Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    First Grader

BK is a liability unfortunately. His defence cost's us atleast a try if not 2 every week. Now his offence is costing us also.

I liked what I saw from marzhew. Came in and shut down when required. Solid hit ups. Felt like he got our sets off to a good start.

Herbert is solid and does the tough stuff.

Wallace was better because he was used accordingly. He is an extremely effective forward when he isn't gassed. Id love to see the minutes he played tonight compared to previous weeks.

JC is a solid prospect. Not NRL ready until next season though.

I like McIntyre at lock.

Vuna was good also.

Our linespeed that whole game was solid, right until the final whistle.

Why is that? Why can we not have that effort every week?

I'm so torn about what holbrook does with BK. You drop him and his confidence is destroyed, you would think kelly wouldnt make those mistakes again. You keep him in the team and what will the players think? He's got some decisions to make.
    Last edited by Upthetits; 05-06-21 at 10:50 PM.

The question I have is why has it taken to lose all our top players to come up with that sort of effort since Round 9?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    The question I have is why has it taken to lose all our top players to come up with that sort of effort since Round 9?
    Seems like we always play a bit better under adversity. You could tell from kick off how much more energy the boys had and how they weren't shying away from contact. I think if we can consistently start games with energy it will go a long way to us winning games, look at Panthers they don't have the biggest players but they always dent the line from pure enthusiasm

And I'm wondering, maybe Rein is better suited coming off the bench to inject a bit of speed around the ruck like Peachey was tonight? Thought both Clarke and Peachey were good tonight in their respective roles.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 06-06-21 at 12:29 AM.

Banned

Thought in the final minutes Clarke grabbed the ball and just stiffled the attack

Taylor didn’t look enthusiastic but maybe that’s when he plays better. His passes were rusty but his kicking game and defense were pretty good. I went back and looked at few other games and I’m starting to think BK has both attitude and defensive reads issues. He can hit but his positioning is very average. I’d send him and Sami back as wake up calls. Thompson, Marsters and Herbert, Marzhew against Le Coqheads.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I really enjoyed watching that game.
    Herbert was incredible and I thought it was the best game he’s played for us.
    GL/GM played really well and does look like an incredibly strong guy. It’s exciting seeing someone so powerful play the game and hopefully he can continue to defend well.
    McIntyre and stone both played well.
    Overall a great performance apart from Kelly who I can’t help but like and hope he gets back to his best

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Taylor didn’t look enthusiastic but maybe that’s when he plays better. His passes were rusty but his kicking game and defense were pretty good. I went back and looked at few other games and I’m starting to think BK has both attitude and defensive reads issues. He can hit but his positioning is very average. I’d send him and Sami back as wake up calls. Thompson, Marsters and Herbert, Marzhew against Le Coqheads.
    I agree about BK. His defensive decisions are poor but he also often comes up with a lazy or shortcut effort. A lot of the time we see Sami come rushing in or in no-mans land it's because he's following BK who is equally in no-mans land (I think they should both be playing ISC but its worth noting for perspective).

On the other side of the field - Herbert is becoming one of my favourite players. How good was it seeing him go toe to toe with Olam? Some big contact with those two kamikaze-ing at each other

Wow that was one hell of a spirited performance and even though spirit and desire are so important to a club they can only take you so far. Yes great to watch but frustrating when a team busts their balls competing except they’re unable to capitalise where it counts.
    I’ve touch on this prior but i think the penny only really dropped for me last night which probably makes me a good fit for this team and that is…Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!
    Yep this bloody team has near zero footy intelligence and especially our captains which pretty much makes us f@cked. We had Storm on the rack (out on their feet/12 men) yet we have no one who can put on plays/ guide the team around and get the job done. This is not a one off but a relentless “hit repeat”. in fact it is so glaringly obvious to me now that we shouldn’t just have a no d!ckhead policy it should include no “dumb c@nts”. Until we change this we will never get past mediocre failure as we have no “brains trust” just “brain dead”.
    i vote we change this predicament right now starting with the halves and I’m sorry to say but Fogs has to go (has nothing). I’ll probably get flogged for this but I think we should start immediately with the following shake up (yes dramatic but I just can’t handle this one game longer).

1. JC (smart kid and will grow quickly)
    6. AJB (brings the brains)
    7. AT (our best option I’m afraid)
    9.EC (improving every minute he’s on the field)

For the rest of the positions footy smarts first and skill second please.

We get this right now and hopefully we have enough talent in the other positions to turn this around this year not next or next or next.

Agree with most of what Rav said. I previously liked Fogarty for his effort and persistence, but he’s not the answer. Wondering if he could play hooker. Seems plenty willing in defense. I like Clark too, but might be best served as a change of pace rather than starter.

I was reluctant to move AJ (probably because it didn’t work when he first came to grade moving in between 1 and 6), but after seeing JC last night, we need to get our best players on the field. You need to look no further than our opposition last night. At their best they have an electric fb in Pap and Munster at 6 who is really not organising much, just playing what he sees and taking the line on.

Question is then who plays 7. Taylor’s kicking game was good last night and he has been putting his body on the line in defence, but crumbled under the pressure in previous years of being the focal point of attack. Either way, if he is coming back, it would be on half the coin he is currently on.

Not giving up on this year, but also what we currently have aint working.

What about a spine of-

Campbell
    Brimson
    Taylor
    Fogarty /Clark
    Last edited by Ausphin; 06-06-21 at 12:49 PM.

I hope we re-sign Herbert would Look good down that side with Fifita Jo Jo that is
    Has Spry Had a falling out with the coach as I never see or hear much about him
    I love BK but he has been off for a few weeks now
    Was so rapt how Jolliffe took on the storms forwards bent that line all the time he would be starting for me every game on that game
    JWAL might be a want to be the 13 after the ball playing and kicking skills he showed us tonight
    But did like what McIntyre show us there
    I am lost to for word what is happening to Fogarty has gone for Hero to Zero really this year Would like to se SEXTON get a start
    What I did notice was that the team played as a team all night
    I think when Fifita Tino and Mofo are playing they think they should win the game for them
    Vuna play well JC needs a little bit more time there at FB to get over his nerves but do look to have the goods
    Whitbread stood his ground like always and never let us down and Stone show me more then Protor on the right

Inactive User

Many good points made by you guys. The Coach sure has a lot to think about.
    Just one other thing, every time Peachey pinch hits at hooker I love his work. He’s got great instincts.

Rep Player

I wonder if the captaincy is weighing on Fog at all

I think we got caught out by Fog's last year. Taylor was so bad that when Fog's got his shot we were all really relieved that we had someone to organise things that we didn't really see his short comings. I don't think he is playing any differently to last year but we are now just realising that he is and always was average. Neither of them took control of the game when it was there to be won and that shows that neither is the answer going forward.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I think we got caught out by Fog's last year. Taylor was so bad that when Fog's got his shot we were all really relieved that we had someone to organise things that we didn't really see his short comings. I don't think he is playing any differently to last year but we are now just realising that he is and always was average. Neither of them took control of the game when it was there to be won and that shows that neither is the answer going forward.
    I dunno, perhaps it’s selective memory but I remember Fog taking control last year against the Warriors and kicking a 40/20 then getting a try assist to win us the game.