the 2015 back-flip on joining the club. So they will be keen to see how their No.7 matches up against the Test and Origin halfback.

Fogarty racked up 18 points against the Roosters last week - two tries and five goals - but DCE was "Mr Magician" in the Sea Eagles' big win over the Cowboys with two line-break assists, three try assists and 13 tackle busts.

Stat attack
    The Titans are up among the competition heavyweights when it comes to line breaks. They sit fourth in the NRL behind the Storm, Panthers and Roosters. They are also fifth in tries scored (56) but lurking just behind them in sixth place is Manly (55).

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

League Unlimited Gold Coast v Manly preview
    https://leagueunlimited.com/news/361...agles-preview/

Titans v Sea Eagles - Round 15
    https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/18/...es---round-15/
    Sea Eagles captain Daly Cherry-Evans will play his 250th NRL game when Manly take on Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium. Jamie Soward previews the game

Jake T is out, hopefully that stuffs Manlys link in the chain

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Jake T is out, hopefully that stuffs Manlys link in the chain
    Blues forward Jake Trbojevic out of Origin II
    https://www.nrl.com/

Blues coach Brad Fittler announced the news midway through commentary of the Panthers-Roosters clash, having spoken to Trbojevic earlier in the day.

Fittler pointed to Roosters back-rower Angus Crichton as a potential replacement for the Sea Eagles lock, with Crichton missing out on game one through suspension.

"Jake Trbojevic won't be available for State of Origin, he got an injury at training," Fittler said on Channel Nine.

"One of the hard conversations was speaking to Jake Trbojevic after getting an injury. It was just a hip pointer or hip problem.

"He will be available for the next game so he won't be out for too long.

"There are a few playing the weekend but Angus did a terrific job for us last year. He's also played a lot of middle too so that versatility helps."

Brisbane prop Payne Haas or Parramatta's Junior Paulo are expected to be promoted from the interchange to partner Newcastle's Daniel Saifiti in the front row for the Blues.

The NSW team will be announced on Sunday night, with the Blues squad to go into camp at Kingscliff, near the Queensland border, after a number of COVID-19 cases in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

Crichton and Liam Martin's square-off on Friday night had been billed as one of the few contentious selection battles after the Blues 50-6 triumph in Origin I, but Trbojevic's injury opens the potential for both to get starts in the 17.

Melbourne's Dale Finucane and Parramatta's Nathan Brown loom as other replacement options at lock.

COLD COMFORT FOR TITANS
    http://www.gcbulletin.com.au

IF the Titans’ Maroons contingent were seeking all-embracing comfort after Origin I from certain Gold Coast teammates they were sorely mistaken.

Moeaki Fotuaika, David Fifita (pictured), AJ Brimson and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui were all on deck for Queensland’s record-breaking 50-6 thumping by the Blues. “I’m a NSW man so I enjoyed the game a lot,” Port Macquarie Sharks junior and Titans backrower Sam McIntyre teased this week. The 23-year-old, though, did offer some respite. “But it wasn’t good to see the boys go down,” he said of the Titans quartet. “Moey played well and was their best player.”