Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    100%, I thought our dumb errors were a lot better against the Roosters but in saying that Proctor should have seen 10 in the bin for his head shot but was only penalised instead so maybe the ref had his whistle in his pocket. I can't remember giving away a 6 again to be honest either.
    We were definitely much better penalty and repeat set wise but it was really again the decision making (like against the storm that let us down). fifitas knock on after we took the lead (just tuck and run and wind the clock down), Sami not just going ball and all on Ikavalus sideline try (again that’s on Sami but FFS that was an easy tackle into touch) and finally peachys silly sideways run and no look pass which foges should of taken but we should of just been pushing straight ahead to field goal range . 3 x major mistakes that a high IQ team doesn’t make

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    I think we have pretty much exhausted what we can do halves wise unless you bring AJ in. I’d kick Sami out for JC. I like Stone in over Proctor in any team moving forward. I still would of given Marsters a crack over BK after the storm game but that ain’t happening.

The halves just need to step up. It’s obvious where their shortcomings are “5th tackle, varied playmaking, taking the line on, getting our backline organised” like FFS blind Freddy can see what our shortcomings are yet they don’t seem to be addressed each week.

3 things and we are 75% better

1. Defensive line/marking up: Move up off your line. Stay straight. Trust the ****ing bloke outside you abs stop coming in and tighten up around the ruck (again mark the **** up)

2. Silly mistakes/penalties/capitalising. We are a low IQ team. If we have structure we stop the dumb mistakes. Stop lying on the player as the rules have changed. Finally you cant have 65% of possession and come away with 4 points. The NFL talks about if all the time what is your red zone conversion. When we get 20m out I reckon we would be 2 every 10 at best.

3 (which links 1&2 in). Playmaking. FFS 6,7,9 needs to take charge. 9 needs to get us rolling and has the forwards running with momentum (you can’t have Tino and Fifita flat footed). Then it’s Upto 6,7 to direct the team. I’m sorry the stock ball to proctor doesn’t work. Hasn’t worked once. Just kills momentum. Where is the attacking kicks? Where is the repeat sets? Where is a giant like Marzhew running onto a ball at full speed 5 out? It has been pathetic. Too many times our mistakes come from someone trying to manufacture something and the ball goes down.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.
    Solid post mate, I think points 2 and 3 in particular are consistently killing our chances and a few changes to key positions would see some dramatic improvement. I really don't think we're that far off where we all were expecting us to be but our lack of 9, 6 and 7 has had a spotlight put on it and our inability to build pressure is disallowing us to swing any momentum when it goes against us. A lot of this squad are doing their job week-in week-out and it's pretty demoralising.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Who is saying Sexton is a year or two away? Heck, he has been in our top 30 for 2 years now. He is currently playing against men. He has a good all round game from what I have seen but I have only been to two Seagulls games this year. If he is good enough he is ready.

I listened to an interview with Craig Bellamy last night and he made a very strong point regarding the current game. He said that, with the speed of the game now, the positions of 9,6 7 and 1 become even more important. The 9, 6 and 7 must be able to get in behind the defensive line with their speed and ball playing and quick play the ball and the fullback must be able to come into the line and play as a playmaker. It’s all No sh$t Sherlock stuff but when he says that your hooker and your halves must be the major points of attack and then you think back to what we currently have….oh well.
    Looking forward to Turner next year but really concerned about our hooking prospects until Bryant or Sikahele come through ( if they are good enough)
    Sexton has exceeded my expectations this year in ISC but he has defensively really struggled at times particularly on the goal line and that would be the only thing holding him back I'd imagine.

What you've shared about Bellamy's thoughts on the spine positions is really interesting. The game has moved past a passive, purely organisational half and I think this is where Jamal's shortcomings are becoming obvious.

I usually always give juniors the priority of pathway but we're desperate to go to market for a 9. Sikahele isn't even contracted beyond this year and is only doing the JTS program, and Bryant has a long way to go defensively to even be in the conversation. Cole Geyer was the one we should've gone after but for some reason the club has never shown any interest.

Back to talking about footy and whinging about player selections.

Brimson in for Whitbread please and this is a new ball game. Halves on notice to perform or hook

Inactive User

MT what merchandise are u wearing on Sunday??

Quote Originally Posted by coreythompson View Post
    I'm still wondering how Sami got picked for Origin over Thompson last year.
    I would have even picked Kurt Capewell on the wing over Sami or even Sam Kasiano
    I 100% agree with this, would also consider Christian Welch over Sami.

But in all seriousness how is he bloody selected again, I actually don't get what anyone has seen in him. He doesn't finish off tries like most of the nrl wingers can diving into the corner, he can barely step a defender, can't make any metres bringing the ball back (usually loses metres) and is a horrible defender. It's not like he is always backing up in support or really changing the momentum of the game through his talk, he's a complete passenger. I'm just hoping we find a way for Jayden Campbell, Thompson and Marzhew to keep him out of the team or recruit externally.

The only wingers available outside of Sami is Jonus Pearson or Anthony Don

I’m sure we all remember last time Jonus played V Manly.

Sami and Proctor are Zillman/Hendo selection vibes of the past
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 15-06-21 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post

But in all seriousness how is he bloody selected again, I actually don't get what anyone has seen in him. He doesn't finish off tries like most of the nrl wingers can diving into the corner, he can barely step a defender, can't make any metres bringing the ball back (usually loses metres) and is a horrible defender. It's not like he is always backing up in support or really changing the momentum of the game through his talk, he's a complete passenger. I'm just hoping we find a way for Jayden Campbell, Thompson and Marzhew to keep him out of the team or recruit externally.
    What will really hurt if Greg gets dropped and Sami moves wings when Corey is back. That will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    The only wingers available outside of Sami is Jonus Pearson or Anthony Don

I’m sure we all remember last time Jonus played V Manly.

Sami and Proctor are Zillman/Hendo selection vibes of the past
    Lol I forgot about the Zillman days, what felt like so long back then now feels so far away.

I would take either of those above Sami. Could look at Treymaine into centre (I still don't know what his off-field indiscretion was) and move BK to the wing. Still have to find a way to fit Jayden and AJ in the starting squad.

You're describing Don and Sami but Sami makes twice as many metres per run. we don't really have anyone else
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post

Well I’m going to stick up for Sami here.
    I believe he’s been doing some pretty good things and some bad but I think he is being underrated on here.
    His efforts in attack have been good and he’s been making some descent meters and some of his carries are quite strong of late (I’ve seen improvement there that’s for sure).
    Yes his defence and errors needs to improve but how does that make him out of place within this team.
    IMO I think it’s a confidence thing with Sami and I see a lot of upside in him when confidence is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    MT what merchandise are u wearing on Sunday??
    I will be dressed by the House of Dynasty. My Dynasty Titans polo and perhaps my Dynasty Manly members cap (Dynasty are the Manly suppliers as well) which can be easily removed if the Titans win. Accompaying that will be a pair of Just Jeans fashion jeans meeting up with some Sketchers walk shoes. A fashion statement for sure.
    .....also wearing some red boxing gloves in case I run across Wilhelm......

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I will be dressed by the House of Dynasty. My Dynasty Titans polo and perhaps my Dynasty Manly members cap (Dynasty are the Manly suppliers as well) which can be easily removed if the Titans win. Accompaying that will be a pair of Just Jeans fashion jeans meeting up with some Sketchers walk shoes. A fashion statement for sure.
    Shall I dress as your wife then?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I’ll be looking out for those gloves MT

I can't agree that Sami is worthy of praise if what we are seeing is his "improved" effort. The sooner we see the back of him with CT's return the better we are as a team.

MT and Will, meet under the train tracks at 3pm and sort it out there. 'Nuff said about that now please.