Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

I am encouraged by Boyd's game last week. But I understand people's worries over defence. But it should improve with more game time with the team.

I also was happy to see Mo return to form. Hope he can keep it up. He will be very much needed during Origin, I also guess we will see Campbell cam in for Brimson during that period and hopefully Thompson return successfully after recovering from surgery.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I take great offense at the deck chair comment MT ... lounge chairs at least thank you very much.

Boyd is just finding his way and hasn’t had the luxury of an inflated contract and years of mollycoddling but having said that he needs to go back and learn how to tackle. Ash and Fogarty for me too at this stage but Fogarlii is on the brink.
    I had just written a beautiful reply to you T but was thrown out as it posted. Farrk. I agree that lounge chairs will suffice.

I agree that Taylor and Fogs should be the halves but Fogs is indeed on the brink. I can't recall a worse kicking game (from either side actually) than Saturday and I think there was only one line dropout in the game. Boyd has now played 20 games for us and I think most players of potential would have shown a bit more by now, although having a decent halves partner would help. Anyway it will be rearrange the bar stools on the Titanic until seasons end but we are marking time with any of the three halves we have.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I had just written a beautiful reply to you T but was thrown out as it posted. Farrk. I agree that lounge chairs will suffice.

I agree that Taylor and Fogs should be the halves but Fogs is indeed on the brink. I can't recall a worse kicking game (from either side actually) than Saturday and I think there was only one line dropout in the game. Boyd has now played 20 games for us and I think most players of potential would have shown a bit more by now, although having a decent halves partner would help. Anyway it will be rearrange the bar stools on the Titanic until seasons end but we are marking time with any of the three halves we have.
    I think Boyd’s future with us is at hooker, preferably in the 17 jersey adding some versatility off the bench. Fogarty’s role to me is to keep the 7 jersey warm and cheap until the great Tom Weaver is ready to take us to the promised land.

Rep Player

Boyd is not a hooker. He was only there for experience.

Round 11 has proved a good one for the Titans - a victory over the Bulldogs and no injuries to speak of.

In further good news, the Titans backline will be strengthened by the return of Patrick Herbert.

Titans High Performance Manager, Klint Hoare, says the squad has recovered well as they prepare for a round 12 trip to take on the Sharks.

"Injury wise we have pulled up really well just a few knocks and bruises here and there but nothing substantial to keep anyone away from our game against Cronulla Sharks down at Coffs Harbour," Hoare said.

"We've got Patrick Herbert back which is awesome, he has had a four week return to play program and he hit all the markers last week so we will give him the appropriate load this week leading into Cronulla and he will be available for selection.

"Sam Lisone is still a few weeks away.

"He starts some integrated contact work the back end of this week, if not the following week.

"We've got Jonus Pearson travelling really well ... he'll return to some skills work this week and hopefully full training as of next week."

The Titans welcome back David Fifita from suspension this week, while the other suspended players will continue to work on their fitness.

"Tyrone Peachey and Herman Ese'ese are going through their suspension ... they are just following a normal training week, I call it a mini pre-season, it is a little bit harder than the current squad playing NRL and probably an extra session off feet as well."

Rep Player

I wonder the team makeup with Herbert back. Marsters has been unremarkable yet solid in defence and glimpses of attack. Surely Sami or Don drops out but I doubt it

Far out Mo was good against the Dogs:

"Fotuaika tallied 15 runs - 11 of those for a gain of eight or more metres - for 175m overall as well as nine tackle busts, two offloads and 32 tackles (two missed) in 60 minutes."

But he needs to do this consistently.

IMO the Sharks are a team we simply have to beat if we really consider ourselves top 8 contenders. They're an absolute mess this year and there should 0 excuses for a loss against them.

Well Sharks get Johnson, Ramien, Talakai and Mulitalo back this week haha. Far better team on paper now than they have been lately

Yay, they get Johnson back

PS Bods, please note the officials as I post them for your benefit every week.

Still Sami, surely someone else is fit enough

Man our wings suck. Don and Sami, I mean come on. How much longer are we going to persist with them? Try something different - how about Marsters and Campbell? Surely can't be any worse than the other pair.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 25-05-21 at 03:26 PM.

Yeah our wingers are trash. Although last week v the Bulldogs Sami did run for 260m and didn't do a whole lot wrong. Don on the other hand is easily the least effective winger in the NRL and I've love to see JC get a crack there.

Shaun Johnson carves us up annually so I'm hoping we send Fifita at him and Nikora, who are a pretty poor defensive combination.

Rep Player

Sami & Don in the team and Proctor starting....I feel it’s going to take finals contention officially out of our hands before any real change comes.

QLD Cup

Johnson scares me.........
    These are the games we need to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think Boyd’s future with us is at hooker, preferably in the 17 jersey adding some versatility off the bench.
    With you there Bods. He doesn't look like a long term option in the halves, not if we want to win anything.