Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    My opinion only but there is absolutely no way that even Marsters could be as bad as the way Kelly has performed over the past month or so. Let's not forget it's not just his defence but he's blowing tried down his side as well. He's cooked...give him a breather in QLD cup to give him a bit of confidence back.
    Nicely said GT

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Nicely said GT
    I'm on my phone so grammar is crap. I edited it.

Hasn't Masters already got some half descent combination history with Corey and isn't the consensus that Masters excels on the left side?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I'm all for accountability but I've said it before, dropping players to prove a point is not good coaching if the replacement doesn't improve the team. Quite simply it comes down to 1) is that player showing they are capable at training and 2) are they performing well enough at ISC level. Obviously none of us see what happens at training on and intimate level but a few here watch ISC (myself included) and I'm yet to see anyone suggest that our depth players are performing well wnough to be pushing for a spot. Or, they're players we have brought up before and they've shown nothing (i.e. Pearson).
    Well said HS hit the nail on the head, I echo your thoughts you make some very valid points

First Grader

The place stinks of lack of accountability. The coach doesn’t demand it by way of his continued selections of players who make the same mistakes each week. He continues to reward poor performers.

Unless the coach demonstrates that unacceptable performance will result in demotion, then the place will remain a train wreck.

The buck starts at the top and Holbrook has todate shown through his selections that reputations mean more than performance.

And where is Mal at this time of crisis. - MIA as usual

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    My opinion only but there is absolutely no way that even Marsters could be as bad as the way Kelly has performed over the past month or so. Let's not forget it's not just his defence but he's blowing try opportunities down his side as well. He's cooked...give him a breather in QLD cup to give him a bit of confidence back.
    This exactly.

His defence cannot be any worse
    His hungry for an opportunity
    It will light a fire under Kelly
    Also shows the rest of the team lack of effort won't be tolerated

I can handle blokes trying and failing. I cannot handle blokes low on effort that continually keep getting run.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/am...7cf7c5f75f4887

For those of us "lucky" enough to be at the ground but couldn't hear the exchange between DCE and Atkins when, I for one assumed, it was a "if you keep giving away infringements someone will go to the bin" but alas it was a "stop being so damn annoying"

I wasn’t able to comment yesterday as I had no words. I wasn’t excited at half time as the ease that Manly scored in the first half had me concerned what might happen if they got some ball but I never expected them to get on a roll like that.
    The overlaps are hugely disappointing and it is a total breakdown in the defensive system. There always seems to be someone shooting out of the line and causing chaos for those outside them. It wasn’t even the same players, it was 2nd rowers, half’s, centre’s and of course that leaves the winger in no mans land and he joins in. This is a huge slap down for Dymock amd he needs to be made accountable.
    Then you have efforts like BK, he shot out and actually made contact but instead of wrapping and making the tackle tries to put a hit on and gets bumped off leading to the try. Just sums up his efforts lately.
    I don’t know how much more I will be able to watch off this inept ****e.

Some really good points there Ozy and having just sat through the highlights, you're on the money about different players making the wrong decision defensively but it happening so often there only common demoninator is the system. We're miscounting numbers on some occasions, then others our marker is too slow to get across so the backrower or Jamal end up jamming on the wrong guy bringing the rest of the edge in. Then JC will make up the numbers on the shortside but 3rd and 4th man are too slow to move across. Then Marzhew makes the wrong call to jam on the centre.

Just so much going wrong its really going to be difficult to fix.

I heard one of the players being interviewed recently and he said that this was the same system that worked so well last year. So if that is true then it goes to show that the coaches are totally missing the fact be that the opposition have worked it out and are just scoring at will. Coaches are constantly reviewing opposing teams defensive structures and it would appear every team in the comp has worked out how to beat us and yet we cling to a system because it “worked last year”.

Speaking of the highlights.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XmvcE4m_xls" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

To me it’s attitude. I’m not seeing a band of brothers that are in synch with each other and committed to an ethos and cause.
    Something happened over the summer.

Big names, big expectations, less attention to detail on the basics like attitude, team work and resoluteness.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Forced myself to re watch this game to see what went wrong. I'd encourage everybody to do the same and focus in on Fogarty. Four of the Manly tries involved Fogarty turning in when he should have trusted his inside man. By doing so he forced the players outside of him to come in which ultimately left the over lap. He has no lateral movement so cannot bounce out on players when we makes a bad read and Herbert knows that. Don't get me wrong Herbert was particularly bad as well, but it starts from the intent on the inside.

Fogarty's other points of notice were the six again again he gave on Lawton when the momentum was really turning against us and a poorly executed kick on the forth tackle to Saab, which was the first time that we had had the ball in 10min. Simply put, Fogarty is not first grade material, and especially not captain material.

Another thing that really annoyed me was there was no attempt to slow the momentum in the second half. It took us until 5 min to go until we decided not to kick deep to the left off the kick off (They had already scored 50 points by then); nobody went down with an "injury"; and the captains challenge wasn't used. Good teams know that they can slow the game and stem the flow with these tactics, we just kept playing the same plays over again hoping for different results.

On the positive side, watching Campbell in the first half was truely exciting. He is something special.

Inactive User

NZ thanks for taking one for the team. No way could I sit through it again.