Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

So ****in frustrating that when this team just decides to flat-out lock the **** in for a stretch, we are easily one of the scariest most damaging sides in the game.

God what an opportunity gone missing, add it to the Broncos and Souths games.

Fuming.

QLD Cup

I don’t think Peachey can be blamed for playing eyes up football. It wasn’t the best play but he made a lot of plays prior that were low percentage but payed off. Fogarty just had to hold it

I’ll be stuffed if I’m happy about any of that crap. It took complacency and a send off to get us into the game then we get beaten by an U8’s mistake and a kid … really hating every second of it.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Disgraceful performance when everything is considered.
    Only this dumb…dumb…dumb team coundn't go on with it.
    I for the first time am starting to question the coach because he keeps putting up with this pathetic bull****.
    Yes great spectacle but yet another loss with very poor performances that just are not good enough.
    We're pretty well ****ed every which way because Hurricane will reward the near comeback that never was because we are to ****ing stupid to win ****.
    No I do not feel warm and fuzzy by the come back…HOPELESS!

Peachey gets a pass mark he is one of our best on field today, Fogarty was running a line in front of him and should have caught it being a nrl halfback

The near comeback does run the risk of masking what was a woeful outing. The game was there on a platter even before sin bin, if we were playing with any direction and purpose.

I think your neutral NRL fan would have found the end a lot more enjoyable. But for Titans fans being a circus oddity won't help us going forward. It doesn't change anything for us.

I'd feel more happy about winning because it'd mean beating the Roosters than I would have about a victory in those circumstances to our team.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I heard Vossy say a very telling stat about us in that second half...not one line droppout for us all game. That's disgraceful. It's no wonder our forwards are always tired and falling off tackles, having to do all the tackling because of a failure to build pressure on the opposition down their own end.

Dare I say Ash has looked a lot better than Fogarty who, yeah I'll say it, is not playing at NRL standard right now. He is absolute mud.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-06-21 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Disgraceful performance when everything is considered.
    Only this dumb…dumb…dumb team coundn't go on with it.
    I for the first time am starting to question the coach because he keeps putting up with this pathetic bull****.
    Yes great spectacle but yet another loss with very poor performances that just are not good enough.
    We're pretty well ****ed every which way because Hurricane will reward the near comeback that never was because we are to ****ing stupid to win ****.
    No I do not feel warm and fuzzy by the come back…HOPELESS!
    I don't know what game you just watched but I would not call our effort disgraceful. We had a crack. We lost but our effort and defence are getting better. The only thing I would question is fogarty's decision making on the last.

Was the comeback due to playing to the game plan or was it the players just going with what they saw….seems the latter to me which is a concern

- - - Updated - - -

Roosters had plenty out, so I lean towards disgraceful and we are lucky the Roosters clocked off

I did note that both Tino and Fifita did lift. I was happy to see that.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I thought we lifted from the moment peachey came on to be honest

Oh and another thing, I can't get what Titanic said last week out of my head, re the cameras showing Dymock in the dressing rooms half asleep before the game even began. Sounds like our players carry the same energy into our games...

Rep Player

As usual 35 points put on us. We gave it a crack though. The 1/3 of the team that is the problem still is. **** I loved what I saw out of Marzhew and JC. They need to stay.

Heartbreaking but honestly when we took the lead did you feel comfortable? We are a low IQ team and it’s shows. We were never going to win with this team. Silly errors and not completing sets when it counts. We need a better 2,3 6,7,9 and proctor needs to go.

Props to Wallace for another great effort. Tino and Fifita had a better end to the game but we still need more. Peachy just tries his guts out as he needs to as Taylor has no impact and foges is hot and cold.

Positive when we get rolling we can score points but we aren’t a top 8 team. We can’t defend, we can’t attack in any kind of structure, we are low IQ, we can’t win the 50/50 battles.

Just crap to be honest. It’s painful being a fan but all we can do is hope that 1 year we get it together. I need a stiff drink

The last two weeks it was our game to win and we threw them. You can point fingers all you want and talk **** about the coach but chopping and changing constantly just doesn't work in the NRL. You can see that happening with the Broncos. Wallace has been one of our best if you forget about the silly stuff. Taylor is probably the best half at the club.

Individual errors across the park are what cost us the game. Sami with the bad read at the end. Fogarty and Fifita with errors. Wallace, Vuna and Proctor for letting in one of the softest tries you will see in the nrl. I could go on but my point is that it's not one player and I don't think it is fair to blame players for being **** and then getting upset with the coach for not wanting to reshuffle the team and ruin the combinations that are starting to work.

The positive out of that game is that if we can hold the ball and be solid in defence we can beat just about any team in the comp. The negative is that we just can't, we lack the ability to do that for 80 minutes.

I don't want to be happy with close enough because at the start of the year we wanted to rule that out but at least we know we could be up there. We aren't up there but the fact that we could be sets us apart from teams like the Tigers, Bulldogs, Broncos and Knights who just couldn't.

I know this is wishful thinking but hopefully our investment in youth plus the addition of a gun hooker/half can give us a Penrith-esque turn around for next year. After all they went from 14th to 1st in one year and all they needed was an oldhead to give way to another half, an experienced hooker, some depth signings and a couple of debutants along the way

We're clearly missing the 8 this year and I fear we're going to have a playing group that performs like there is little to play for and spirals toward another spoon (bold of me to assume this isn't already happening).

We shouldn't need to comeback from 24 points down but we really didn't give ourselves a chance because of a combination of low IQ plays from the same low IQ players that are constantly letting us down. Decision making in key moments from guys who touch the ball the most like Peachey, Fogarty, and Ash to an extent was apalling. Clarke had some clangers too. Sure we scored points in a flurry when they had 12 on the field but the entire other 60 minutes we saw those same players making **** decisions to either not convert good field position, or put us under pressure in one way or another.

We don't defend our line well which I also put down to individuals being lazy, slow and soft but I've gone on about that enough previously.
    Last edited by Hail Sezer; 12-06-21 at 04:50 PM.