Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    First Grader

To be clear by the blow torch comments on holbrook.

I fully support him and believe he is the coach for us. I just don't support consistently picking the same players as in BK when they just spent money to bring esan masters here. He may not be able to defend but kelly hasn't been able to for atleast 7 rounds now (if not longer). He consistently cost us atleast 2 trys a game.

The titans run of 2 wins out of 10 has got practically no publicity from the media and maybe that is as no1 gives a **** about the titans im not sure but I feel holbrook would of been more likely to make some changes if the media blow torch was on him abit.

The fact BK couldn't wrap dce up was one thing but that try where he was ahead of the 2nd rower then got completely out efforted was absolutely a slap in the face to us fans.

I would rather give another guy a go and fail then continue to fail with the same bloke who is showing NO improvement what so ever.

/ End rant

First Grader

The problem with Holbrook is he keeps on rewarding players who continually not perform and having a dig.

It sets poor performance as the acceptable standard of the club as it rewards players for poor performance without consequences. It also does not motivate players trying to get into the team.

The only time players have got into the team is due to injuries.

The standard that Holbrook is allowing the club to play is just not acceptable

Hard to blame the coach completely when the team consistently establishes leads or runs them down. A lot more logical to stick it to the (1) players who drop their attention to detail, (2) on field leadership for the hands on hips lip dropping behind the goal line, (3) defensive systems for their lack of cohesion, (4) giving Fifita and Tino huge minutes when they are obviously gassed like normal humans, (5) every coach knows that wingers should defend outside their opponent when systems fail, boxing the opposition into less width, forcing them back inside and into the cover defense. Of course that means people actually have to tackle.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This fanbase will give Holbrook zero credit when this team is up 24-8 at HT but somehow it's solely his fault when we get 50 put on us in the second half, as if he decided to inject each member of the 17 personally with horse tranquilizers in the sheds.

Blaming the coach has seemed to almost always be an abyss-tier level criticism that requires minimal thought process, as if it is an attempt to find comfort in avoiding the real issue/s with this football team, which, let's face it when a team decides it's a great idea to throw multiple quality leads in the first halves of games when we're barely at the half-way point of the season, you have a much deeper issue than just 'who should we sign to play 6' or 'why doesn't Holbrook just drop Brian Kelly?'.

As for the game. Diabolical. Won't be tuning in again for a while. Jayden Campbell is fun to watch though I suppose.
    Last edited by NZTITAN; 21-06-21 at 01:26 AM.

I can recognise that the team changes to have Peachey in at 13 was a good idea. When Peachey became the first receiver on nearly every play and Peachey and JC were the only players that had any Try Assists then I question who pulled Peachey off rather than either under performing half. To then move a gassed FRF into the lock position had me confused as well. Tino is one of our worst middle defenders because the expectation on him is too high and we gas him. Again, when we had the momentum in the first half, Manly went to the bench first to replace their forwards. We just played them for a couple of extra sets to really squeeze that last bit of blood out of them.

Never understood why we do interchanges at half time either.

Not calling for the head coaches head but our defensive coach should be in front of the board with a justification on why he has a job come the end of the day.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by NZTITAN View Post
    This fanbase will give Holbrook zero credit when this team is up 24-8 at HT but somehow it's solely his fault when we get 50 put on us in the second half, as if he decided to inject each member of the 17 personally with horse tranquilizers in the sheds.

Blaming the coach has seemed to almost always be an abyss-tier level criticism that requires minimal thought process, as if it is an attempt to find comfort in avoiding the real issue/s with this football team, which, let's face it when a team decides it's a great idea to throw multiple quality leads in the first halves of games when we're barely at the half-way point of the season, you have a much deeper issue than just 'who should we sign to play 6' or 'why doesn't Holbrook just drop Brian Kelly?'.

As for the game. Diabolical. Won't be tuning in again for a while. Jayden Campbell is fun to watch though I suppose.
    While I will always agree with the age old adage that the coach isn’t out there playing, as others have said his selections each week are heading scratching. How BK got another game after his selfishness against the storm is beyond me but he hasn’t repayed his coaches faith. It doesn’t set the standard.

Look I know we are about as deep as a puddle but Holbrook can’t keep trotting out the same players every week and hope for something different. The season is gone but how badly depends on these last games. You don’t make the 8 yes it’s disappointing but if they trot out **** like that second half say bye bye to sponsors, schools, members etc no one wants to support losers .

The longer he continues to set the standard that games like our last 6 weeks are enough to get you picked again I think fairly deserves some scrutiny.

Agreed though our football operations needs to be torn down, run over with a magnifying glass and rebuilt at a high standard. Be like the storm. The second you accept mediocrity and close enough is good enough then you have already lost.

Dymock on he other hand categorically needs to go. And where is Mal during all this?
    Last edited by 5 Year Contract; 21-06-21 at 07:22 AM.

I'm all for accountability but I've said it before, dropping players to prove a point is not good coaching if the replacement doesn't improve the team. Quite simply it comes down to 1) is that player showing they are capable at training and 2) are they performing well enough at ISC level. Obviously none of us see what happens at training on and intimate level but a few here watch ISC (myself included) and I'm yet to see anyone suggest that our depth players are performing well wnough to be pushing for a spot. Or, they're players we have brought up before and they've shown nothing (i.e. Pearson).

The thing is, you'd think Marsters defence, while not great, would have to be better than anything Kelly has dished up over the past month. And how Mcintyre dropped out of the side I'll never know.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-06-21 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The thing is, you'd think Marsters defence, while not great, would have to be better than anything Kelly has dished up over the past month. And how Mcintyre dropped out of the side I'll never know.
    Have you seen Marsters play ISC?

I agree about Mcintyre. Then again yesterdays game it mightn't have made that much of a difference with how & where we leaked points.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Have you seen Marsters play ISC?

I agree about Mcintyre. Then again yesterdays game it mightn't have made that much of a difference with how & where we leaked points.
    Admittedly no...is he even worse than Kelly? Then why did we bother signing him?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-06-21 at 09:12 AM.

I'm all for accountability but I've said it before, dropping players to prove a point is not good coaching if the replacement doesn't improve the team. Quite simply it comes down to 1) is that player showing they are capable at training and 2) are they performing well enough at ISC level. Obviously none of us see what happens at training on and intimate level but a few here watch ISC (myself included) and I'm yet to see anyone suggest that our depth players are performing well enough to be pushing for a spot. Or, they're players we have brought up before and they've shown nothing (i.e. Pearson).
    If only Fermor wasn't injured. hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Admittedly no...is he even worse than Kelly? Then why did we bother signing him?
    Should have swapped him for Ese'Ese IMO

Pretty similar. Maybe better in the contact but decision making isn't flash. Needs a good defenisve system and ours is well...not that good.

I gather it was a cheap and quick solution to get some experience into a position where we lacked depth. Spry being unavailable (and potentially not even contracted) meant we had no one outside of Herbert and Kelly that could play centre.

First Grader

Would Craig Bellamy or Robinson continually pick kelly? Or after his lack of effort would they select someone else, perhaps without the attacking nous but atleast fighting for every play?

We have every right to criticise the selections of certain players. We were good at the end of last season as every player was fighting for positions, which in turn became fighting for each other. As soon as a try is scored they all look up at the replay to see whose mistake it was, the players see the effort some others are putting in and it is clear when you see it live how frustrated they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Would Craig Bellamy or Robinson continually pick kelly? Or after his lack of effort would they select someone else, perhaps without the attacking nous but atleast fighting for every play?

We have every right to criticise the selections of certain players. We were good at the end of last season as every player was fighting for positions, which in turn became fighting for each other. As soon as a try is scored they all look up at the replay to see whose mistake it was, the players see the effort some others are putting in and it is clear when you see it live how frustrated they are getting.
    Who could they pick?

You can criticise all you like but at least provide a solution with some rationale supporting your solution.

Who could they pick?

You can criticise all you like but at least provide a solution with some rationale supporting your solution.
    My opinion only but there is absolutely no way that even Marsters could be as bad as the way Kelly has performed over the past month or so. Let's not forget it's not just his defence but he's blowing try opportunities down his side as well. He's cooked...give him a breather in QLD cup to give him a bit of confidence back.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 21-06-21 at 09:30 AM.