Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

I think we need to remember where we were, truely at the bottom of the bottom and turning this ship arround isnt going to be a short term fix

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Great post, especially the part in bold.

I do ask though to the people defending shamus here, are you absolutely fine as paying members seeing players of your team go out there and give half-assed efforts like Sami did on Ikavalu yesterday, Kelly did the week before and Proctor does from week to week? How is that not their fault? It's completely in their control and if they don't want to put the effort in then that's on them as far as I'm concerned. Constantly giving them a free pass only sets us up for more mediocrity, just like the past decade of it at this club. People may not like to hear that, but it's true. Either put in, or p-off.

I get called out a lot on here for being the negative guy, which is fair enough but in the end, have I really been far from the truth? What positives have there been to take out of this club from the past 10 years? I'm sorry but if the club doesn't want to fix this crap after a decade then diehard fans like me have every right to be pee-d off (notice I'm not swearing? Because I received a polite PM from a mod to tone my swearing down). Quite honestly, if you're offended by a bunch of censored words/asterix's (****) on a sporting team forum, then maybe the internet isn't for you.
    I agree with every word gt101, and I have no problem ripping in to players when they don't perform. Like you I am sick of the mediocrity and the apparent lack of resolve to change. I was one in agreement with Shamus, in that, when the team doesn't perform by all means call players out but why add some names. Just me, but I think we should be a bit more loyal than that. As an aside, and I digress, when we get our women's team, if I come here and refer to the fat player in number 8 and add a name....well won't the pc brigade be all over me. That may be fair enough too, so should we hold the same standards to our nrl players?

As for you being called the negative one, a few of us have had that tag thrown at us over the years. Water off a ducks back. Hell, today I was even called humourless, but that was from Colonel (Wilhelm) Klink, so more water off a ducks back.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I agree with every word gt101, and I have no problem ripping in to players when they don't perform. Like you I am sick of the mediocrity and the apparent lack of resolve to change. I was one in agreement with Shamus, in that, when the team doesn't perform by all means call players out but why add some names. Just me, but I think we should be a bit more loyal than that. As an aside, and I digress, when we get our women's team, if I come here and refer to the fat player in number 8 and add a name....well won't the pc brigade be all over me. That may be fair enough too, so should we hold the same standards to our nrl players?

As for you being called the negative one, a few of us have had that tag thrown at us over the years. Water off a ducks back. Hell, today I was even called humourless, but that was from Colonel (Wilhelm) Klink, so more water off a ducks back.
    When the re-signing of AJ was announced, GT101 complained that it was a year too long.

You are so humourless that even Titanic called you on it recently.

I like banter and cheeky jabs, deal with it instead of getting your panties in a bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    When the re-signing of AJ was announced, GT101 complained that it was a year too long.

You are so humourless that even Titanic called you on it recently.

I like banter and cheeky jabs, deal with it instead of getting your panties in a bunch.
    It was my opinion, hardly call it complaining and you just had to make some smart-alec remark because you didn't agree with it. It's the same thing as when I've often questioned some of the club's signings in the past, I always cop it for being objective rather than blindly following along and praising every single decision the club makes.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 14-06-21 at 06:28 AM.

@GT are you suggesting most of us blindly follow and praise the club? Or is that directed at willhelm?
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 14-06-21 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    @GT are you suggesting most of us blindly follow and praise the club? Or is that directed at willhelm?
    No, and I never said that in my post. But there are certain posters on this forum who would rather insult you, either aggressively or passive-aggressively for presenting a different opinion on something rather than discuss it in a civil manner. Those people know who they are.

No, and I never said that in my post. But there are certain posters on this forum who would rather insult you, either aggressively or passive-aggressively for presenting a different opinion on something rather than discuss it in a civil manner. Those people know who they are.
    All good mate. Apologies if I misunderstood.

Inactive User

The ignore button is a beautiful thing GT. I have just two on my ignore list and it’s made my life so much better here.

To answer your question more specifically HS, I shouldn't have said all decisions but rather, it seems a lot of them. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and those few people just don't have any more room for negativity or scepticism for this club and it has nothing to do with the blind following part. But either way, a healthy dose of scepticism never hurt anyone. Just look at the signings thread for example where I hated the idea of SJ coming here, but both MT, yourself and JB made some really good points to convince me otherwise. I'd much rather that than to be confronted with some dumb, sarcastic or sky remark.

I hope that makes sense.

Rep Player

It was my opinion, hardly call it complaining and you just had to make some smart-alec remark because you didn't agree with it. It's the same thing as when I've often questioned some of the club's signings in the past, I always cop it for being objective rather than blindly following along and praising every single decision the club makes.
    We all think we’re being objective. Sometimes the overwhelming negativity is a drag though. I think most of us were overjoyed with the news about AJ and it’s just a buzzkill when there’s that one guy looking for any excuse to be negative. I don’t think there’s anyone here who would blindly praise everything our club does, and if they do they need to get their head checked. We can’t be all negative or all positive all the time and need to judge each event on its merits.

Re: smart alec remarks, sure I’ll admit to that. That’s just me. Instead of getting worked up why not sass me back. It’s like when the JDB charges were dropped and I joked in the signing thread “Jack de Belin anyone?”. MT got up me for it and has apparently been holding a grudge since. Lighten up or you’re going to have a tough time being a Titans fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The ignore button is a beautiful thing GT. I have just two on my ignore list and it’s made my life so much better here.
    I use it on other forums but wasn't aware it existed here. Tbh I'd rather try and bury the hatchet first and if that doesn't work then yeah I'll definitely start using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Is that why you've been ignoring my flirty DM's

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post

I think we have called a few male players fat but that was in direct reference to the amount of weight they were playing with. To identify someone as the fat chick in number 8 is different to referring to a player for their illegal off field discretions. If Greg Bird was at an age to come back some people would have issue with having a bloke here that allegedly glassed his girlfriend and may refer to him in that light. If Jarryd is ever found not guilty he would never not wear the moniker as being a rapist no matter what club he played for.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think we have called a few male players fat but that was in direct reference to the amount of weight they were playing with. To identify someone as the fat chick in number 8 is different to referring to a player for their illegal off field discretions. If Greg Bird was at an age to come back some people would have issue with having a bloke here that allegedly glassed his girlfriend and may refer to him in that light. If Jarryd is ever found not guilty he would never not wear the moniker as being a rapist no matter what club he played for.
    We most definitely should be looking to sign Chelsea Lenarduzzi to be our NRLW number 8.

Enough now lads this is not the place for such debate … why not create a Fight Club thread and then anybody can call anybody out and you can go there for this sort of stuff … that should make some good reading. The mods could even relocate postings there. Also there is such a thing as a Private Message for those who strongly believe somebody has wronged their sensitivity. And finally “sticks and stones …. “
    Last edited by Titanic; 14-06-21 at 10:37 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.