Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Immortal

The curtain raiser to the NRL match tomorrow will showcase some of the best young players in the great Titans JTS program when a Titans U17 side plays a Titans Northern Rivers U18 squad in a great initiative from the Titans.

The match kicks off at 12.30 so if you are heading to the match, please see if you can get to the game a bit earlier to see the next generation of Titans, no doubt that the players will produce a great display and the crowd support would also be big for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    The curtain raiser to the NRL match tomorrow will showcase some of the best young players in the great Titans JTS program when a Titans U17 side plays a Titans Northern Rivers U18 squad in a great initiative from the Titans.

The match kicks off at 12.30 so if you are heading to the match, please see if you can get to the game a bit earlier to see the next generation of Titans, no doubt that the players will produce a great display and the crowd support would also be big for them.
    What a wonderful initiative. Following our juniors is almost a sport in-itself and one that is starting to reap rewards.

Could you explain to me the difference between this U17 side and the U18 from the Northern Rivers? How does it fit together?
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Immortal

The U17 side in the main will be contracted players in the JTS program from across South East Queensland and Northern NSW whilst the Northern Rivers U18 squad will be made up primarily of the best U18 players from the Group 18 and Group One regions who are not U17 contracted to the Titans.

There may be one or two Titans contracted 18 year olds in the Northern Rivers side but I think that the majority of the side will be players that the Titans think deserve an opportunity to see how far they can go.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    What a wonderful initiative. Following our juniors is almost a sport in-itself and one that is starting to reap rewards.

Could you explain to me the difference between this U17 side and the U18 from the Northern Rivers? How does it fit together?

Brimmo out, Campbell in

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Brimmo out, Campbell in
    Gee whiz. AJ didn’t play many mins on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post

This is great. There is some real talent in that JTS U17 age group. Thanks mdrew.

I see the Titans have posted an article about it too:
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/...urday-at-cbus/

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Gee whiz. AJ didn’t play many mins on Wednesday.
    To be honest it looked like he was still carrying his leg injury in the Origin match

Knee niggle for AJ I think

It's weird because I was watching after-game footage of AJ and Grant sitting next to each other in the dressing sheds; Grant had a massive ice pack on his leg while AJ didn't have any strapping or ice on any part of his body. Either way, even if he didn't play many minutes, I'm glad he's getting a rest if that knee isn't 100%.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-06-21 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    It's weird because I was watching after-game footage of AJ and Grant sitting next to each other in the dressing sheds; Grant had a massive ice pack on his leg while AJ didn't have any strapping or ice on any of his body. Either way, even if he didn't play many minutes, I'm glad he's getting a rest if that knee isn't 100%.
    Agreed mate

Looks like Joe Vuna might be getting the nod as well for some more game time off the bench. Liked his energy on both sides of the ball last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Agreed mate

Looks like Joe Vuna might be getting the nod as well for some more game time off the bench. Liked his energy on both sides of the ball last week.
    Million dollar man having a rest?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Million dollar man having a rest?
    Think Holbrook confirmed this afternoon that both Tino and Fifita will be backing up and playing. But AJ definitely out

Inactive User

Won’t be able to post till later tonight. I’m expecting us to lose comfortably today. Easts will have done a lot of work on our defensive issues. But you never know in sports.

Inactive User

Won’t be able to post till later tonight. I’m expecting us to lose comfortably today. Easts will have done a lot of work on our defensive issues. But you never know in sports.

Titans v Roosters, Saturday 3.00pm at Cbus Super Stadium
    Titans: AJ Brimson is out after a review following Origin. Jayden Campbell comes in at fullback for his second NRL match.

Prop Moeaki Fotuaika will miss the match after copping a one-match ban for a dangerous contact charge arising out of Origin I. Jaimin Joliffe moves into the starting side at prop.

The club's other Origin reps – David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui - remain in the squad.

Winger Anthony Don (hip) and hooker Mitch Rein (shoulder) have been listed among the reserves after both were ruled out of the clash with Melbourne and could be late inclusions.

Roosters: James Tedesco and Siosiua Taukeiaho is out of the side. Tedesco failed a fitness test on Saturday morning on the hip pointer injury he sustained in Round 12, which was exacerbated in Wednesday's State of Origin I win.

Joseph Manu will move to fullback with Joseph Suaalii coming into the starting side at centre, while Fletcher Baker will line up at prop.

Isaac Liu has been included after a nasty eye injury in round 12, while Sam Walker is back in the No.7 jersey after being rested.

As well as Taukeiaho, Tuku Hau Tapuha was left out 24 hours before kick-off.

Veteran prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves will play his 250th NRL game.