Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    First Grader

Peach at hooker completely stifled our attack, he literally attempted about 3 or 4 barge over try attempts in a row on their line on the last tackle. It wasn't until he moved into the ball playing lock role we started to score trys.

Sami needs to be dropped, it's inexcusable.

We desperately need a decent hooker and half

Inactive User

I don’t recall Sami ever stopping a try on our goal line. He probably has but all I can visualise is him getting physically beaten or out smarted.

QLD Cup

I can’t believe the write up that Fogarty is getting. Yes he sparked the comeback but he was absolutely woeful in the first half. He is our key playmaker and he goes missing when we need him. He runs sideways which stifles our attack, but more importantly is a captain that doesn’t step up in key moments.

Holbrook pretty much named him man of the match yesterday in his presser. I don’t know what it is about this club and it’s supporters but we seem to think that being in the competition is good enough. We talked up Don for years, despite the fact that we was in the bottom third of all wingers in the comp. As a club we accept mediocrity. Until we change that we will always be a bottom eight club.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Proctor doesn't pass because by the time he gets the ball, there is no opportunity on his outside for his outside man...with out his outside man being forced into touch by the oppositions sliding defence. Smart play.

Proctor doesn't pass because there is rarely anyone pushing up on the inside to change the angle of attack. Must be frustrating, even after all this time.

Some people like to put the boot into Kev saying he hasn't performed consistently since arriving here...but truth be told...he came as a very solid backrower from a very, very good storm system, to us. He couldn't change us as into the storm, no matter how hard he tried.

I hope Tino doesn't end up the same. Some are already asking if he was over hyped. No, he wasn't. He's just trying his guts out in a relatively dumb footy side. He needs a smart dummy half to work with him...like he used to feed off Cam Smith. We don't have that.

Fifita needs a smart 6, 7 and especially 9 to take the line on and create space (holes) for him to hit. If we keep using him the way we are...we risk turning him into a Tony Williams type player that hits the ball up, then props and tries to push off the first tackler...then gets swallowed by the defence. He needs to be hitting holes, not trying to trample defenders every time.
    I agree with all this.

I love this forum, I am one of the originals. Maybe the oldest (both in terms of age and forum members) but what gets up my goat with this forum is the name sledging of our players. That is what opposition supporters do. FFS Cokey … really. Maybe humourous for the first week but FMD that was years ago and like him or loathe him show some respect. The guy tries his guts out every week whether it be a 5 star performance or 1 star as most of you seem to think.

People are now going to come after me in an effort to defend themselves, go for it. I don’t give a rats and I can easily avoid it by ignoring this thread. Rant over.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I agree with all this.

I love this forum, I am one of the originals. Maybe the oldest (both in terms of age and forum members) but what gets up my goat with this forum is the name sledging of our players. That is what opposition supporters do. FFS Cokey … really. Maybe humourous for the first week but FMD that was years ago and like him or loathe him show some respect. The guy tries his guts out every week whether it be a 5 star performance or 1 star as most of you seem to think.

People are now going to come after me in an effort to defend themselves, go for it. I don’t give a rats and I can easily avoid it by ignoring this thread. Rant over.
    I don’t disagree but c’mon, Pepsi is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I don’t disagree but c’mon, Pepsi is hilarious.
    Maybe it was snigger-worthy the first time but repeating it over and over is just childishness.

I'm 100% onboard with what Shamus has posted.

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    I agree with all this.

100% Shamus. Slag our players performance but why add name insults.
    Nearly as annoying as a poster on here that always tries to take the contrary view.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    100% Shamus. Slag our players performance but why add name insults.
    Nearly as annoying as a poster on here that always tries to take the contrary view.
    You can name me directly, Humourless One. I don’t mind.

@everybody

I’ll take the hit shamelessly for player name calling because this is a forum and for those who find my postings annoying I apologize not for my comments but for lessening your enjoyment of the forum.

For years this space has been one of the few positives that an expat stuck in China gets from my frustrating regional club. I am a financial member of the club even though I have only been able to get to games occasionally and now sadly not at all. My family can and do though, because for 2 years we have been separated by the covid situation.

At 66 I may not be the oldest on here but being branded childish sort of made my day :-) anyway box on everybody, we are who we are.
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-06-21 at 02:22 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

You can tell our season has gone up the Khyber Pass when things like the above happens in our forum.
    Hats off to Holbrook and the Jim’s for our improvement last year but this year they have failed.
    We have probably adapted to the new rules the worst out of all the clubs and we are arguably the most disappointing club in the NRL this season.
    We need to do a lot more overhauling of our playing roster.

Rep Player

Proctor is not starting standard regardless of what you want to call him. He tries sure but does not break the line, misses tackles and has finally aged out. Again it’s not his fault he gets picked every week to start. Name calling is all in good banter and god we need some banter to keep sane these last few years. If it gets your goat that bad then I don’t know what to say... laugh it off call the poster a ******** and put your 2 cents in. That’s what I love about this forum I don’t agree with everything, people probably think I spew too much garbage but we are all titans fans and this is the place to let out the good, the bad the ugly.

Agree with you Bodsy, any goodwill from last year is gone. The same lingering problems that plagued us the last few years seem to just crop up no matter the team/coach/roster. It needs to be a proper tear down not just throwing up “good enough” players.

This week will be interesting to me. You cannot leave JC out of them team. Especially when Thompson is back you cannot trot out a Bk, Sami edge combination

I promise not to refer or talk about Kevin Proctor for the next one to two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I promise not to refer or talk about Kevin Proctor for the next one to two weeks.
    JB you are a very droll man.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Proctor is not starting standard regardless of what you want to call him. He tries sure but does not break the line, misses tackles and has finally aged out. Again it’s not his fault he gets picked every week to start. Name calling is all in good banter and god we need some banter to keep sane these last few years. If it gets your goat that bad then I don’t know what to say... laugh it off call the poster a ******** and put your 2 cents in. That’s what I love about this forum I don’t agree with everything, people probably think I spew too much garbage but we are all titans fans and this is the place to let out the good, the bad the ugly.

Agree with you Bodsy, any goodwill from last year is gone. The same lingering problems that plagued us the last few years seem to just crop up no matter the team/coach/roster. It needs to be a proper tear down not just throwing up “good enough” players.

This week will be interesting to me. You cannot leave JC out of them team. Especially when Thompson is back you cannot trot out a Bk, Sami edge combination
    Great post, especially the part in bold.

I do ask though to the people defending shamus here, are you absolutely fine as paying members seeing players of your team go out there and give half-assed efforts like Sami did on Ikavalu yesterday, Kelly did the week before and Proctor does from week to week? How is that not their fault? It's completely in their control and if they don't want to put the effort in then that's on them as far as I'm concerned. Constantly giving them a free pass only sets us up for more mediocrity, just like the past decade of it at this club. People may not like to hear that, but it's true. Either put in, or p-off.

I get called out a lot on here for being the negative guy, which is fair enough but in the end, have I really been far from the truth? What positives have there been to take out of this club from the past 10 years? I'm sorry but if the club doesn't want to fix this crap after a decade then diehard fans like me have every right to be pee-d off (notice I'm not swearing? Because I received a polite PM from a mod to tone my swearing down). Quite honestly, if you're offended by a bunch of censored words/asterix's (****) on a sporting team forum, then maybe the internet isn't for you.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-06-21 at 04:30 PM.

We tend to turn on each other in the forum when the team underperforms. Certain people take more offence when it is someone they may personally know as well.