Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Default Round 14: TITANS vs ROOSTERS

Titans vs Roosters
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Coach had a chance to send a message to his players and at this stage he hasn't done that. Marsters on the bench has me scratching my head again unless he comes in to drop Kelly. GM still there but then Don named on extended bench.

I look at our team vs theirs and I honestly like the match up. Unfortunately one team will be more professional and well drilled for the game.

Rep Player

No Thompson :|

Told me he’d be back this week. Hopefully next.

At full strength: Thompson for Sami and Stone for Proctor on the right-side edge, Lisone/Vuna for Marsters on the bench and a close eye on Fogarlii. Marsters for Kelly if that left edge fails again. I think we are pretty much at full strength though, so we have some way to go. I doubt AJ will be good for this weekend though, so I'm expecting to see JC back again.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Not impressed at all. Shows how gutless Holbrook is. Stone played 10 x better than Proctor last week. Our finals chances are nearly gone and he sticks with the same old crap. Kelly would want to have a blinder

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    At full strength: Thompson for Sami and Stone for Proctor on the right-side edge, Lisone/Vuna for Marsters on the bench and a close eye on Fogarlii. Marsters for Kelly if that left edge fails again. I think we are pretty much at full strength though, so we have some way to go. I doubt AJ will be good for this weekend though, so I'm expecting to see JC back again.
    Pretty much nailed it although I'd like to see Brimson come thru unscathed and go to the bench in place of Masters/Kelly - blowtorch to halves please Hurricane.
    We

Inactive User

It’s looking likely AJ won’t play tomorrow night

Pereneum in the bunker

At home, if we show the same defence as last week we will definitely be in with a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It’s looking likely AJ won’t play tomorrow night

Pereneum in the bunker
    Green said he will, Nate "the plodder" myles said he will. personally I think hunt gives more cover and he is playing good footy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    At home, if we show the same defence as last week we will definitely be in with a chance.
    Did we have good defence or did Melbourne drop the ball a heck of a lot?

So there are no consequences for stuffing up so badly? How the hell does Kelly not sit out this week?
    VERY poor coaching.

Yet again another coach to soft to drop the bigger named players! Another reason these players won’t buy into the culture of playing for each other! Even Walters dropped Osako this week!

I'm also disappointed to see some players not demoted. But I'm looking forward to having Tino, Mo, AJ (If fit) and Fifita back.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Titans v Roosters: Origin stars named; Crichton free to play
    http://www.nrl.com

The Gold Coast return to Cbus Super Stadium desperate for a victory over the Roosters to turn their mid-season wobbles around.

After an encouraging start to the year, they have suffered losses in three of their past four outings - beating the last-placed Bulldogs while going down in disappointing fashion to Penrith, Cronulla and Melbourne.

The Roosters will be refreshed by their bye last round and have managed to maintain fifth spot on the Telstra Premiership ladder in recent weeks despite encountering a heavy injury toll.

Before the bye they bounced back from an upset loss to Brisbane by beating the Raiders 44-16 in Gosford thanks to a superb performance by Joey Manu.

Titans: Fullback AJ Brimson carried a knee injury into Origin camp but is good to go for the series opener and has been named to back up on Saturday by coach Justin Holbrook. Impressive youngster Jayden Campbell is on the reserves list and could be called up should Brimson fail to come up after Townsville.

The club's other three Origin reps - David Fifita, Tino Fa'asuamaleaui and Moeaki Fotuaika - have all been named to back up, forcing Jaimin Jolliffe and Sam McIntyre to the bench and Sam Stone to the reserves.

Winger Anthony Don (hip) and hooker Mitch Rein (shoulder) have been listed among the reserves after both were ruled out of the clash with Melbourne.

Roosters: Star back-rower Angus Crichton is back from suspension, having also missed Origin I, while Isaac Liu (eye) also returns.

Fullback James Tedesco has been named to back up from Origin I in a rejigged backline which sees Joey Manu return to the centres, Lachlan Lam named at five-eighth and Sam Walker back in the No.7 after he was rested from the Raiders game in round 12. Joseph Suaalii is named among the reserves.

Skipper Boyd Cordner (concussion) is nearing a return but coach Trent Robinson doesn't expect the second-rower to face either the Gold Coast or Penrith.

Key match-up

Sitili Tupouniua v Kevin Proctor: The rival second-rowers have been among their respective team's best performers all season.

Tupouniua has risen to the fore with Boyd Cordner sidelined all season so far, his line breaks on the edge leading to several tries, while Proctor has been a rock for the Titans in what has been a turbulent 2021 campaign.

Stat attack
    The Roosters have managed to keep pace with the contending teams despite being the most penalised team in the NRL. They have conceded 66, two clear of the Titans and Bulldogs as the next-most penalised outfits.

Inactive User

Well it appears that the honeymoon with the Titans fans that Holbrook has enjoyed has come to an end.

This is basically the same team that the Broncos beat by exposing Sam Walker's defensive issues. Let's see if Holbrook isn't going to make players accountable can he come up with a plan to beat the Roosters like Kevvy did and I hate Kevin Walters.